Donald Trump for President?

Tools    

Trump's 'Voter Suppression Operation' Targets Black Voters

It would be unfair to call Donald Trump’s interaction with black voters a love-hate relationship, since there’s little evidence of African American enthusiasm for Trump. But the Republican campaign has pursued a Janus-like strategy on black voters—ostensibly courting them in public while privately seeking to depress turnout.

This tension is on display in the last 24 hours. On Wednesday, Trump delivered a speech in Charlotte, North Carolina, advertised as an “urban renewal agenda for America’s inner cities.” Trump told the audience, “It is my highest and greatest hope that the Republican Party can be the home in the future and forevermore for African Americans and the African American vote because I will produce, and I will get others to produce, and we know for a fact it doesn’t work with the Democrats and it certainly doesn’t work with Hillary.”

Yet on Thursday, BusinessWeek published a big cover story, based on exclusive access to the campaign, that revealed that Trump’s team has decided that winning over black voters is a lost cause:

Instead of expanding the electorate, [campaign chairman Steve] Bannon and his team are trying to shrink it. “We have three major voter suppression operations under way,” says a senior official. They’re aimed at three groups Clinton needs to win overwhelmingly: idealistic white liberals, young women, and African Americans.

The reporters, Joshua Green and Sasha Issenberg, offer some more detail on what that looks like:

On Oct. 24, Trump’s team began placing spots on select African American radio stations. In San Antonio, a young staffer showed off a South Park-style animation he’d created of Clinton delivering the “super predator” line (using audio from her original 1996 sound bite), as cartoon text popped up around her: “Hillary Thinks African Americans are Super Predators.” The animation will be delivered to certain African American voters through Facebook “dark posts”—nonpublic posts whose viewership the campaign controls so that, as [campaign digital guru Brad] Parscale puts it, “only the people we want to see it, see it.” The aim is to depress Clinton’s vote total. “We know because we’ve modeled this,” says the official. “It will dramatically affect her ability to turn these people out.”

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...NRR?li=BBnb7Kz

‘This Changes Everything’: Donald Trump Exults as Hillary Clinton’s Team Scrambles

Everything was looking up for Hillary Clinton. She was riding high in the polls, even seeing an improvement on trustworthiness. She was sitting on $153 million in cash. At 12:37 p.m. Friday, her campaign announced that she planned to campaign in Arizona, a state a Democratic presidential candidate has carried only once since 1948.

Twenty minutes later, October delivered its latest big surprise.

The F.B.I. director’s disclosure to Congress that agents would be reviewing a new trove of emails that appeared pertinent to its investigation into Mrs. Clinton’s private email server — an investigation that had been declared closed — set off a frantic and alarmed scramble inside Mrs. Clinton’s campaign and among her Democratic allies, while Republicans raced to seize the advantage.

In the kind of potential turnabout rarely if ever seen at this late stage of a presidential race, Donald J. Trump exulted in his good fortune. “I think it’s the biggest story since Watergate,” he said in a brief interview, adding, “I think this changes everything.”

He promised to batter Mrs. Clinton as a criminal in the race’s final week and a half. And Republican House and Senate candidates gleefully demanded to know whether their Democratic opponents were sticking by Mrs. Clinton.

Inside Mrs. Clinton’s campaign, advisers spent much of the day trying to gather information about what email kept by her closest aide, Huma Abedin, could have triggered the F.B.I.’s new interest, and to respond effectively to neutralize any new threat from Mr. Trump.

Late Friday, Mrs. Clinton herself said in Des Moines that the American people “deserve to get the full and complete facts,” demanding that the F.B.I.’s director, James B. Comey Jr., “release all the information that it has.”

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...RJv?li=BBnb7Kz

Trumps last chance...

Trump's daughter-in-law: Trump forced FBI's hand

Donald Trump's daughter-in-law said the GOP nominee forced the FBI's hand after the bureau announced it was examining newly uncovered emails in Hillary Clinton's email server investigation.

"I think my father-in-law forced their hand in this," Lara Trump said in an interview with Rita Cosby on WABC radio. "You know, he has been the one since the beginning saying that she shouldn't be able to run for president, and I commend him on that."

"And I think if he had not put that pressure on, I don't even know if we would be seeing this happening right now."

On Friday, FBI Director James Comey revealed in a letter to lawmakers that the bureau had uncovered additional emails that are likely pertinent to its investigation into Clinton's private email server and said the agency would take the proper

Lara Trump called the new information the "nail in the coffin" for the former secretary of State.

"I just think she's had a big problem on her hands, and this is going to be, you know, the nail in the coffin as far as I'm concerned," she said.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...EYl?li=BBnb7Kz

A complete pig of a person...the article also goes on to say how he has said countless times hes giving to a charity, but theres no record of it.

Trump boasts about his philanthropy. But his giving falls short of his words.

In the fall of 1996, a charity called the Association to Benefit Children held a ribbon-cutting in Manhattan for a new nursery school serving children with AIDS. The bold-faced names took seats up front.

There was then-Mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani (R) and former mayor David Dinkins (D). TV stars Frank and Kathie Lee Gifford, who were major donors. And there was a seat saved for Steven Fisher, a developer who had given generously to build the nursery.

Then, all of a sudden, there was Donald Trump.

“Nobody knew he was coming,” said Abigail Disney, another donor sitting on the dais. “There’s this kind of ruckus at the door, and I don’t know what was going on, and in comes Donald Trump. [He] just gets up on the podium and sits down.”

Trump was not a major donor. He was not a donor, period. He’d never given a dollar to the nursery or the Association to Benefit Children, according to Gretchen Buchenholz, the charity’s executive director then and now.

But now he was sitting in Fisher’s seat, next to Giuliani.

“Frank Gifford turned to me and said, ‘Why is he here?’ ” Buchenholz recalled recently. By then, the ceremony had begun. There was nothing to do.

“Just sing past it,” she recalled Gifford telling her.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...zpL?li=BBnb7Kz

In a truly stunning display of ignorance, Sarah Silverman appeared on 'The New Yorker' podcast, claimed to be "frightened" by American Nationalism, mocked the United States, offered several nonsensical 'attacks' of Donald Trump, which mostly centered around the fact that supporters chant 'USA', and finished by demanding that the country she just mocked continue to give her country 3.15-billion dollars/year...

"But that USA's #1, USA's #1 kind of fervor is uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, it's so scary and it come to it's like a it's really my favorite combination in comedy arrogant/ignorance" ~Sarah Silverman

(As a typically 'tolerant' Leftist, Silverman is photographed above preparing for a minstrel show)

The 'arrogan(ce) (and) ignorance" encapsulated in these statements is truly stunning, but in no way atypical of most of Donald Trump's opponents....
We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force. ~Ayn Rand

Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis!!! Si vis pacem, para bellum!!!

Oh, DAnconiaLeads going out of his way to be annoying again without actually doing something banworthy. What a winner in life

...Sarah Silverman appeared on 'The New Yorker' podcast, claimed to be "frightened" by American Nationalism, mocked the United States... and finished by demanding that the country she just mocked continue to give her country 3.15-billion dollars/year...
Sarah Silverman IS an American. Don't think we are dumb and don't know what you meant by 'continue to give her country 3.15-billion dollars'. Sounds like you and the ex-MoFo Slob, have a lot in common.

It's inadvertently revealing: instead of defending Trump, he just complains about how much he dislikes the people who dislike him.

This is a trap I've seen too many of my fellow conservatives fall into: "liking" someone just because they're hated by the right people. Rather than, you know, liking someone because they hold (and have fought for) conservative ideas.

Post-ABC poll finds tight presidential race, with mixed reaction to FBI’s review of Clinton emails

Republicans' growing unity behind Donald Trump has helped pull him just one percentage point below Hillary Clinton and placed GOP leaders who resist him in a vulnerable position, according to the latest Washington Post-ABC News Tracking Poll.

A majority of all likely voters say they are unmoved by the FBI's announcement Friday that it may review additional emails from Clinton's time as secretary of state. Just over 6 in 10 voters say the news will make no difference in their vote, while just over 3 in 10 say it makes them less likely to support her; 2 percent say they're more likely to back her as a result.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...wls?li=BBnb7Kz

Harry Reid: FBI Director's 'Partisan Actions' May Violate Federal Law

Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid said FBI Director James Comey may have violated a federal law when he disclosed, less than two weeks before the presidential election, that his office was pursuing potential new evidence related to Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server as secretary of state.

Mr. Reid was preparing to send a letter to Mr. Comey on Sunday saying he appears to be aiding one political party over another. He said that may violate the Hatch Act, which bars government officials from using their position to influence an election.

“I am writing to inform you that my office has determined that these actions may violate the Hatch Act,” the Senate minority leader wrote, according to a draft of the letter provided to The Wall Street Journal. “Through your partisan actions, you may have broken the law.”

A spokesman for the Federal Bureau of Investigation didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.

The opinion from Mr. Reid, a supporter of Mrs. Clinton, carries more political weight than legal significance and comes as Democrats aim to circle the wagons around their presidential nominee in the final days of the campaign.

U.S. Rep. Jason Chaffetz, the Republican chairman of House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, disputed that Mr. Comey's actions were partisan.

"Director Comey is updating his previous testimony, and he should do that," Mr. Chaffetz said in an interview on Sunday. "Hillary Clinton can only blame herself for this mess. She created this problem, not Director Comey."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...Jt3?li=BBnb7Kz

This is my favorite thing about politics. *sarcasm* When Comey didn't indict he was in the bag for the Dems. Now he is being accused of siding with the Republicans. Same with all the Wikileaks nonsense. Conservative news hated them a couple years ago. Now they report everything they are leaking because it suits there interest.

Seriously, if there is ever a politician that shows any nuance in their thinking I will sprint to vote.

Oh if these emails are nothing, and they do nothing to her, oh the wail which will come from the Trump camp! Like an undying banshee we'll never hear the end of. They will cry conspiracy!

You can't make up how comical this stuff is. In a movie it would seem ridiculous. Yet, people on the left will be yelling, "no this is different, and here is why, blah blah blah".

I think I have mentioned it in the political threads before, infinitely frustrating.

Welcome to the human race...
It's inadvertently revealing: instead of defending Trump, he just complains about how much he dislikes the people who dislike him.

This is a trap I've seen too many of my fellow conservatives fall into: "liking" someone just because they're hated by the right people. Rather than, you know, liking someone because they hold (and have fought for) conservative ideas.
What gets me is that it's coming from the person responsible for starting the Halloween costume thread - it reminds me of Trump saying that he'd defend LGBTQ folks from "foreign ideology" in the aftermath of the Orlando shooting even though his choice of running mate would indicate no such concern when it comes to domestic ideology. Besides, Silverman has since expressed regret over the joke rather than attempted to justify it even within its original context, which is worth some consideration.

What gets me is that it's coming from the person responsible for starting the Halloween costume thread - it reminds me of Trump saying that he'd defend LGBTQ folks from "foreign ideology" in the aftermath of the Orlando shooting even though his choice of running mate would indicate no such concern when it comes to domestic ideology. Besides, Silverman has since expressed regret over the joke rather than attempted to justify it even within its original context, which is worth some consideration.
That's comparing some mighty big apples to some small oranges.

The "foreign ideology" - a.k.a. Radical Islam - wants homosexuals executed. And in certain parts of the world, Fundamentalist Islam is in the act of murdering gays as we speak. In Islamic theocracies such as Iran, murdering homosexuals, not for any crime, but for their sexual orientation is state policy and part of their judicial system that incorporates Sharia law.

The "domestic ideology" - which seems to refer to Pence's view on "praying the gay away" (if I'm reading between the lines correctly) - may indeed be entirely misguided. But the intention behind it is to help people desiring help, not to murder them because they are different from some prescribed norm and are not part of a fascist political ideology that couches itself in religion.

Mass murder of innocent people vs. misguided therapies intended to help people who feel they need help = big BIG difference.

Welcome to the human race...
That's comparing some mighty big apples to some small oranges.

The "foreign ideology" - a.k.a. Radical Islam - wants homosexuals executed. And in certain parts of the world, Fundamentalist Islam is in the act of murdering gays as we speak. In Islamic theocracies such as Iran, murdering homosexuals, not for any crime, but for their sexual orientation is state policy and part of their judicial system that incorporates Sharia law.

The "domestic ideology" - which seems to refer to Pence's view on "praying the gay away" (if I'm reading between the lines correctly) - may indeed be entirely misguided. But the intention behind it is to help people desiring help, not to murder them because they are different from some prescribed norm and are not part of a fascist political ideology that couches itself in religion.

Mass murder of innocent people vs. misguided therapies intended to help people who feel they need help = big BIG difference.
Is it that big a difference, though? Conversion therapy may technically be the lesser of two evils when compared against state-sanctioned murder, but that doesn't mean you can downplay it as being an example of misguided good intentions either. Referring to it as "praying the gay away" should indicate how much of it is rooted in religious conservatism anyway (albeit of a Christian nature instead of Islamic), plus there's your assumption that it's only for people who actively want to be helped. Leaving aside how this line of thinking defines being gay as a problem that can be solved (which is already a red flag), there's also the assumption that everyone who goes through conversion therapy is doing so of their own free will, thus disregarding those who are made to go through with it (such as children and teenagers who are signed up by concerned parents and guardians). The stats indicate that conversion therapy tends to have a debilitating effect on gay youths' psychological well-being, putting them at risk when it comes to developing mental illness, addictions, or even committing suicide. The phrase "killing with kindness" comes to mind, and just because the deaths aren't being directly caused by jihadist death squads doesn't mean that they can be considered acceptable losses.