Sade - 3

Duran Duran - 2
Percy Sledge - 3

FINALISTS:

SMOOTH OPERATOR
~ Sade

WHEN A MAN LOVES A WOMAN
~ Percy Sledge

Let's get this over with while people are around.
Mojo never minds if I take over in his absence.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Smooth.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	28014   Click image for larger version

Name:	Percy.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	335.7 KB
ID:	28015  

I've known those lyrics by heart for about 35 years. You could also say that it's about what she does to him. It's just how you decide to word it.
I wouldn't say it's about what she does, because it keeps saying "if" when it sings about what she may do. Everything it says about the man is certain.

I take it everyone except me (and probably Mojo) is voting for Percy Sledge?

'Cause that's what I assume.

Are you sure we shouldn't wait?
He wouldn't mind. He's let me do it before. Plus, I imagine you, Cricket and GBG will vote Percy.

I already recorded it in the official list that Percy won. If it doesn't go that way, I'll correct it.

I wouldn't say it's about what she does, because it keeps saying "if" when it sings about what she may do. Everything it says about the man is certain.
He wrote the song with Liz King in mind, his ex-girlfriend, and he altered some of the lyrics before finishing the song. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I think there's an argument for both sides, just like with the about her tournament winner, I'm On Fire. All I'm saying is that with theme tournaments, I like the nominations to be more clear cut and specific, otherwise they look just like regular tournaments. It's not your fault, or anybody's fault, just my preference. Either way, it's an all time great song.

He wrote the song with Liz King in mind, his ex-girlfriend, and he altered some of the lyrics before finishing the song. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I think there's an argument for both sides, just like with the about her tournament winner, I'm On Fire. All I'm saying is that with theme tournaments, I like the nominations to be more clear cut and specific, otherwise they look just like regular tournaments. It's not your fault, or anybody's fault, just my preference. Either way, it's an all time great song.
OK, I did not know that about the song. I asked opinions when I made my list, because I wondered about some of my other nominations. I deleted them, and I have them saved for my "Lovers" theme. I hope to snag the Valentine's Day spot.

He wouldn't mind. He's let me do it before. Plus, I imagine you, Cricket and GBG will vote Percy.
OK, I did not know that.

I'm surprised I got Cricket's vote. I wasn't sure about GBG.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

My nominations were all clear cut in both tournaments, and you still voted against almost every one of them.

Sade
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

I'm off to bed. Sexy, post the winner and runner up post once Destiny confirms her vote.
It's been fun hosting this tournament! Hope you all enjoyed it!