[NEW THING] Clubs

Tools    

No love for any Canadian directors?

Am I the only one who would like a Cronenberg Club? I'd definitely curate it if no one else has stepped up yet.
I would love a Cronenberg Club!

From the last page:

Yeah, this isn't anywhere near "done" in terms of features or content. This is a beta, or a proof of concept, so don't think too much of how many directors are missing. I just want people to try it out and let me know what kinds of ways they think it might be useful, and then we can start expanding.
I'll be adding a lot of the more obvious omissions over the next week. Might be delayed slightly because of the Oscar stuff, which starts tomorrow (!), but Hitch and the like are all foregone conclusions.

The main thing right now is to figure out what needs to be added so that this fun and/or useful, since if it's not, it won't really matter who we included. So any feedback on that, positive or negative, would be very much appreciated.

Somehow my reply wasn't send and I had to write it all over.

This is really cool! way to go Yoda! About clubs of actors I thought about making clubs for TV Shows then I notice about the topic of the forum . But it would be really cool to have Clubs about stuff like the Cinematic Marvel Universe.

Will there be a feature to add directors by ourselves or will it be managed by request? Also can you only join 1 club or multiple ones? If you can only join 1 then will the forum fall into some sort of Gryffindor-Slytherin type of chaos? Will people fight because they think their club is better?! Clubs is on beta and it's already tearing appart the forum!!

For now, it'll be managed by request, since anything automated would have to deal with conflicts and have an approval process and that'd all be more work than me just screening it myself. But if it turns out to be popular enough, I can naturally justify more elaborate/streamlined features.

And you can join as many as you like.

No love for any Canadian directors?

Am I the only one who would like a Cronenberg Club? I'd definitely curate it if no one else has stepped up yet.
Yeah, i'd join this. Not seen that many from him but i love The Fly and Videodrome. We'd definitely need to fit the fact that Canada doesn't actually exist into it somewhere though.

The main thing right now is to figure out what needs to be added so that this fun and/or useful,
Definitely working my hardest to turn this into the David Lynch Fan Club Forum over the next few weeks then. I think the fact that the Twin Peaks revival is coming up which is the first thing Lynch has done in 11 years should play a part. Plus i'm rewatching and posting about Twin Peaks and when i'm finished i'll finally watch Fire Walk With Me.

I should watch another Lynch soon. It's always interesting and I never know how I'll feel.
Watch Twin Peaks. At least watch The Pilot which is basically a movie. And if you're into it join me in The Twin Peaks Thread so i have someone to discuss it with on my rewatch.

So don't watch the movie Twin Peaks?
I've never seen it and Twin Peaks is one of my favourite shows. It was made after the show and is a prequel so you definitely don't have to watch it first. I'm planning on finally watching it after my rewatch which i'm 3 episodes into so if you do try the show and get into it you could do the same as me and we'd discuss it.

Edit: Twin Peaks: The Pilot is a movie Raul. Not officially but it is, it was even a one pointer on our 90's Countdown.

I gotta say Yodas personal touches on the forum, these little tweaks/additions here and there, really fill out the abilities of what a forum website can do. I dont know of a forum anywhere on the internet with such a slick, simple, accessible presentation.

Any love for:
Vittorio De Sica
Frank Capra
John Cassavetes
Robert Altman
Elia Kazan
Robert Bresson
If we're going by how much they're talked about sadly i think Altman and Kazan are the only ones with a chance there. I'd definitely join a Bresson Club though.

I'll join.

Also i'll joined the Wilder one and will suggest a Miyazaki club.
I'd join a Mushroom hosted Miyazaki Club. "The Most Pleasant Place On Earth Thanks To Our Curator" would be our hook... and it would be accurate!

I'll join.

Also i'll joined the Wilder one and will suggest a Miyazaki club.
I'd join a Mushroom hosted Miyazaki Club. "The Most Pleasant Place On Earth Thanks To Our Curator" would be our hook... and it would be accurate!
Thanks. Ill do it tomorrow.

Is adding the Clubs link underneath the header beside Quizzes an option? It could be a decent way to draw attention/traffic to it, as well as making it quite easy to access.