The one movie that you love to recommend

Tools    

Hi everyone. Tonight I have this question for you : what is the one movie that you love to recommend ?

It might not be your favorite movie of all times (what does it even mean, anyway), or a movie that is so likeable that you can safely recommend it to everybody you know. It may not even be a good movie!
What I'm looking for is a movie that you like to talk about and recommend to people. A film that resonates with you and that you like to share with the people that you like.

So, what is it ?

If I have to pick one, I'd say I love to recommend Werner Herzog's Into the Abyss.

I love to talk about the Nietzsche reference in the title, and how it resonates with Herzog's filmography (When you look too long into the Abyss, the Abyss looks right back at you). Then, typically, I would tell people about the interview with the priest, and how Herzog is capable of cracking him open after only a few minutes. I would explain the humanity that transpires in all the film, and the subtle politics of it, and the systematic telling of how so many lives were destroyed by the young criminal's actions.

It's not my favourite movie, and not even my favourite Herzog movie, but it's the one I like talking about the most. Just writing about it in those simplistic terms gives me pleasure.

I haven't really seen any of Herzog's non-Kinski films but I hope to at some stage.

I think I recommend The Lives of Others quite a lot, so I'll go for that.

this is the title I will be pleased to recommend
a musical adult cynic version of a very popular tale of all ages
Kristine de bell is a nice surprise here
the uncensored version is a must to have in a video collection.

Australian movies

Strictly Ballroom

Rabbit Proof Fence

Priscilla Queen of the Desert