Actors You Dislike

Tools    

Robert Downey Junior gets on my nerves. He's undoubtedly a good actor, but he's also become a caricature of himself. Always that cocky, quircky, mumbling show-off. A bit like Johnny Depp, for that matter.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
One Hundred Lashes for you. Nay. Me thinks for this ye shall be keelhauled.

*loud crying face*. How can you hate Jason Statham, UV. He rocks.

I need a Raid enema, cause Owen Wilson puts a bug up my a$$
Luke Wilson is the better actor of the two. Owen has tons of money and still can't fix that nose of his!?

Jay Baruchel, Sandra Bullock, Margot Robbie, post Fresh Prince Will Smith and Mark Wahlberg. I also get a narcissistic douche vibe from Russell Crowe.

I agree Dani . The Transporter made me a fan.

Kate Winslet < I hate her
I can definitely get with this though.

This might just do nobody any good.
I don’t know who I hate her is but I doubt she’s better than Kate Winslet

James McAvoy, Mark Wahlberg, Taron Egerton, Michael Sheen

to name a few
I... agree with all of these. Well, most of them. Sheen is good sometimes. McAvoy isn’t bad per se but I find him annoying most of the time.

I agree Dani . The Transporter made me a fan.

Kate Winslet < I hate her
I can definitely get with this though.
Me too, See. I loved the first and the second, not so much the third.

I can't agree on Kate though. I haven't disliked her in anything I've seen her in except the recent with Elba. I posted about that at the tine

In my case I think it depends on what his role is. He's done some fantastic stuff over the years. I loved him in Children of Dune, way back. It was the way he put across a character that was intellectually beyond everyone else, with an undercurrent of menace.

Sometimes he makes me laugh in X-Men because that voice he's doing reminds me of Paul McGann when he's toning down the scouse . Very similar sound to me.

I’m pretty baffled at the praise he got for lame Francis Dollarhyde in Split.

Me too, See. I loved the first and the second, not so much the third.
I think I liked the first and third best. I should get The Transporter Refuelled and see what Ed Skrein is like. I wasn't keen on the TV version.

I can't agree on Kate though. I haven't disliked her in anything I've seen her in except the recent with Elba. I posted about that at the tine
I think it's less about her as an actor but it's her own personality that I find grating. Thinking about it I've not seen that much of her over the years. Jude is a good film.

Also, I remember very fondly a children's TV drama she appeared in in 1991, Dark Season, written by Russell T Davies. He followed it up with what is probably the scariest children's serial ever made, Century Falls. We had some decent telly growing up.

I’m pretty baffled at the praise he got for lame Francis Dollarhyde in Split.
Dollarhyde's a great character isn't he? Tom Noonan's my favourite.

Sometimes he makes me laugh in X-Men because that voice he's doing reminds me of Paul McGann when he's toning down the scouse . Very similar sound to me.
I'm still scratching my head why anybody looking for somebody to play a younger Xavier/Stewart would go say "hey I know what about James McAvoy" .. he pretty much ruins those films for me trying trying to be that character, even when he attempts to rough it in movies like Filth, I don't buy into his portrayal of those type of characters, he really annoys me lol

I'm still scratching my head why anybody looking for somebody to play a younger Xavier/Stewart would go say "hey I know what about James McAvoy" .. he pretty much ruins those films for me trying trying to be that character,
Stewart plays him in a very open, hopeful way doesn't he? You see that straight away in the first film when Charles meets Erik in the corridor. He isn't going to stop looking for the best in people.

Not easy to cast a younger version of Stewart I agree. Star Trek did it though :

WARNING: spoilers below
In Star Trek: Nemesis. I thought in appearance and with his voice, Tom Hardy was great as a – roughed-up – clone of Picard.

even when he attempts to rough it in movies like Filth, I don't buy into his portrayal of those type of characters, he really annoys me lol
Another good one was playing Macbeth as a Gordon Ramsay-like chef. And the witches were bin men .

Stewart plays him in a very open, hopeful way doesn't he?
Yes I'm not a big fan of x men but I could still see he embodied that role and well he is just a great actor so is going to do a good job with anything he takes on.. unlike McAvoy who never shines, he's just there all the time, showing up in every other Hollywood movie, can't stand him, think I've made my case lol

I mean, It was always Stewart or bust for Xavier. They even started drawing the character to resemble him in the comics in an effort to convince him to take the role.