MoFo Lists

Tools    

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
Ok, first, awesome! 200,000 entries on the MoFo Lists! Cool!

Second, there's a linking error in the lists. Fantastic Planet (1973) has two separate entries. One is in top 100 animated and is labled as just "Fantastic Planet", while on top 100 Sci-fi and top 100 of the 70's, it's labled as "Fantastic planet (Planéte Sauvage, La)".

Side note; why's it called "Fantastic Planet" when the translation is "The Savage Planet"?

Ok, first, awesome! 200,000 entries on the MoFo Lists! Cool!

Second, there's a linking error in the lists. Fantastic Planet (1973) has two separate entries. One is in top 100 animated and is labled as just "Fantastic Planet", while on top 100 Sci-fi and top 100 of the 70's, it's labled as "Fantastic planet (Planéte Sauvage, La)".
Thanks. Standard caveats from my last few posts in this thread about how people might need to re-check this once I merge them (hopefully in just a few minutes).

Side note; why's it called "Fantastic Planet" when the translation is "The Savage Planet"?
Mainly because the former is just how it's known in most places. Both Wikipedia and IMDB have that as the title, even if the translation is rough. Not ideal, but so it goes.

I dunno if I can say for sure, because I wasn't monitoring it at the time and the ID counter increments steadily and doesn't account for any entries that have been deleted...

...but with all those caveats, the entry with ID200,000 is Upton checking off The Road Warrior for the OFCS's Top 100 Sci-Fi Films list.

What's the least checked one then?
I'd guess one of the lesser known Cannes Winners. Even members like Mark and Holden who have most of their lists filled seem to still have a decent amount to see from those.

Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior isn't melted together yet. There's one The Road Warrior in the Sci-Fi list and another Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior in the 80s list.

Also, I noticed that when I typed in "Road", Fury Road, Broadway Danny Rose and Bullets Over Broadway are given without being on any list.

I checked and for the latter two, the explanation is probably that they're on a director's club list (other films from those lists are given as well when you search for them), but I'm not sure why it's the case for Fury Road.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Mad Max: Fury Road is #9 on the MoFo Top 100 Action Movie List which is not an official list apparently. By the way, are we deleting the Sci-Fi List we already have once the new one is done? I hope not but I don't know since they'll probably be very similar as far as the movies. Obviously this new one will have some newer titles.

Nah, we'll definitely have both, since one's from the OFSC and one's from us and all that. Fine with us having our own version of all the more "official" ones on there.

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
Came upon another post which isn't melded. Nausicaä of the valley of the wind holds three different spots on three different lists (MoFo animation, Best comic book and top 100 of the 80s), but only two of them are linked. MoFo animation and Best comic book are linked, but best of the 80s has a typo where Nausicaä is spelled with Nausicaa instead of Nausicaä.

Thanks, will combine shortly. I'll switch over all the list updates that are just that film, but standard notice about maybe having to re-check it (or having it excluded from a handful of updates awhile back) and all that.

Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior isn't melted together yet. There's one The Road Warrior in the Sci-Fi list and another Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior in the 80s list.

Also, I noticed that when I typed in "Road", Fury Road, Broadway Danny Rose and Bullets Over Broadway are given without being on any list.

I checked and for the latter two, the explanation is probably that they're on a director's club list (other films from those lists are given as well when you search for them), but I'm not sure why it's the case for Fury Road.
I think you might've missed my post there.

Nah, we'll definitely have both, since one's from the OFSC and one's from us and all that. Fine with us having our own version of all the more "official" ones on there.
Yeah. We'll be wanting to do a new General 100 at some point and there's no reason to take out the old one since that's from a different group of members; don't think it should be different with the Sci-Fi one unless it's very similar which i seriously doubt it will be.

Also Cob's post in case this goes to a new page and you miss it: