The Halloween Horror Challenge

Tools    

You must complete the following tasks during the 31 days of October! If you can, try and pick films you haven't seen before.

They can be a watched in any order, just state the task number and post a little write up about the film in the thread. Good luck!

Task #1: A body horror movie.
Task #2: A movie featuring a killer crocodile or alligator.
Task #3: A movie where the protagonist or good guy dies.
Task #4: A movie featuring vampires.
Task #5: A teen horror.
Task #6: A 70's horror.
Task #7: A black and white horror film.
Task #8: A Guillermo del Toro movie.
Task #9: A horror film based in a book.
Task #10: A movie featuring Werewolves.
Task #11: A film featuring a serial killer.
Task #12: A epidemic infection or disease movie.
Task #13: A movie featuring evil dolls or puppets.
Task #14: A horror movie blended with comedy.
Task #15: A film featuring zombies.
Task #16: A John Carpenter movie.
Task #17: A movie featuring witches.
Task #18: A horror remake.
Task #19: A horror anthology movie.
Task #20: A movie featuring a creepy clown (or clowns)
Task #21: A horror movie that has been banned in any country.
Task #22: A movie featuring a monster.
Task #23: A 90's Sci-fi Horror
Task #24: A horror movie made in this decade.
Task #25: A foreign horror movie.
Task #26: A horror movie with mostly bad reviews.
Task #27: A horror B movie.
Task #28: A found footage film.
Task #29: A home invasion horror.
Task #30: A Wes Craven movie.
Task #31: A haunted house movie.

I'll try to do some of them and will take part in the thread. No way am i trying to do them all though, i love horror but i'd get sick of it pretty quickly. Any of our bigger horror fans got any less obvious suggestions they want to throw out?

Its 2 years old and very badly written but this could help some for task 29...

http://www.tasteofcinema.com/2014/20...vasion-movies/

As well as Angst (1983) - a firm favourite of Cricket. highly recommended!
Just glanced through that. Been on a Hitchcock kick so i might watch Sorry, Wrong Number from that list which is described as very Hitchcockian.

Unregistered User
Just glanced through that. Been on a Hitchcock kick so i might watch Sorry, Wrong Number from that list which is described as very Hitchcockian.
I wrote it Camo so you can take from that what you want. Sorry wrong Number is very good though!!

This is a good idea for a thread, SFS.

A suggestion for each off the top of my head

The Fly
Lake Placid
An American Werewolf In London
John Carpenter's Vampires
Scream
Black Christmas
Freaks
Mimic
The Haunting (1963)
Dog Soldiers
Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer
Shivers
Magic
Theatre Of Blood
Wild Zero
The Thing
The Witches (1990)
Dawn Of The Dead
Horror Express (1973)
It
Island Of Death
The Relic
Hardware
Berberian Sound Studio
Bad Taste
Ghost Ship
The Masque Of The Red Death (1964)
The Last Broadcast
The Serpent And The Rainbow
House (1986)

I wrote it Camo so you can take from that what you want. Sorry wrong Number is very good though!!
Oh wow. Hadn't realized that you wrote it. Will read through it later as i just skimmed through it before to see the entries.

Body horror, biological horror, organic horror or visceral horror is horror fiction in which the horror is principally derived from the graphic destruction or degeneration of the body. From Wiki

David Cronenberg is probably the most famous director of it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_body_horror_media

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I did task 24 a tad early. Watched Don't Breathe in the theater today and quite liked it. Liked the atmosphere and suspense of the film. Especially thought the actual ending was good.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Creep

"We were interested in the psychological profile of this very, very strange person. We were very interested in how you meet people and don’t quite understand what’s up, but you start to get signs. For us that was intense eye contact, lack of personal space, oversharing, maybe a little bit too much love here and there. But, for me, there’s something wrong with both of these guys. Deeply. This concept of, 'who is the creep in this scenario?" That's a quote fro the star and co-writer Mark Duplass who plays Joesph, a man who hires a scrapped for cash videographer Aaron. The task involves filming everything he does in a day. Joesph is dying from cancer and wants to record how he acts in a normal day for his unborn son. While things are a little weird at first, they take a turn for the worse when Joesph isn't all he seems to be.

This low budget horror comedy thriller is small on scares and large on weird. Done in the popular "found footage" format, we see the day that unfolds and the desperate attempt that Joesph goes to in order to keep Aaron around filming. Those attempts teeter from the weird to the creepy. Duplass plays the role well enough, but the ambiguity of his ulterior motives are not really an issue. I felt like we always knew he was up to something else and the film could have benefited from a more surprising angle.

It's a tad slow and decides to build that tension until the eye popping last few minutes. Some big horror enthusiasts might yawn at this one, but those who really dig creepy characters that are weird will get a lot of fun out of this one. The guy wears a grotesque wolf mask he calls peachfuzz and starts to dance around the room singing a song. Weird right?

Clearly the filmmakers are having some fun with the genre. Knowing that jump scares are stupid and they play that aspect up to comical effects. Creep falls perfectly in line with other "stalker" type films as the second half makes for an interesting change of pace.

Suspect's Reviews

The Fog

Never seen this one from Carpenter, but it's just as good as the others. Creative use of the images of the beings in the fog to create a sense of danger. The first appearance from them when they attack the boat in the water was especially well done.

I like water based horror films. I have no idea why, but this with Dagon would make a decent double feature.

As always, the music in his films are perfect for the atmosphere and The Fog is no exception. I could see myself revisiting this piece same time next year.

Paranorman

Norman has an odd gift, he can see ghosts. Everyone picks on him because he is different, but when a 3 century old curse comes back to haunt the town, only he is the one who can stop it.

I'm rating this slightly on the higher side because I love the animation and the content. It isn't afraid to show homage to the classic zombie flicks and there is enough humour and heart for the young ones.

People seem to think this is one of the lesser Laika films, but I believe it's simply underrated. With good voice acting, a unique vision and a look / feel that immediately stands out compared to other animated movies, ParaNorman is a film that might surprise you.

I have to return some videotapes...
Haha I'm actually doing this, but just any type of horror film. Cool idea tho.

Task #1: A body horror movie.
Task #2: A movie featuring a killer crocodile or alligator.
Task #3: A movie where the protagonist or good guy dies.
Task #4: A movie featuring vampires.
Task #5: A teen horror.
Task #6: A 70's horror.
Task #7: A black and white horror film.
Task #8: A Guillermo del Toro movie.
Task #9: A horror film based in a book.
Task #10: A movie featuring Werewolves.
Task #11: A film featuring a serial killer.
Task #12: A epidemic infection or disease movie.
Task #13: A movie featuring evil dolls or puppets.
Task #14: A horror movie blended with comedy.
Task #17: A movie featuring witches.
Task #18: A horror remake.
Task #19: A horror anthology movie.
Task #20: A movie featuring a creepy clown (or clowns)
Task #21: A horror movie that has been banned in any country.
Task #22: A movie featuring a monster.
Task #23: A 90's Sci-fi Horror
Task #24: A horror movie made in this decade.
Task #25: A foreign horror movie.
Task #26: A horror movie with mostly bad reviews.
Task #27: A horror B movie.
Task #29: A home invasion horror.
Task #30: A Wes Craven movie.
Task #31: A haunted house movie.