Best Fight Scene

Tools    

What do you think is the best fight scene youve ever scene?

I dont know which ones the best, there have been so many from Charles Bronson in Hard Times, Jet Li vs the martial arts school in Fist of Legend, Viggo Mortensens shower knife fight in Eastern Promises, but what inspired this thread was the best scene in King Kong.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Without a doubt...

A few spring to mind immediately...

Obi Wan vs Maul in the finale of the sabre fights in Ep 1... Van Damme vs Lundgren in Universal Soldier is good fun too.

I'm gonna have a think on this one though
Should be fun.

Without a doubt...

Money scene. To the few that dont know the backstory behind it, Harry Ford had the flu and had complete numerous takes of this , what was supposed to be, a lengthy fight scene between the two. Ford pulling the gun and just shooting him was complete improv, as he was literally too sick, disgusted, & exhausted.

Plenty come to mind but the one that stands out is the Willow fight between Madmartigan and General Kael:

WARNING: spoilers below
The lead up is great, as Madmartigan cuts off a section of Kael's skull mask (compare that to Obi-Wan shearing Darth Maul's lightsaber in half); and the end is brutal, as stabbing Kael with Airk's broken sword isn't enough. To stop Kael Madmartigan has to all but hack him to death, ultimately impaling him on his own sword before pitching him off the ramparts.

Of course Val Kilmer crops up again in the classic Tombstone close quarters gunfight between Doc Holliday and Johnny Ringo.

Don't know if it qualifies as a fight scene, but I always thought Braveheart had some of the best hand to hand and armed combat scenes (using ancient weapons). They were some of the most brutal, bloody, action packed, yet easy to follow battlefield fight scenes ever made.

One thing I don't like about most modern movies is that the fight scenes are often difficult to follow. The camera cuts, shakey-cam, use of CGI, etc. just seem to make for a headache-inducing kaleidoscope of whirling images that are near impossible to follow. Even the old, cheaply made karate movie fights are preferable to today's fights scenes that are targeted at a multi-app., attention-deficit, sensory overload generation.

Of course Val Kilmer crops up again in the classic Tombstone close quarters gunfight between Doc Holliday and Johnny Ringo.
Easily, one of the biggest pop reaction from a theater audience Ive ever seen. Tombstone has a bad rap with the film auteurs, and thats too bad cause it delivered everything expected and more.

I'm not hugely into fighty movies so I don't have much to pick from. I do enjoy all the ones in Kill Bill 1 & 2 though. If I had to pick a favourite... I guess it would be The Bride vs the Crazy 88.

Another one I like is the final Daredevil v Bullseye fight in the Daredevil film, especially Bullseye throwing the glass shards and completely failing to hit Daredevil with any of them . I suppose in a way it's similar to another good fight, the one in the burning building between Spider-Man and the Green Goblin in Spiderman.

This is a tough one since I am a huge fan of fight scenes...even if they aren't great. Here are some of my faves.

Achilles vs Hector-Troy
House fight-X-men The Last Stand
Club-John Wick
The Russian-The Punisher
Hallway-Oldboy
Anything from equilibrium
Battle of Pellenor Fields-LOTR Return of the King
Battle of Five Armies-The Hobbit ""
Avenging a Son-The Patriot

There are sooo many more

I'm not hugely into fighty movies so I don't have much to pick from. I do enjoy all the ones in Kill Bill 1 & 2 though. If I had to pick a favourite... I guess it would be The Bride vs the Crazy 88.

I totally forgot about Bride vs GoGo Yubari