Oscars 2017

Tools    

Currently waiting for the live stream to start.
No idea why, but I'm strangely placing you in the bathroom whilst saying this

*comment retracted prior to publication

I've made predictions before, and I am almost certain the following will be the top winners:

BEST PICTURE: La La Land
BEST DIRECTOR: Damien Chazelle
BEST ACTOR: Casey Affleck
BEST ACTRESS: Emma Stone
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR: Aaron Taylor-Johnson
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS: Viola Davis
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Please hold your applause till after the me.
No idea why, but I'm strangely placing you in the bathroom whilst saying this

*comment retracted prior to publication
I'm not in a bathroom, I'm in your bathroom, you have a lovely home.

I'm not in a bathroom, I'm in your bathroom, you have a lovely home.
Actually I'm house-sitting for cricket at the moment

Welcome to the human race...
If anyone from Nocturnal Animals had to get a nomination, I'm just glad it was Shannon and not Kick-Ass.

Still weird to me that Dev Patel gets counted as a supporting actor in Lion even though he plays the protagonist, though.

Also a little disappointed that Elle didn't get a Foreign nom, but I can't complain about The Salesman or Toni Erdmann.

Kubo and the Two Strings for a best visual effects is one of the best decisions The Academy ever made.

Land of Mine from Denmark got a nom. Yessir!!

Lucas Hedges for a supporting nom. Well done.

No editing nom for Manchester by the Sea is a huge disappointment!!

I probably forgot some stuff, but that's the main things I noticed and wanted to mention.

Welcome to the human race...
If she wanted the Oscar that badly, she'd have signed on for a movie where she gets attacked by a bear.

Also, the Academy doesn't give that much of a crap about Animated films in the first place (nine times out of ten it goes to the biggest Disney/Pixar movie of the year) but yeah, you'd think that Your Name actually being such a hit might get it a look in.

What did everyone think of the way they announced them this year? It's different, and no doubt people will be put off. But give the Academy kudos to try something new.