[NEW THING] Clubs

Tools    

I'm on the Capra bandwagon
We need a few rivalvries so i'm definitely slashing the tires on your Capra bus.

Let us see how much good Capra sees in humans when they find it hilarious that he ended up in a terrible situation needing help.

Is adding the Clubs link underneath the header beside Quizzes an option? It could be a decent way to draw attention/traffic to it.
You should start the "always makes everyone curious by watching awesome films but disappoints everyone by not saying a word about them" club.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
We need a few rivalvries so i'm definitely slashing the tires on your Capra bus.

Let us see how much good Capra sees in humans when they find it hilarious that he ended up in a terrible situation needing help.
LOL

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ

Don't like Capra?

You should start the "always makes everyone curious by watching awesome films but disappoints everyone by not saying a word about them" club.
I feel as though nothing I'd say would be of much interest/significance to anyone. I don't think I know enough about movies to discuss them in depth. I'd like to begin, but I'm not sure where to start.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Wow. Chris, I can't congratulate you enough on how everything works with this new feature.

I tip my hat to you, sir.

Suspect's Reviews

I feel as though nothing I'd say would be of much interest/significance to anyone. I don't think I know enough about movies to discuss them in depth. I'd like to begin, but I'm not sure where to start.
Sorry man, i know i'm always an a-hole but it's mostly because i really want to know your thoughts. I mean, i see your posts in Movie You're Watching Tonight and i hope for even a few sentences somewhere on what you thought.

I can assure you i'd be interested in your thoughts, i mean read mine nothing i say is original but i still like to give out my thoughts/join in on discussions. And i think that's largely appreciated/recognized when people actually want to talk to you about stuff.

Anyway, PM me whenever you want to talk about films i will respond Hope you start communicating with us more.

Is adding the Clubs link underneath the header beside Quizzes an option? It could be a decent way to draw attention/traffic to it, as well as making it quite easy to access.
Someone asked the same thing on the first page:

Not yet. I'm kinda pondering where to make room for it, and part of me thinks of this feature as being in beta for now, anyway.
And while I'm encouraged by everyone's talk of directors, I think that should be split off into a new thread. We can add lots, for sure. The main thing is: how can we turn this into something people will actually find interesting or useful even after all the directors we want in there, are in there?

Just joined the Scorsese club...but where's the Kubrick club!?

GUYS. STOP ASKING WHERE CLUBS ARE. I said a gajillion times that this is fresh out of the oven. They'll be there!

Okay, sorry I only read the first post.

Where's the club club? I need to bash some people over the head!

I mentioned this to Yoda earlier that I thought it would be neat if there was some type of discussion for the club members.

I just had a new idea about that...what if each Director's Club had one thread that was pinned to the top of the thread list...and that pinned thread would be open for all MoFos to post on (as all the threads are on the main MoFo site anyway).

That thread could be a welcome/home thread and a place for club members to post and 'hang out' ..and as all MoFos could post to it, it could also serve to create interest in new members joining the club.

An example I made:
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Billy Wilder Club example.jpg
Views:	492
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	28590  

They're finally here! Thanks, Yoda!

Obviously this is the part that I'd like to see developed further:

[*]More advanced statistics about which members have seen which films, how they've rated them, etc.
Being able to check off/rate the films for each director and being able to observe those statistics from other members as well is probably the most interesting feature that still could be added, in my opinion.

MacGuffins: An Alfred Hitchcock Club

Probably do Spielberg, Kubrick, and Kurosawa. Maybe a few more. But once the really obvious omissions are taken care of, gonna look more into expanding or tweaking the features here.

Okay, Clubs should be basically usable with the mobile style. Let me know if anyone has any issues there. Some of it's a little rough, but I think it should work.

Will try to add a few more directors over the next few days. If you volunteered to Curate, just be forewarned that I'll need you to tag a bunch of threads pretty quickly once I PM you about it, so if you're one of those people, head on a swivel tomorrow and Friday!