Terminator 1 or 2?

Tools    

I have the same opinion about alien The first film was original good storytelling but the second was more entertaining and full of action. from a critical point of View I would say the first terminator just as I would say the first alien but if I'm in the mood for entertainment stunts and explosions then the sequels are for me but as a whole I think I prefer the original terminator simply because it was an original gripping story.

Both are great but I have to say T2 has the edge. More intense, more action and a story with greater depth. The ending was also very emotional. And not to forget, Sarah Conner was BADASS. Sort of reminded me of the character of 'Ellen Ripley' from Alien.

First is better than the second. Always has been, always will be. I've been answering this question the same way for the best part of 25 years and it hasn't changed yet.

I couldn't tell you about any of the others in the series though, because I've not seen them.

First is better than the second. Always has been, always will be. I've been answering this question the same way for the best part of 25 years and it hasn't changed yet.

I couldn't tell you about any of the others in the series though, because I've not seen them.
u cant generalise because none is better than the other, all we can say is that the two movies have different production values

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
She's not my mother (insert copius amounts of teen angst and surl), Todd *sneer*.

kneel before the glory of the fire mullet

u cant generalise because none is better than the other, all we can say is that the two movies have different production values
What are you talking about and why did you single out HK's post in a thread full of people picking one over the other?

I go back and forth right now i'd say The Terminator is better but i can't i can only say that they have different production values.

Both are great but I have to say T2 has the edge. More intense, more action and a story with greater depth. The ending was also very emotional. And not to forget, Sarah Conner was BADASS. Sort of reminded me of the character of 'Ellen Ripley' from Alien.
More action, sure. But more depth and intensity? I think the first film holds that trophy.

For me, the ending of T1 was more emotional. Sarah is better as a regular person, makes it more frightening.

I can't generalise? Of course I can. It's what I do. Though that is a generalisation, of course.

cameron did very well with a limited budget t1 (poorly lit movies help hid poor and cheaper effects) But he did even better with a massive t2 budget. t2 is the best high volume high budget action that has only recently been approached by fury road. He escalated and committed to the universe. I love how badass his mother became as a results ofthe first Terminator movie. There are no babes in t2, that's hugely ahead of it's time. It's too bad he sold out for safe endless sequel money mills like avatar. We lost one of the greats.

Hm.

The first Terminator was mistake free, flawless. The simplicity, and creativity of the storyline matched with pacing never before seen in Hollywood by James Cameron.

Terminator 2 was longer, but had flaws. Edward Furlong immediately jumped out to me as a flaw even on my first viewing of the film. Linda Hamiltons buff physique made up for it though. The action scenes were larger, the intensity was greater, yeah there were some mistakes unlike the first one, but enough good to make a stronger, longer impression. So I say T2.

imo

for me no matter how many times i rewatch both films thry are a joy to watch, because everything clicks in these 2 films, it just gives u that appeal to watch when u see the movie running

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Both are really good but I think I prefer the second slightly, but only slightly. I like how in the second, The Terminator became a more original character with a more of a character arc. I agree that the first one has more of a mystery suspense qaulity but I guess I just like the character arc in the second one slightly better.

The second one is a fun action movie with big explosions and cool scenes. The first is a master work of film making with action elements in it. I like them both but the second one can not even come close to the first. Its brilliant for its cinematic elements, for the wonderful character development we get and for the super clever create-your-own-fate logic it weaves together through the story line in such a perfect way. There are scenes it in that to this day give me chills rewatching them. Simple actions films generally dont do that.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I thought the second one still has just as much of a story to tell though if not more. We learn a lot more about Skynet and what exactly is going on, and we learn how a robotic Terminator can be developed as a character, rather than simply be a killing machine, so I felt the second still had just as much story work to offer, as the first, if not more.

But the second one over half an hour longer I think so it has more time for action as well, but I think there is still just as much story and plot in it, run time wise.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
The second one is a fun action movie with big explosions and cool scenes. The first is a master work of film making with action elements in it. I like them both but the second one can not even come close to the first. Its brilliant for its cinematic elements, for the wonderful character development we get and for the super clever create-your-own-fate logic it weaves together through the story line in such a perfect way. There are scenes it in that to this day give me chills rewatching them. Simple actions films generally dont do that.

I agree. The first just seemed so innovative at the time. Fantastic fun! Just an all round together movie. I wish I had seen that on the big screen.

I'd rank them as:

T2
T
Salvation
TV Series
Genisys
T3

IMDb has them rated in this order:

T2
T

TV Series
Salvation
Genisys
T3
Someone should really make a thread and name it "T3 or Genisys".

How can anything be worse than Genisys is beyond my understanding...