Explain Your Avatar

Tools    

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?

James Gandolfini is one of my favorite actors, and The Sopranos is in my top 5 shows ever, with Tony Soprano being at the top of my list for characters from any genre of TV show. He's calm and calculating, but when something rubs him wrong, look the F&*K out. Such a well acted character that it really absorbs you into the story. In terms of fictional mafioso's, he's on a very small list of "Best" as far as i'm concerned

Mumm-ra from ThunderCats. Can't find the original image URL but I had this on my computer in my Pictures folder.

I changed my avatar because I nominated my favorite pop song Miley Cyrus "Wrecking Ball" for one of song tournaments months ago. I think it's swell she poses naked in her video. But besides that, it's one of the best videos ever. Swaying on a chained ball and demolishing walls is so neat. So yeah, I love everything about it. Who could have thunk to wear shoes and nothing else, oh my...

Christopher Reeve as Superman.

I've been a comic book geek since I was 10.
Superman (1978) was my favorite movie when I was a kid - not hard to imagine why since comic books turned into major motion pictures was not a "thing" at that time. This level of film making for a comic book superhero character, with a young, unknown actor in the lead role was unprecedented!
It's the only movie I ever went to see with just me and my dad.
The avatar is a memorial to the late Chris Reeve and his most memorable role.

I changed my avatar because I nominated my favorite pop song Miley Cyrus "Wrecking Ball" for one of song tournaments months ago. I think it's swell she poses naked in her video. But besides that, it's one of the best videos ever. Swaying on a chained ball and demolishing walls is so neat. So yeah, I love everything about it. Who could have thunk to wear shoes and nothing else, oh my...
I can't stop listening to The Climb, it's lyrics are a really good metaphor of life too

Rodent made this for me. I literally received it from him exactly at the same time a critical moment in a Survivor game occured. I feel there must be some fatalistic significance to that. Also imo I think its the best av on the site. Thanks again Rodent!

Christopher Reeve as Superman.

I've been a comic book geek since I was 10.
Superman (1978) was my favorite movie when I was a kid - not hard to imagine why since comic books turned into major motion pictures was not a "thing" at that time. This level of film making for a comic book superhero character, with a young, unknown actor in the lead role was unprecedented!
It's the only movie I ever went to see with just me and my dad.
The avatar is a memorial to the late Chris Reeve and his most memorable role.
My Mom had a strong crush on Chris Reeve as Superman. On a whim we went to a wax museum when I was a kid and just had a couple pics left on the film. His was the wax figure she got a photo with. (I chose Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid.)

Mine is of course Michael Myers unmasked from the original Halloween when he was simply "the shape"... before Rob Zombie decided to turn him into some hairy arse rocker looking clone of himself and give him a long freaking back story

My current one is a screencap of the Cyclops from Ulysses 31. In that version of the story it's a giant robot and, as in the myth, Ulysses's killing of the creature condemns him to wander and never return home.

It's a nice, stark colourful picture and it goes well against the background of the site. I quite like it being eye-related – when I joined I was using a shot of the Huntsman from The Company of Wolves, which is where "seeing is believing" is quoted from.

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
Alucard from Hellsing Ultimate. Was asked to find an avatar a few days after I joined, took a look around my imediate surroundings and saw the anime series I just finished and really enjoyed. Started searching and found this really nice, oil-painting looking shot of him without his hat so you could actually see his face. A bit detailed for the size of an avatar maybe, but I liked it.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
My name on this forum is Hitchcockian, so I have an avatar of Alfred Hitchcock with a gun.

I almost changed my avatar recently to a Hitchcock avatar, but I didn't like the way the picture looked when it shrunk down to the smaller size for the avatar, so I decided against it.

So I changed it to this blue rose avatar instead because of the mood I was in at the time, and it was supposed to just be a temporary "filler" avatar for a day or two until I decided what to change it to, but I got several comments and PMs telling me that they liked it, so I'll probably stick with the blue rose for a while.

I almost changed my avatar recently to a Hitchcock avatar, but I didn't like the way the picture looked when it shrunk down to the smaller size for the avatar, so I decided against it.

So I changed it to this blue rose avatar instead because of the mood I was in at the time, and it was supposed to just be a temporary "filler" avatar for a day or two until I decided what to change it to, but I got several comments and PMs telling me that they liked it, so I'll probably stick with the blue rose for a while.
If you made your next one from House of a 1000 Corpses, people would flip!

Mario Stalin. I was reading a bunch about Stalins Russia and somehow i came across the picture. I jokingly said in some thread that someone should use it as an avatar and SC made it into one so i ended up using it myself. Only Daniel has told me he liked it

Changing it soon i think.

my avtar is centaur .

from wikipedia---

A centaur, or occasionally hippocentaur, is a mythological creature with the upper body of a human and the lower body of a horse. The centaurs were usually said to have been born of Ixion and Nephele.

i had used it on another forum where my ID was centaur .

interestingly , the word 'avtar' comes from hindu mythology . avtar means human manifestation of god . when evil rises too much on earth , god comes on earth in human form ( avtar ) to cleanse it by fighting the evil people .

Bank robbery Joker what more need said…