Ok... here's the Timelines for X-Men:

Timeline 1:
  • X-Men: First Class (1962)
  • X-Men Origins: Wolverine (1981)
  • X-Men (2000)
  • X2 (2003)
  • X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)
  • The Wolverine (2013)
  • X-Men: Days of Future Past (2023 sequence) They Go Back To 1973 And Change The Past Which Causes Timeline 2

Timeline 2:
  • X-Men: Days of Future Past (1973 sequence) - NEW SEQUENCE, Didn’t Take Place In Timeline 1
  • X-Men Origins: Wolverine (1981) - Now Doesn’t Happen In The Way Depicted, Although Wolverine Still Ends Up In The Weapon-X Program
  • X-Men: Apocalypse (1983) - NEW SEQUENCE, Didn’t Take Place In Timeline 1
  • X-Men (2000) - Possibly Still Takes Place
  • X2 (2003) - Possibly Still Takes Place
  • X-Men: The Last Stand (2006) - Now Doesn’t Happen, Jean Grey and Scott Summers Are Alive, Jean Grey Has Already Embraced Phoenix In Apocalypse In 1983
  • The Wolverine (2013) - Possibly Still Takes Place
  • Deadpool (2016) - NEW SEQUENCE, Didn’t Take Place In Timeline 1
  • X-Men: Days of Future Past (2023 sequence) - Now Doesn’t Happen
  • Logan (well after 2023) - Because the 1973 Sequence Of DOFP Took Place, It Means The 2023 DOFP Sequence Never Happens, Which Allows For This Movie To Take Place After 2023
Heh! Just like in the comics - they made the whole thing un-followable by creating alternate splinter paradoxical time-travel timelines & concurrent counter-continuities (not to mention a plethora of alternate time-travel "I can't actually exist because my mother died before I was even born!" characters). IMO, this makes it so that actual fans of the franchise stop caring because the whole thing is a convoluted mess! (Just like the comics did - beginning in the late 80's.)

Here's how I would have handled the X-Men movies - start with the original team while introducing some future members (such as... who else? Wolverine). Then in sequels introduce the "New" X-Men and stop before doing any time-travel stories (they mess everything up - they ruined the Lost In Space movie, they ruined the Star Trek "prequels", etc.) If they wanted to do "Days of Future Past" then do it like the comics - a two-issue story that was wrapped up with the (then) current continuity in tact.

As a once fan of X-Men (ala the Claremont / Byrne / Austin era)... I'm just venting.

97% over on RT! Who saw THAT coming?

This really may well be one of the best ever.

Legend in my own mind
Heard nothing but good things about this. Finally they seem to have made a proper Wolverine film.

I'm hoping the Professor is just a delusion from all those blows to the head Logan has recieved over the years.

If I'm right or wrong don't tell me.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
It is crazy to see how well reviewed this thing is. I may have to breakdown and grudge-watch this.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Logan reportedly to feature post-credits scene. Featuring Deadpool (my 2 cents).

Nice. Can't wait to see this
This bodes well. Hopefully, a GOOD movie going summer coming up. Hoping Kong, Wonder Woman, Spider-Man, Guardians, The Mummy and War On The Planet Of The Apes keep up some sort of satisfaction level.

Saw it tonight.

Really good, by far the darkest superhero film I've seen. But not the best.

Hugh Jackman gives a great performance, as does Patrick Stewart. Dafnee Kean also very good.

There are some surprises and is overall a much sadder grimmer story than usual X Men instalments.

Thank you Hugh, and Thank you Wolverine (2000-2017)

I was not a fan of the previous Wolverine standalone movies, even though the last one was better than Origins. This seems promising, though. Some reviews have been positive, and the fact that it seemingly wants to emulate kind of a western/drama feel looks interesting. I will give it a watch, at least.

Legend in my own mind
I really enjoyed this film. Found every other 'Marvel' based film bang average except maybe 'Deadpool' and 'Civil war' which were better.

This is like X men for grown ups.

This might just do nobody any good.
Can't remember the last time I was ecxited for an X-Men movie (this year I'm also excited for a Thor movie so there's lots of surprises).

I think I'll have to wait till Sunday or Monday to see this. Time to dodge annoying text messages again!

Ok... here's the Timelines for X-Men:

Timeline 1:
  • X-Men Origins: Wolverine (1981)
  • X-Men (2000)
  • X2 (2003)
  • X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)
  • The Wolverine (2013)
  • X-Men: Days of Future Past (2023 sequence) They Go Back To 1973 And Change The Past Which Causes Timeline 2

Timeline 2:
  • X-Men: Days of Future Past (1973 sequence) - NEW SEQUENCE, Didn’t Take Place In Timeline 1
  • X-Men Origins: Wolverine (1981) - Now Doesn’t Happen In The Way Depicted, Although Wolverine Still Ends Up In The Weapon-X Program
  • X-Men: Apocalypse (1983) - NEW SEQUENCE, Didn’t Take Place In Timeline 1
  • X-Men (2000) - Possibly Still Takes Place
  • X2 (2003) - Possibly Still Takes Place
  • X-Men: The Last Stand (2006) - Now Doesn’t Happen, Jean Grey and Scott Summers Are Alive, Jean Grey Has Already Embraced Phoenix In Apocalypse In 1983
  • The Wolverine (2013) - Possibly Still Takes Place
  • Deadpool (2016) - NEW SEQUENCE, Didn’t Take Place In Timeline 1
  • X-Men: Days of Future Past (2023 sequence) - Now Doesn’t Happen
  • Logan (well after 2023) - Because the 1973 Sequence Of DOFP Took Place, It Means The 2023 DOFP Sequence Never Happens, Which Allows For This Movie To Take Place After 2023
You can't have the last stand in the same timeline as days of future past, Xavier was disintegrated or whatever you wanna call that nonsense, the last stand shouldn't be in any timeline

The reviews of Logan are OTT for me, it was good but there are 4 better X-Men films at least

Definitely better than the Wolverine though