Can someone PLEASE HELP identify the movie from the box?

Tools    

My first guess was Drop Dead Fred. Except the spine of the VHS box I found online is white, not red. But if that Family Home Entertainment logo is the one you remember, that could help narrow the search.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Drop Dead Fred VHS Cover.jpg
Views:	605
Size:	401.8 KB
ID:	28459  
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The site that I pulled that cover from, there are scans of thousands of tapes. There is a search function. You can't do by color, but you can do case type, format (VHS), and by decade. It might take a good long while, but maybe just start scanning through there, see if anything jumps out at you? The only limitation being that movies often got more than one release on VHS if they stuck around long enough, so things like the spine color may vary even for the same title. Just going to be luck if either that site has captured the exact same edition you had or seeing something close clicks for you and you remember.

But we can't really remember for you.

http://vhscollector.com/artwork?fiel...age=100&page=2

How about Madeline? Did you only let him watch (or buy on tape, anyway) true children's movies, like for ages under ten, or did you occasionally do more young adult or teen oriented fare as well? Did you typically only do "boy" movies, or would something like Madeline be just as likely as anything else? I can make a list of children's movies from the mid '80s through the '90s, but it's gonna be long.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	madeline.jpg
Views:	451
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	28460  

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
City Slickers VHS spine design pattern is similar, minus the yellow letters. New Line is a strong possibility.

Andyco, you might be able to get an answer if you attach your photo in a different way that will render it larger.

Click the gear icon on the right side of your post and choose Edit, then click on the photo attachment paper clip icon and copy the URL and then paste that URL into the icon box that looks like a mountain with a orange sun, that will place your photo in your description and make it bigger and hopefully help us, to help you find your movie.

Yes, he is an adult.

Thanks I will try to make the photo bigger. City slickers was his favorite movie ever. I wonder if it's possible that there was a special edition that had yellow letter. He has several copies of city slickers but may be nostalgic about that particular box. You never know what's going on in the autistic brain. He carries the photo around with him all the time and has been pointing to that red tape for over two years. Return of Jafar is also similar he owns that one too but I'm pretty sure that's not the box as that was a Disney movie that came in the clamshell case.

I enlarged the photo. Of course now it more blurred.

Pulp Fiction!

Pulp Fiction or one of the Kill Bills

My nephew is autistic, and they can communicate.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
In the close-up, and the more I look at it, it looks more like a cream color. The slip case for City Slickers is glossy, it could be reflecting yellowish light. It really looks like the VHS of City Slickers to me, which I am holding in my hands for comparison.

Thank you Movie Max!!

In the picture if you look at the upper left corner the area behind Daniel Stern's hat the exposure of the trees is much lighter than the surrounding image. If you look closely at my picture you can see there is the same lighter exposure in the upper left-hand corner of the black box