Lets Talk Football

Tools    

I don't know who he is or how he knows about us but i like this guys style; talking about us when he's in a group with Barca and Man City

Oscar Wendt, Mönchengladbach defender
What a fascinating group! We can look forward to some special games. The away matches will be great, not just for us, but also for our fans. Champions League nights at Celtic Park are something else.
I think we can make it through to the Europa League. I think we have a better team than we did in 2013 when we made the last 16 of the Champions League and beat Barca 2-1, Barca only beat us 2-1 in the Nou Camp as well that year with a goal from pretty much the last kick of the game.

Cornelius signed for Cardiff when we were in the Prem and was awful and hardly paid and we sold him back to Denmark for not a lot of money, part of why Tan wanted Mackay gone.

That's not done on ratings anyway Camo, those are just top goalscorers. Surprised you haven't heard of Thorgan Hazard before, very good little player, always used to turn out great on Football Manager too

That's not done on ratings anyway Camo, those are just top goalscorers. Surprised you haven't heard of Thorgan Hazard before, very good little player, always used to turn out great on Football Manager too
It's also based on assists, goal involvement and percentage of team goals contributed to. He's third by overall contribution after Kllaasen and McMillan but he has more goals than them.

And i had heard of T.Hazard i just didn't take notice of the names and i thought he was still at Chelsea for some reason, or on loan elsewhere. Turns out he was on loan to Monchen last year and they bought him this year, wasn't aware of that.

I know it doesn't mean much but just something else i noticed. Monchen are ranked 42 in Uefa Coefficients we are 46. Obviously Monchen are in a much tougher league so it is harder for them to get regular european football, not massively though since Germany obviously has a lot more European slots than Scotland. Monchen finished 4th in the Bundesliga and went straight to the last qualifier, we were champions and had to play three.

haha. I posted that jokingly there then accidentally fell in love with that team. F&cking Porto .

Jimmy terrorizing Real on Di Stefano's testomonial, we won, you aren't supposed to beat the guys team who is having the testimonial, it's just bad manners, but Jinky had to fly to Spain even though he was terrified of flying. He wasn't flattered that Di Stefano picked Celtic because of him, he was pissed so he absolutely terrorized their defence and made Alfred look like a chump.

This is filmed from a Barca fan, a kid like i was when i was in the Nou Camp. This kid expected nothing and left with the best experience he'll ever have. We are famous for being the best FU team in Europe, we'll beat Monchen guys.

Solid wall of green and white guys. You not having a scarf is not a good enough excuse for your hands not to be constantly inthe air!

Leader of the Green Brigade;

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Daaaamn, that team! xD Madjer, Futre, Fernando Gomes, Juary, Andre (his son is Andre Andre, actual midfielder of FC Porto)...

The final was against Bayern Munich. They scored on minute 24', and hope seemed lost till Madjer 10 minutes away from the end did this:

Juary scored the winning goal 2 minutes later and the cup is in our museum ever since...

Madjer's goal is still one of the most iconic moments of our history!

There are some moments I watched over and over again and still feel all those emotions...

4 years ago, we were placing 2nd, 4 points behind benfica with only 3 games left.
They had won all the "difficult" matches so all they needed was 2 wins against small teams to win the League. Well, one of those small teams surprised and they draw the 1st match. They had to come to Porto stadium now only 2 points ahead.
1-1, 91 minutes, and this happens:

That was probably the most intense experience I have ever lived on a football stadium...

Speaking of important goals:

Daaaamn, that team!
The only player i had heard of there was Joao Pinto. Watched some videos of them though after i posted that. Yeah great team, love the way they played.

Speaking of important goals:
Dammit Neiba . You have to give us our due though, we took you to extra time and pretty much the exact same team would win the champions league the next year. Also you guys were dirty time wasters . These are the only goals i remember from that game

Think this was the most intense game i ever attended. Celtic 4-3 Juventus, you probably remember it because we went out to Porto that year as well

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x23...juventus_sport

That second Sutton goal though. Think that is my favourite goal ever.

The only player i had heard of there was Joao Pinto. Watched some videos of them though after i posted that. Yeah great team, love the way they played.
There are 2 Joao Pintos! Which one you heard about? The one from this team was a central defender. There is another one, more well known, a bit younger that played for sporting and benfica. He is famous for punching a referee in the 2002 World Cup! Maybe that's the one you know!

I was born in 1991 so I didn't live the 87 campaign. But I saw every match of the CL of that year. Football seemed so simple...

Dammit Neiba . You have to give us our due though, we took you to extra time and pretty much the exact same team would win the champions league the next year. Also you guys were dirty time wasters . These are the only goals i remember from that game

Think this was the most intense game i ever attended. Celtic 4-3 Juventus, you probably remember it because we went out to Porto that year as well

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x23...juventus_sport

That second Sutton goal though. Think that is my favourite goal ever.
hihihi! Just messing with you!

Yeah, I know this game!! Not from the time but because I always loved Juve! And that Juve team... Nedved, Trezeguet, Del Piero, Davids... I can only imagine what Celtic fans must have felt...

There are 2 Joao Pintos! Which one you heard about? The one from this team was a central defender. There is another one, more well known, a bit younger that played for sporting and benfica. He is famous for punching a referee in the 2002 World Cup! Maybe that's the one you know!
Yeah, you're right mate. I'm talking about Joao Viera Pinto. I don't actually remember that from the world cup, i remember him from Euro 2000. Was wondering why i didn't recognize him haha. Don't know a single player then. Who would you say was your best? Top five of our 67 team IMO:

01.Jimmy Johnstone (obviously)
02.Bobby Murdoch (so underrated, was almost as important as Jinky)
03.Bobby Lennox (probably our best goalscorer)
04.Tommy Gemmell (solid left back and he of course scored in the final, he scored in the final we lost against Feyenoord in 1970 as well)
05.Billy McNeil (captain and is the record appearance holder)

Tommy Gemmell's goal again Inter. The first one, it is an amazing goal. The second goal was scored by the guy in the box Stevie Chalmers btw in case you couldn't tell by the footage:

I can only imagine what Celtic fans must have felt...
That was the first time we played in the Champions League, because Rangers won 9 in a row during the 90's. We lost 3-2 in Italy against them as well because of a last minute penalty, a draw would've put us through