The Videogames Tab

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher
Oh, also started Hitman, though just barely: I did the first run-through with the tutorial mission. For some reason it's not striking my funny bone right now, but it seems like it should be a really fun game once I'm in the right mood, so I'll pick it up again soon.
The world of assassination is never inherently funny, especially when you're learning it. But yeah, the big fake ship is only there as a ropes-learning thing. Tutorial 2 (the big fake military air facility) is more of an indication of things to come but 47 doesn't have the chance to demonstrate his full skill set (modelling, drumming, yoga etc) until the first proper map, Paris.

Stick with it. Some have said it's the best game of 2016.

EDIT - Don't know what the rewards are for increasing your mastery of Tutorial 2 (don't think the boat even has a scale) because I didn't spend a lot of time on it, but the more challenges you complete the better gear you get for future missions, on all the maps.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Yoda, did you put the picture of the world that made you say "Wow!" there? That's Kaptar, and yes, it's a tad impressive on a large monitor with a good graphics card. I'm afraid of heights, so it took some getting used to, dashing around the place and not "looking down," as it were.

Yoda, did you put the picture of the world that made you say "Wow!" there? That's Kaptar, and yes, it's a tad impressive on a large monitor with a good graphics card. I'm afraid of heights, so it took some getting used to, dashing around the place and not "looking down," as it were.
Yeah, pretty much. Really love the sense of scale.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I might be taking my pinball obsession a bit far...

But it's so good!

That is F'n great man! But is it better than Crue Ball?

I guess I should contribuite a little bit to the thread

Sooo, the christmas sales from Steam are really popular! People even crash down the server. And I was shocked about the 85%, 90% sales!! I remembered I wanted time to pass since some games go down 40 dollars in 2 years (My personal chart: 60 dollars new game, 19.99 dollars popular game that has 3 years). So for the price of 15 dollars I bought Saints Row IV, a game that might not be amazing for everyone but I was really hyped for playing it back then and I never get the chance to play it; Far Cry 3, claimed to be one of the best games regarding story line (I saw "If you could erase a game from your memory to play it again because of the story what would it be" choosing it) which I don't get since it doesn't seem that increidible but I'll know when I play it; and finally, a friend couldn't stop talking about this game! Borderlands 2!! I bought the pack Game of The Year with a lot of DLCS at only 4 dollars!!

I loved the demo of Destiny and the idea of playing multiplayer in different story games of others and completing missions and stuff. And I was amazed to discover Borderlands 2 was just the same! I didn't search anything about it, I mean...4 dollars!! And my friend couldn't stop talking about it. I don't know when I'm in the story mode but I can't stop playing it!! I can't wait to play Tiny Tina's DLC, she is my favorite character. I choose Zer0, I think that everyone was going to choose him though, he has a sword and a mask, that's just the 2 things that would make anyone pick him!! The special abilieties from the others seem pretty cool though, the Siren power, the tower, and some sort of thing that makes you faster? Anyway I search a little bit about Borderlands 1, and how some of the characters on the 2 were the ones you choose back in 1. So far I will totally buy the rest of the games. Also Rest in Peace BloodWing

Is that your all time screen or ddid you just used it for pinball?
It's my regular monitor flipped into portrait mode, which Pinball Arcade (the game) supports. Now, if I could find a way of doing that with my TV, I'd have something astonishing!

I guess I should contribuite a little bit to the thread
I love Borderlands too. Zero the character I ran in B2. Thought the face / emoticon concept was great.

Finally started Watch Underscore Dogs Two last night.

Don't know how long it'll take for me to get bored - it's a standard GTA clone underneath - but that game's got styyyle. Its riffs on Hacktivists and modern SF counter culture are light-hearted enough never to feel preachy and, unlike the first game, the lead character has personality.

When I saw the first reveal trailer, I feared that Watch Dogs 2 would be a cringeworthy meme-riddled mess. I'm happy that there's a slick, clever game there instead.

Come to find out Biohazard comes with a code for a movie nobody wants to watch.

I'm sure I'll be spamming this once or twice more, particularly near the end, but there's a Kickstarter up for The Banner Saga 3.

I expressed concern awhile back over the fact that, according to SteamSpy, the second game had sold a lot worse than the first. Granted, such stats aren't super reliable, but the difference was stark enough that it seemed there'd been a major dip, and I guess this Kickstarter probably confirms it. That said, it's sort of good news, since before now I considered it an open question whether or not a third game would even happen (though I still figured it probably would).

Anyway, sad this'll be the last one, but happy it'll very likely happen. I'll definitely be donating above and beyond the minimal tier, and I might talk myself into one of the fairly lofty ones. I've backed plenty of Kickstarters enough to just get the game in question, but it's rare they have one for something I like this much, so I might make an exception and stretch for one of those higher goals.

How did 2 shape up?

I enjoyed 1, bought 2 but haven't had much compulsion to actually play it - I think the reason behind this was rushing through a second playthrough of 1 to refresh the story in my mind and getting annoyed at the combat system so much that I didn't even bother finishing that bullsh*t final battle, which apparently they've now patched to be less, well, bullsh*t.

I guess I forgot to post when I finished the second one, yeah, since the latest update I can find is this one, which I posted when I was 2/3rds of the way through.

There's less of a sense of wonder than the first, but that was inevitable since it's a sequel, and as I alluded to in that post, I'd rather the story veered a little away from the more supernatural elements as opposed to towards them. But I wasn't expecting that, and it's a minor complaint that's more than offset by the improvements: a nice training mode you can use to level up, refined combat, and a much more varied, interesting group of battles/encounters than the first game. Even the locales during the marching between dialogues and encounters is more interesting: both the landscapes and the choices are more dramatic, and one choice in particular has such an appropriate little consequence that I almost laughed out loud.

I did the same thing as you: replayed the first to remind myself of what had happened. I'm sure I'll do the same with the second before the third. I'll be sad to see it end, but I'm very excited about it already, even nearly two years before the ETA (if they make it, given that so many KS games don't).

I guess I forgot to post when I finished the second one, yeah, since the latest update I can find is this one, which I posted when I was 2/3rds of the way through.

There's less of a sense of wonder than the first, but that was inevitable since it's a sequel, and as I alluded to in that post, I'd rather the story veered a little away from the more supernatural elements as opposed to towards them. But I wasn't expecting that, and it's a minor complaint that's more than offset by the improvements: a nice training mode you can use to level up, refined combat, and a much more varied, interesting group of battles/encounters than the first game. Even the locales during the marching between dialogues and encounters is more interesting: both the landscapes and the choices are more dramatic, and one choice in particular has such an appropriate little consequence that I almost laughed out loud.

I did the same thing as you: replayed the first to remind myself of what had happened. I'm sure I'll do the same with the second before the third. I'll be sad to see it end, but I'm very excited about it already, even nearly two years before the ETA (if they make it, given that so many KS games don't).
I screwed myself in the replay by rushing through and not taking time to spec my party properly. When it got to the end I just couldn't cope with the battle.

2's still on my 'to play' list on Steam and I've not deleted it (I lost a hard drive recently and re-jigged my games folder to include only 50 titles), which bodes well.

Thanks Square Enix!

I've just been invited to the Final Fantasy XV Moogle Chocobo Carnival!

Once I heard that the game was getting a huge patch, the bulk of which was fleshing out the story, I stopped playing. I saw that it had been given a patch today and thank God it was finally but it was only the Moogle Chocobo Carnival stuff. I think I can hold out for a while yet.

Buying Yakuza 0 today has pushed it further down the list anyway.