RIP DEBBIE REYNOLDS

Tools    

RIP. It's very upsetting and this sort of thing happens a lot – something similar happened in my family this year.

Debbie Reynolds’ Last Words: ‘I Want to Be with Carrie,’ Son Says

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/cele...ays/ar-BBxFqyH

Everyone at Movie Forums should all make a point to watch Postcards from the Edge sometime soon. I heard it was a bio or loosely based off of Debbie Reynolds & Carrie Fisher.

Everyone at Movie Forums should all make a point to watch Postcards from the Edge sometime soon. I heard it was a bio or loosely based off of Debbie Reynolds & Carrie Fisher.
I would watch something else Carrie Fisher/Debbie Reynolds related, personally. Postcards made me shut off the movie after about 45 minutes or so. It was boring and going nowhere.

Although, I will say -- when I would find the time to luxuriate in Carrie Fisher's personal, biographical artistic offerings -- and I did so the other night with her Wishful Drinking comedy program, which I found on Youtube -- what I found most annoying about Carrie Fisher's act was this OBSESSION I felt she had with talking on and on about her mother, and all of her mother's divorce problems and such. I was like, ENOUGH ALREADY!

Now.... now seeing her mother die from heartbreak a day after Carrie's death.... I guess they really did have a strong bond. But in a way, it's still kinda annoying, because ENOUGH ALREADY! I feel sorry for Heaven, which will now be getting this annoying mother/daughter comedy routine. Forget halos, they need earplugs up there now.

Well, she outlived her daughter, but only by 24 hours...how bizarre. Another show biz legend has left us...

She made her film debut in The Daughter of Rosie O'Grady but made her first real impression in the 1950 MGM musical Three Little Words playing Helen Kane and dubbed by Kane herself:

She officially became a movie star with the classic Singin in the Rain...Gene Kelly ran her ragged learning this number and eventually had her taps dubbed in:

"A Kiss or Two" is from the 1955 musical Hit the Deck with Jane Powell, Tony Martin, Ann Miller, Vic Damone, and Russ Tamblyn, who is in this number:

Give a Girl a Break found her working with dance legend Bob Fosse in a number called United States:

She received her only Oscar nomination for The Unsinkable Molly Brown, this is one of the film's most famous numbers, "Belly Up to the Bar Boys":

Her other film credits include Athena, Two Weeks with Love, Bundle of Joy,The Gazebo, Mary, Mary, It Started with a Kiss, Goodbye Charlie, The Rat Race, The Singing Nun, and Divorce American Style. She also played Kevin Kline's mother in In & Out, Albert Brooks' mother in Mother and was pretty much unrecognizable as LIbreace's mother in Behind the Candelabra.

Her personal life gathered more than its share of attention as well...she became America's sweetheart when Elizabeth Taylor stole Eddie Fisher from her and she had a very troubled marriage to Harry Karl, but this woman was a performer, first and foremost, a star who embraced her celebrity and was always appreciative of it, even if there were sacrifices along the way...a genuine old fashioned movie star. RIP, Debbie, you've earned it.

...she became America's sweetheart when Elizabeth Taylor stole Eddie Fisher from her and she had a very troubled marriage to Harry Karl
This woman has been through Hell. I feel sorry for her. I cannot blame her for finally having enough of this sh*t when her daughter died.

She didn't drop dead, though, when she heard Trump became President. I'll have to use that as an excuse for why Trump isn't such a bad guy. Debbie Fisher could withstand that news, at least.

I would watch something else Carrie Fisher/Debbie Reynolds related, personally. Postcards made me shut off the movie after about 45 minutes or so. It was boring and going nowhere.

Carrie wrote the book on which the movie was based.

Carrie wrote the book on which the movie was based.
Yeah, I know. I've never read it. Maybe it's better than the movie.

You all remember her as the girl in Singin' in the Rain, but to me, she'll always be the grandma in Halloweentown. RIP.