Silent Film Era Hall of Fame

Tools    

Care for some gopher?
You guys don't believe in Love Conquers All or even Love Conquers Lust, huh?
He was actively trying to kill her. So, in this case, definitely no.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
He was temporarily possessed by Lust but then exorcised by Love at the church during the wedding, but I don't care.

I mentioned that in my write-up as well. It wasn't just that he intended to murder her, but he also was messing around with another woman. In my life, those would be two unforgivable sins forever, nevermind the same day. I pretty much didn't let it bother me, but I also wonder if it should be considered a flaw in the movie.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
TCM just had The Wizard of Oz (1925) on the other night and I got a chance to watch it, thought it was great, this is only the second silent film I have seen, the first being Metropolis. This version of Oz was great with the slapstick comedy and Oliver Hardy being in the cast, definitely the oldest movie I have seen him in. Would recommend this to anyone.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Oh yeah and I'm not a participant in this and the movie is not listed, just thought I'd post it here anyways, hope no one is mad about the post.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
Sorry again for not being around like I should've been, but I just have too many things (things that are constantly unexpected) going on right now that keep taking up my time. I really do apologize.

On top of that I am having computer issues again. I turned it on the other day just to quickly look something up and it has now been updating for the past 4 days.

I had every intention of posting my reviews this week but I can't get to them. I hope the updating will be finished by the end of this weekend (although with the way things are going, I suppose I should be realistic and say that I am hoping they will be finished by the end of next week! ).

Truth be told, I am actually doing all of this from the library (and this guy across from me is laughing so hard at whatever he is looking at - I really want to go over there and see what it is because I don't see how anything could be that funny ).

Anyway, I have updated the list of reviews. Please take a look to see if any review of yours is missing. I am probably wrong, but when I look at the list, something seems incomplete to me.

If anyone needs an extension on the deadline, please let me know.

Since it is October, the library is open on Sundays now. So if my computer is still updating (which, unfortunately, I am assuming it will be), I will try to get here tomorrow to see what you guys say about the extension and reviews.

But seriously, I would LOVE to switch back from Windows 10 to Windows 8 - if anyone knows how I could possibly do that, I would love to know because 10 has done nothing but aggravate me.

You guys don't believe in Love Conquers All or even Love Conquers Lust, huh?
Not really. But I will save any more opinions for my review.

TCM just had The Wizard of Oz (1925) on the other night and I got a chance to watch it, thought it was great, this is only the second silent film I have seen, the first being Metropolis. This version of Oz was great with the slapstick comedy and Oliver Hardy being in the cast, definitely the oldest movie I have seen him in. Would recommend this to anyone.
I was going to watch this the other night. I have never gotten a chance to see it in all these years, but I completely forgot to do so. Although I did watch "The Phantom of the Opera" last night. I absolutely love that film.

OK. Here is the deal with the deadline. I was asked about possibly extending the deadline (but this person is still hoping to be finished by the the 15th). So rather than waiting to see if everyone is finished by the 15th and then adding an extension, I am just going to add the extension.

I will add 2 weeks onto it. So, to give everyone a date that can be remembered, the new deadline will be October 31st.

I know Swan has a couple to watch and so does rauldc. I will see how Destiny is coming along, too.

This deadline should be able to help people out so that they don't feel they have to rush to get the films watched by Saturday.

But, of course, if everyone gets their lists in before then, that's great. But with this new deadline, anyone who still has a few to watch shouldn't feel that have to rush it this week.

I hope this decision is OK with everyone else in this HoF. If you have any objections, just let me know, but I think this is a good plan.

I have to say I really enjoyed this Hof and watching these silent classics!
You know what? I actually have a list of possible nominations if a silent HoF should ever happen again.

You know what? I actually have a list of possible nominations if a silent HoF should ever happen again.
I'm counting on another silent HoF! I knew I enjoyed silent films, but I didn't really realize just how much I did enjoy them until this HoF. I've got a list of possibles too

Care for some gopher?
I'm fine with the extension. I decided not to rewatch Diary of a Lost Girl, it's only been a couple of months since i've seen it, that means i'm done. Since this is my first HoF: How does the rating work? Like in the countdowns, just a ranked list or with points out of five/ten?

I'm definitely in for a second silent film HoF (although not too soon).

...Since this is my first HoF: How does the rating work? Like in the countdowns, just a ranked list or with points out of five/ten?

Max, when you send in your voting list, you rank the movies from 1 to 7... with 1 being your favorite movie, on down to 7 which is your least favorite of the bunch. You don't give the films any points, just the ranked list.

My computer is finally working again! I shouldn't get too happy. I might jinx myself!

No, I wouldn't plan on another one any time soon. There are some other HoF's lined up right now (i.e. Animation), and there are others that are possibly going to happen, too. So when it would happen again would be awhile from now, anyway. But it is great to hear that people would want to join another one!