Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
The Good Thief (2002, multiple rewatch)
+

I know it's not perfect, a lot of mumbling from Nolte, but, I really like this movie.

- F*cking spiders made it all go boom.
- Boom, huh?
- Boom, f*cking boom!
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	boom.png
Views:	480
Size:	235.3 KB
ID:	28477  

Murder By Natural Causes (1979)

This obscure made-for-TV mystery/thriller, starring Hal Holbrook and Katherine Ross, holds shocking twists and turns that keep you on the edge of your seat. In short, the unfaithful wife of a famous mentalist with a heart problem wants her outside lover to kill her husband by scaring him to death, but the plan somehow gets foiled. The whole movie is available on youtube, if you can accept VHS quality. Definitely recommend. I'd like to hear anyone's thoughts who watches it

Note: The description box on youtube contains a spoiler, so either avoid reading it or watch it here.

Looper (2012)

Welcome to the human race...
I, Robot -

I think it's interesting how the only Alex Proyas that I straight-up hate is the only one that doesn't involve any sci-fi or fantasy.

Hugo (2011, Martin Scorsese)

A heart-warming, uplifting ode to cinema from Martin Scorsese. Beautifully shot and acted, it possesses that achingly bittersweet vibe that you just can't resist if you're in the right mood. I enjoyed it immensely.

MOONLIGHT
(2016)

A very well-acted and engaging drama that follows a troubled man's life in 3 stages; as a child, a teenager, and adult.

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

The Book of Love (2016)

Previously titled "The Devil & The Deep Blue Sea" (Honestly a much better title than what they eventually went with. "The Book of Love" doesn't really fit the film), I'm very conflicted with this film. I wanted to like it, but the bad outweighed the good. Jason Sudeikis & Jessica Biel lead the cast of this quirky drama with Maisie Williams in tow as well. I liked the characters & the story to an extent but my biggest problem with this film, is the acting. Jason Sudeikis, who I normally enjoy, just doesn't hit the right emotional notes in my opinion, and Maisie Williams...........listen, I love Maisie Williams okay? Arya Stark is one of my favorite characters in Game of Thrones, but she cannot do a southern accent to save her life. It was very cringe worthy at times, especially during the narrations & flashbacks she has throughout the film which I found to be very cheesy and unneeded as well (except the ones that were actually about her character). Maybe its just because I'm so use to hearing her normal British accent that it just didn't sound right but she also went in and out at times. I'm not faulting her or her acting ability because accents are a hard thing to nail for the best actors out there and it can take years of practice and from what I've heard this film has been in production hell since 2012 when Chloe Grace Moretz was originally gonna star in it and Williams probably got it sprung on her pretty quickly after Moretz ducked out. There's also a revelation towards the end of the film which I was fine with but again, the acting needs serious work. This movie had the groundwork to be a good film and there were "some" good emotional moments but most of them fall flat.

I just came back from seing Moonlight, I thought it was a really well made film, but I don't understand the 8,6/10 on IMDB or the oscar buzz, it's very good, but nothing extraordinary.

What do you guyz think?

Denial

An acclaimed writer and American historian must battle for historical truth to prove the Holocaust actually occurred when David Irving, a renowned denier, sues her for libel.

I liked Timothy Spall's portrayal of Irving and I always find this late blooming TV to film star a joy to watch but this movie was overall to me a bit dull and I read some reviews "despite the incredible true story the movie never finds it's feet".. actually I don't think the true story is very incredible and therein lies the problem, I struggled all the way through with this feeling and as a result nothing very extraordinary happens in the movie. Rachel Weisz's sentimentality and her willingness to remonstrate anybody who doesn't share in it I think was meant to be seen as courageous but in reality she's just irritating, you would think the holocaust was a personal slight on her that happened five minutes ago and not the tragedy that happened over 70 years before.. if you want to address anti-semitism, speak to the Israel hating left and their Muslim friends

2/5

Welcome to the human race...
You know it.

Rachel Weisz quite annoying in her sentimentality and her willingness to remonstrate anybody who doesn't share in it I think was meant to be seen as courageous but in reality she's just irritating, you would think the holocaust was a personal slight on her that happened five minutes ago and not the tragedy that happened over 70 years ago.. if you want to address anti-semitism, speak to the Israel hating left and their Muslim friends.