The Election News and Predictions Thread

Tools    

In the Beginning...
1,000 people at my school marched and blocked roads for miles because they were unhappy Trump won. The local high school walked out. Conservative speakers can't even come to campuses anymore since they're almost always heckled. God look at this safe space **** that coming across campuses.

I had an RA (resident adviser) and if we didn't refer to her as them, they, theirs- we could get written up. This is a mentally sick person, if she actually believes that using that as her "pronouns" is legitimate. And bullsh*t like this is getting emraced all around campuses.

It's not a false narrative Sleezy, it's special little snow flakes who can't hear another opinion.
You're describing a sample size of a few thousand people. There are millions of young people in this country. It's very dangerous to look at your immediate surroundings and assume that that's true of the entirety of the United States.

Yeah a few points:

- Having watched most of those videos, a lot of the comments are vicious or personal attacks, and some cross a line, but I do think the majority are not mysognistic or sexist. They are saying them because they hate those particular women, not women in general. The first is a comedy show though where you're supposed to cross the line and insult them.

- I don't know anything about Bill Maher, but again back to the KKK thing, why are we tarnishing one side with the actions of select individuals

- Even if they were sexist and misogynistic, and therefore being hypocritical in their criticism of Trump, it does not make any difference to whether Trump is sexist/misogynistic.
Even on the roast, telling someone to kill themselves is pretty far.

So if our standard is to be sexist it must be against women in general, not just a specific woman- that works for me. In fact I agee.

What has Trump said that suggests he believes the female half of the population is inferior? And if in your standard it is the p*ssy video, will you say Bill Clinton is also mysogonistic?

These videos just show the hypocrisy of other people calling Trump a sexist. I agree with you, I dont think either side is sexist. My point was that if Maher and others want to call Trump mysogonistic, then they have to realize that in their standard they are too

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Yes, they're hypocrites. They're awful, ignorant, and smug. That doesn't preclude Trump from being sexist/racist/whatever.
That reminds me of this cartoon...

I'm just using examples the Clinton campaign used all over their advertisements. I didn't take the p*ssy video literally. He tried to sleep with a married woman, ethically not right but not misogynistic. If there's evidence he actually does grope woman, than I could make an argument that he does not respect them absolutely.
Well I did take it more literally than you then, the fact that the tape doesn't seem to be much of an isolated incident, and there's a number of women who say he sexually insulted them, would be a big coincidence if everything was false. I think there's clear evidence of consistently misogynistic behaviour where he sees women as objects that is free to have control over.

But then Bill Clinton and Weiner are both sexists, by the same definition.
Don't know much about Weiner, but Bill Clinton might be, yes. When did I ever say he wasn't? How does the change the argument in any way.

But either wise it's just locker room talk.
Don't know what locker rooms you go in, if you think this language is acceptable even in a friendly environment.

He has objectified women in the past, but we all have.
Have we? And even so, these are just isolated incidents, it's again and again, and claims of sexual assault and mistreatment are everywhere.

As woman objectify men. If it's a girl saying I'll run up and grab him by his bulge, I wouldn't find that sexist either. If you do, you have a loser definition than I do.
Maybe some do. And yes, I would probably say that is sexism. Maybe I do have a "looser definition", but I would prefer to call it more respect for fellow human beings and their bodies.

As far as the c*nt comment, I know in the UK and Aussie it's used for both genders, maybe even more for your lads. But in the US it's generally used as a derogatory word for a woman. I'm not even arguing that its sexist to say, but it's much closer than what Trump has said
Yeah it's used for both genders over here, but it does have a female undertone, and it's not a word that I like to use or think should be used, but I would need to have more context and know more about the person who uses it to judge whether they're misogynistic overall. But even if Maher is, it doesn't make any difference to the argument I'm making that Trump is.

You're the one dragging race into it. Nothing about voter fraud, has any racial implication. Atleast I didn't think so, might say more about your sub conscious opinions.
I can't remember exactly, but at least in the way he talked, the language that he used to refer to groups of people seemed to indicate that he was targetting minorities in certain areas. Maybe he doesn't say it out right, but yes, I do think it was implied.

Sure it could've. But liberals mindlessly calling him and his supporters racists (Hillary Clintons word- half of them are deplorable) helped cause the unrest we're seeing now
I never called his supporters racist or deplorable. I am saying that the riots would have not happened had another Republican been nominated, and that it his more the vile language and actions of Trump in particular they are protesting.

You're describing a sample size of a few thousand people. There are millions of young people in this country. It's very dangerous to look at your immediate surroundings and assume that that's true of the entirety of the United States.
Yes but it's not a sample of 1000 from a million obviously, its from 30,000. But fine if you don't want just find it for yourself here you go:

https://onscenevideo.tv/ucsd-student...ght-on-camera/

There's countless more portests/riots going on. And just about every big campus has had one. It's not even anectodal evidence, it's just whats going on

Even on the roast, telling someone to kill themselves is pretty far.
I guess people have different barometers for acceptable comedy, I wouldn't be too bothered by a comment like that on a show like that. But yeah, even if people think it crossed the line, I don't think the comment was made that she should kill herself because she is a woman.

So if our standard is to be sexist it must be against women in general, not just a specific woman- that works for me. In fact I agee.
Yes I think people can make mistakes or can be casually sexist or misogynistic even if they mean well, and I don't think we should focus on isolated incidents and try to discredit good people because of small things. But I believe Trump has shown a consistent pattern of behaviour that suggests to me he views women as inferior to men, and treats them as such.

What has Trump said that suggests he believes the female half of the population is inferior? And if in your standard it is the p*ssy video, will you say Bill Clinton is also mysogonistic?
Yes that tape is a big one, but its backed up by other comments in which he seems to take enjoyment out of seeing women insulted, and people who say they were sexually insulted by him.

I don't know too much about Bill Clinton, certainly less than you Americans, but from what I do know I would say that yes he is, or at least was. I don't like him or Hillary Clinton, and from what I know about her actions in the aftermath, they were despicable too.

These videos just show the hypocrisy of other people calling Trump a sexist. I agree with you, I dont think either side is sexist. My point was that if Maher and others want to call Trump mysogonistic, then they have to realize that in their standard they are too
Maybe they are, I don't know too much about Maher, but again I reiterate that he is not representative of a massive group of people in any way.

Uh huh, utilize some of your free speech Steel and answer me this please
Hey Steel, congratulations, I believe you've been taken off "Ignore User". Yay! Happy for you, man.

Hey Steel, congratulations, I believe you've been taken off "Ignore User". Yay! Happy for you, man.
Youre off it too Slick. Only 6 accounts on it now which will never come off.

Youre off it too Slick. Only 6 accounts on it now which will never come off.
Thanks, I didn't like it there. You're often the life of the party here, so, I want to keep you interactive.

There are now so many news reports about anti-Trump "protesters" attacking people, assaulting police and committing vandalism that there is no way to keep up with them all. And now we find out that the same Hillary insiders who admitted to hiring "professional protesters" to create chaos at Trump rallies are still hiring them to take to the streets to fight police, harass the public, stop emergency vehicles from getting to injured people and committing vandalism & other crimes.
Wheres the link/proof for that?

^^^ 4th and last time Im reposting this. Dont send me another PM Steel going about how after all the good times weve shared how could I accuse you of being a Troll. As I said in response if anyone is gonna try and spread discord with lies, whatever their reasoning be it Troll or Trumpet thrall, I will react.....appropriately.

Theres been alot of "rabble rousing" and agitation spread by Nostro & Sexy who wont back up what they say. They twist it to a personal level and outright smear the administator & posters, that is a problem. So rather than answer me with proof showing youre not a liar, is your tact now that I have "it in for ya"?

Just please answer my question

Wheres the link/proof for that?

^^^ 4th and last time Im reposting this. Dont send me another PM Steel going about how after all the good times weve shared how could I accuse you of being a Troll. As I said in response if anyone is gonna try and spread discord with lies, whatever their reasoning be it Troll or Trumpet thrall, I will react.....appropriately.

Theres been alot of "rabble rousing" and agitation spread by Nostro & Sexy who wont back up what they say. They twist it to a personal level and outright smear the administator & posters, that is a problem. So rather than answer me with proof showing youre not a liar, is your tact now that I have "it in for ya"?

Just please answer my question
There have been reports that they are posting "job" ads for protesters on Craigslist.
http://theduran.com/anti-trump-prote...slist-reveals/

Supporting evidence that Hillary insiders were busted for doing it before and some think they are still at it:

http://abcnews.com.co/donald-trump-p...id-to-protest/

https://www.conservativereview.com/c...-trump-rallies

Thanks, I didn't like it there. You're often the life of the party here, so, I want to keep you interactive.
Well try this one, be more respectful of the feelings involved regarding this election and the citizens.

I know this is probably the most entertaining thing going drama wise, but to us it isnt just a "topic", yknow?!

Dan, Camo, Cobpyth, and other non-US citizens are involved talking about this. They arent "agitating" though, there is a difference.

This might help some people cope...
(Educational for both sides of the aisle)

Unfortunately this clip ends before Adam makes the point about how LBJ was as rude & crude as Trump, and far more bigoted, yet did more for the advancement of civil rights than any President since Lincoln.

There have been reports that they are posting "job" ads for protesters on Craigslist.
http://theduran.com/anti-trump-prote...slist-reveals/

Supporting evidence that Hillary insiders were busted for doing it before and some think they are still at it:

http://abcnews.com.co/donald-trump-p...id-to-protest/

https://www.conservativereview.com/c...-trump-rallies
The first links reputable, its from ABC news, and I found this bit

"“I knew those weren’t real protesters, they were too organized and smart,” said 59-year-old Tom Downey, a Trump supporter who attended the rally in Fountain Hills. “I knew there was something up when they started shouting all these facts and nonsense like that. The best we could do was just yell and punch em’ and stuff.” Downey continued, “I think we did a good job though. I was shouting at them the whole time, calling them losers, telling them to get a job or go back home to mommy’s house; I got a bunch of high-fives from my fellow Trump supporters. It was a great time.”

So please enough of the yarn about how all Trumpets are peaceful supporters

The second links is from the Conservative Review, propoganda toilet paper, NOT news.

Ive never even heard of the 3rd link "The Duran".

You were saying they were involved on the riots happening today Steel. Wheres the link for that? Let me save you the time, there isnt one because they arent.

Well try this one, be more respectful of the feelings involved regarding this election and the citizens.

I know this is probably the most entertaining thing going drama wise, but to us it isnt just a "topic", yknow?!

Dan, Camo, Cobpyth, and other non-US citizens are involved talking about this. They arent "agitating" though, there is a difference.
NO DEAL! Put me back on "Ignore User".

The first links reputable, its from ABC news, and I found this bit

"“I knew those weren’t real protesters, they were too organized and smart,” said 59-year-old Tom Downey, a Trump supporter who attended the rally in Fountain Hills. “I knew there was something up when they started shouting all these facts and nonsense like that. The best we could do was just yell and punch em’ and stuff.” Downey continued, “I think we did a good job though. I was shouting at them the whole time, calling them losers, telling them to get a job or go back home to mommy’s house; I got a bunch of high-fives from my fellow Trump supporters. It was a great time.”

So please enough of the yarn about how all Trumpets are peaceful supporters

The second links is from the Conservative Review, propoganda toilet paper, NOT news.

Ive never even heard of the 3rd link "The Duran".

You were saying they were involved on the riots happening today Steel. Wheres the link for that? Let me save you the time, there isnt one because they arent.

"the riots happening today"

That's the issue. Nothing has happened that warrants such behavior.

I've never claimed all Trump supporters are peaceful, just made the point that there's never been this type of reaction at such a level before by Republicans when their candidate lost.

And as I said, if people want to protest peacefully, that's fine. But when they start interfering with people's access to their jobs, keeping emergency vehicles from responding, beating people, attacking police, shooting at people - that's when a line's been crossed.

"the riots happening today"

That's the issue. Nothing has happened that warrants such behavior.

I've never claimed all Trump supporters are peaceful, just made the point that there's never been this type of reaction at such a level before by Republicans when their candidate lost.

And as I said, if people want to protest peacefully, that's fine. But when they start interfering with people's access to their jobs, keeping emergency vehicles from responding, beating people, attacking police, shooting at people - that's when a line's been crossed.
Im not justifying the riots, I was centering on the fact that you labeled them Clinton Supporters, and said Clinton rabble rousers were behind all this.

Both sides need to stop demonizing the other.

Im not justifying the riots, I was centering on the fact that you labeled them Clinton Supporters, and said Clinton rabble rousers were behind all this.

Both sides need to stop demonizing the other.

I respect that, and a couple days back I posted on this thread somewhat of a retraction of the term "Clinton Supporters" for the sake of accuracy - by acknowledging that there is always a criminal element of society that will take advantage of large public displays by using them as an excuse for vandalism and violence.

And I saw, among the protesters, that some were former Bernie supporters, but protesting against Trump.

So, from now on I'll refer to the protesters as "anti-Trump protesters" and the rioters who claim their criminal acts and rioting is their way of showing their anti-Trump sentiments as "anti-Trump rioters & criminals."

I respect that, and a couple days back I posted on this thread somewhat of a retraction of the term "Clinton Supporters" for the sake of accuracy - by acknowledging that there is always a criminal element of society that will take advantage of large public displays by using them as an excuse for vandalism and violence.

And I saw, among the protesters, that some were former Bernie supporters, but protesting against Trump.

So, from now on I'll refer to the protesters as "anti-Trump protesters" and the rioters who claim their criminal acts and rioting is their way of showing their anti-Trump sentiments as "anti-Trump rioters & criminals."
Why label them at all?! Once a riot breaks out society is shot, we both know once the rioters get going that both parties have offenders involved. I advocated the protests, but not rioting. Because Im anti-rioting makes me pro-Trump? Hell naw, and the reverse is the same.

What has Trump said publicly, or done to calm the riots? Oh, he did a Tweet.

Going forward give the same critical eye to Trump as you have previous Presidents. On the flipside we have to give him a chance, we cant be self-destructive.

What has Trump said publicly, or done to calm the riots? Oh, he did a Tweet.
I'm not sure I understand this complaint: he's supposed to calm the riots that are happening against him? I've heard it suggested that leaders have an obligation to try to calm their own supporters down, but never the opposite.