Cricket's Top 100 of the Decade so Far

→ in
Tools    

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Big fan of both Apes films and really looking forward to War for the Planet of the Apes later this year. I also really liked Flight. It's like a more interesting version of Sully.

Not seen either of those, do have Gone Girl sitting on a shelf waiting for it's go in the flap one day though.

All of the last six you posted I like, or love. Gone Girl especially, it's one of my favorites from Fincher, right after The Social Network, and maybe Benjamin Button.

Tyrannosaur (2011)

What a miserable movie with miserable characters. That makes me happy.

Prisoners (2013)

Another movie that suits my taste well. I love the cast, the story, and how it plays out.

Not seen either of those, do have Gone Girl sitting on a shelf waiting for it's go in the flap one day though.
as above, just substitute Prisoners for Gone Girl

This might just do nobody any good.
Gone Girl is so good. That's another essential for the decade, IMO. It's a great look at the toxicity of the media and Amy is an amazing super villain.

Prisoner's is a great example of execution elevating concept. In any other hands I think it would have fallen as a middle of the road thriller (it was almost a Mark Wahlberg movie (ugh)) but Villeneuve's direction and Gyllenhaal's ambiguous performance really work wonders for it.

I also love Jackman's ferociousness. Hope we get some of that in Logan.

I haven't seen EWS but I really go to. Linklater's work is kind of important to me.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
It's been a while since I saw The Way Way Back so I don't remember much about it, but I remember that it was a very good movie. I'll have to watch it again when I get a chance.

Gone Girl is a good movie, but if I remember correctly, it had a few plot holes that you could drive a truck through.

I watched Prisoners because I like both Jake Gyllenhaal and Hugh Jackman, and I liked the movie, but it took a couple of watches for me to really appreciate it.

Tyrannosaur (2011)

What a miserable movie with miserable characters. That makes me happy.

Prisoners (2013)

Another movie that suits my taste well. I love the cast, the story, and how it plays out.
Not enough rep in the world for this post. 2 Superb films.

Everybody Want Some is top three from last year for me. Not a fan of Gone Girl, wouldn't say i hate it, it's just not for me i suppose. Love Tyrannosaur, glad to see you like it so much. As i've said a million times here i'm not a Villenueve fan and Prisoners is my least favourite from him.

Prisoners and Gone Girl are two great thrillers from this decade! Rep for A Serbian Film because it is a very interesting movie to think about, under all the brutality and messed-up images there does seem to be meaning in it.

X-Men: First Class (2011)

I wouldn't even say I'm a fan of the X-Men series, but this is my favorite superhero movie. The cast has a lot to do with that.

The Drop (2014)

I appreciate a more subtle crime drama with all the other bombastic movies that are released, and I give Tom Hardy a lot of credit for taking on a somewhat thankless role. The movie has a quiet intensity, and it's always nice to watch the late James Gandolfini.

No idea whether or not I've ever seen X-Men: First Class tbh, quite enjoyed the original in the franchise at the time but they all kinda blur for me now so I can't remember which bits are in which movie.
Thoroughly enjoyed The Drop

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
I really enjoyed Prisoners and XMen First Class so

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

First Class is the best X-Men movie but I don't like it nearly this much. I loved The Drop. Lehane adaptations are awesome. I will be pretending Live By Night doesn't exist.