Mojo Filter's Top 30 Lionel Richie Songs

Tools    

12. RUNNING WITH THE NIGHT
(1983, Can't Slow Down)

This song was written by Lionel and was featured on his second and most successful album to date. The song peaked at Number 7 in the US.

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

11. YOU ARE
(1982, Lionel Richie)

This song was written by Lionel and was featured on his solo debut album. The song is one of his most popular singles.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I will need to finish this list soon, even though many people have lost or have completely no interest.

I don't know a lot of Lionel Richie's songs, but there are still a couple of them that I'm hoping to see on your list.

10. DANCING ON THE CEILING
(1986, Dancing On The Ceiling)

One of the biggest singles by Lionel that spawned a fun and memorable music video

8. SAIL ON**
(1979, Midnight Magic)

This song was one of the Commodores' most successful singles, reaching the Top 10 in both the US and UK IN 1979.

7. HELLO
(1983, Can't Slow Down)

Hello is easily the most recognizable Lionel Richie song ever released. It was a huge success in the 80's, reaching Number 1 in many countries around the world, including the US.

6. PENNY LOVER
(1983, Can't Slow Down)

Hello might have been Lionel's most successful single off of Can't Slow Down, but Penny Lover was way better in my opinion.

5. TRULY
(1982, Lionel Richie)

This was Lionel's first single as a solo artist after leaving the Commodores. The song was a smash hit, reaching Number 1 in the US, becoming Lionel's signature song.

4. SAY YOU, SAY ME

Another Number 1 hit by Lionel, this ballad was featured in the soundtrack to the movie White Nights starring the late Gregory Hines.

3. ALL NIGHT LONG (ALL NIGHT)
(1983, Can't Slow Down)

Yet another Number 1 hit, All Night Long is easily the grooviest and most upbeat Lionel Richie song ever released.

2. STUCK ON YOU
(1983, Can't Slow Down)

Lionel went all country with this track, and it proved that he was versatile. The song was a hit, especially on the US Country Music charts.

1. EASY**
(1977, Commodores)

Released the year I was born, Easy was one of the best singles of 1977, peaking at Number 4 in the US. The song highlighted Lionel's growing role within the Commodores as an accomplished singer and songwriter, which would eventually lead to his departure and launching of a successful solo career.

7. HELLO
(1983, Can't Slow Down)

Hello is easily the most recognizable Lionel Richie song ever released. It was a huge success in the 80's, reaching Number 1 in many countries around the world, including the US.

Of the few Lionel Richie songs I know, "Hello" would probably be #1 on my list.

4. SAY YOU, SAY ME

Another Number 1 hit by Lionel, this ballad was featured in the soundtrack to the movie White Nights starring the late Gregory Hines.

I love both the song and the movie.