Country Music Tournament

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
1. Crooked Still - Little Sadie vs Lionel Richie & Darius Rucker~Stuck On You

2. The Rolling Stones - Far Away Eyes vs Randy Travis------Forever and Ever Amen (I've never understood the appeal of Mick Jagger and The Rolling Stones, even if they're singing a country song.)

3. Sugarland - Baby Girl vs Billy Ray Cyrus - Achy Breaky Heart (I know most people hate "Achy Breaky Heart", but it's a great song for line dancing.)

4. Kris Kristofferson - Border Lord vs Dolly Parton - Silver Dagger

5. Willie Nelson - On The Road Again vs Shakira ft Blake Shelton-Medicine

6. Jason Isbell - Elephant vs Kacey Musgraves - Pageant Material

7. Faith Hill - Breathe vs Gillian Welch - Annabelle

8. Blake Shelton - Who Are You When I'm Not Looking vs Kenny Rogers - The Gambler (It's a shame that the Blake Shelton song is up against "The Gambler" because it's one of his best songs, but it never really had a chance. )

Crooked Still - Little Sadie vs Lionel Richie & Darius Rucker~Stuck On You
That's a far nicer version of Stuck On You than the hit one imo

The Rolling Stones - Far Away Eyes vs Randy Travis------Forever and Ever Amen

Sugarland - Baby Girl vs Billy Ray Cyrus - Achy Breaky Heart

Kris Kristofferson - Border Lord vs Dolly Parton - Silver Dagger
Not voting on a match with two of mine in that I love equally - y'all can decide this one amongst yourselves

Willie Nelson - On The Road Again vs Shakira ft Blake Shelton-Medicine

Jason Isbell - Elephant vs Kacey Musgraves - Pageant Material

Faith Hill - Breathe vs Gillian Welch - Annabelle

Blake Shelton - Who Are You When I'm Not Looking vs Kenny Rogers - The Gambler

Let the night air cool you off
Out of curiosity, is this more of a vote for Jason Isbell or a vote against Kacey Musgraves? Isbell is great, this song in particular being one of his best, and even I voted against my own nomination for it. I am just curious about how you feel about Musgraves.

Originally Posted by Chypmunk
Crooked Still - Little Sadie vs Lionel Richie & Darius Rucker~Stuck On You
That's a far nicer version of Stuck On You than the hit one imo
I couldn't agree more. I've listened to this song a million times since I first discovered it , , , and that was roughly just a month or two ago.

2. The Rolling Stones - Far Away Eyes vs Randy Travis------Forever and Ever Amen

3. Sugarland - Baby Girl vs Billy Ray Cyrus - Achy Breaky Heart

4. Kris Kristofferson - Border Lord vs Dolly Parton - Silver Dagger-Rarely will I vote against Dolly, but I really liked the other.

5. Willie Nelson - On The Road Again vs Shakira ft Blake Shelton-Medicine-Is that the normal version of On the Road Again? Because I didn't seem to like it like I thought.

8. Blake Shelton - Who Are You When I'm Not Looking vs Kenny Rogers - The Gambler

1. Crooked Still - Little Sadie vs Lionel Richie & Darius Rucker~Stuck On You - agree with everyone that Stuck on You in a nicer version than the one that was a hit, but really like Little Sadie's banjo and fiddle, very catchy

2. The Rolling Stones - Far Away Eyes vs Randy Travis------Forever and Ever Amen I don't like Far Away Eyes at all. It's the Stones dicking around taking the piss, and I'm not mad on them at the best of times

3. Sugarland - Baby Girl vs Billy Ray Cyrus - Achy Breaky Heart - I don't dislike Achey Breaky Heart, it's catchy and I imagine it's fun doing linedancing, but I like Sugarland's Baby Girl a lot

4. Kris Kristofferson - Border Lord vs Dolly Parton - Silver Dagger - hmm hard choice. I think I like Silver Dagger sung as more of a folk song, but it's hard to vote against Dolly. Border Lord is a great song, dark and moody it could almost be a Dylan song from the same era

6. Jason Isbell - Elephant vs Kacey Musgraves - Pageant Material - this is hard too, I like both but I listened to Jason Isbell this afternoon for ages on Spotify. Such a talented guy who can write songs about any difficult subjects without being mawkish.

7. Faith Hill - Breathe vs Gillian Welch - Annabelle no contest! Scratchy voiced Gillian wins my vote

8. Blake Shelton - Who Are You When I'm Not Looking vs Kenny Rogers - The Gambler - this is no contest too. The Gambler is such a fine song. Equal in my eyes to my other favourite Kenny songs Lucille and Ruby Don't Take Your Love to Town

Out of curiosity, is this more of a vote for Jason Isbell or a vote against Kacey Musgraves? Isbell is great, this song in particular being one of his best, and even I voted against my own nomination for it. I am just curious about how you feel about Musgraves.

This more of a vote for Jason Isbell. I liked both songs, and I think Kacey Musgraves has a beautiful voice. I could easily have voted for the Kacey Musgraves song if it was up against a different song.

I watched "Nashville Star" when she was on it, and IMO, she was one of the better singers that season, and I was very surprised when she was voted out so early.

5. Willie Nelson - On The Road Again vs Shakira ft Blake Shelton-Medicine-Is that the normal version of On the Road Again? Because I didn't seem to like it like I thought.

No, that's not the original version of "On the Road Again". It's a live version. I tried finding the original version online, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

He must be doing something to get some of his songs removed from the internet because I can't find his original version of "My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys" online either. I wanted to nominate it for this tournament, but I couldn't find any version that would play outside of the U.S.

Crooked Still - Little Sadie - 3
Lionel Richie & Darius Rucker~Stuck On You - 5

The Rolling Stones - Far Away Eyes - 3
Randy Travis------Forever and Ever Amen - 5

Sugarland - Baby Girl - 4
Billy Ray Cyrus - Achy Breaky Heart - 4

Kris Kristofferson - Border Lord - 4
Dolly Parton - Silver Dagger - 3

Willie Nelson - On The Road Again - 7
Shakira ft Blake Shelton-Medicine - 1

Jason Isbell - Elephant - 5
Kacey Musgraves - Pageant Material - 2

Faith Hill - Breathe - 4
Gillian Welch - Annabelle - 4

Blake Shelton - Who Are You When I'm Not Looking - 1
Kenny Rogers - The Gambler - 7

We have a couple ties that need breaking before we can move on.

2. The Rolling Stones - Far Away Eyes vs Randy Travis------Forever and Ever Amen

3. Sugarland - Baby Girl vs Billy Ray Cyrus - Achy Breaky Heart

8. Blake Shelton - Who Are You When I'm Not Looking vs Kenny Rogers - The Gambler

Thanks for voting, Topsy.

Now we have a tie on the Dolly Parton/Kris Kristofferson though, which is fine, we just need somebody else to vote now.

Now we have a tie on the Dolly Parton/Kris Kristofferson though, which is fine, we just need somebody else to vote now.
Sorry for being such a slacker lately.

Sorry for being such a slacker lately.

Don't fret, homie. Thanks for voting.

I'll start putting the next set up now.

Thanks for voting, Topsy.

sorry i was late,i hadnt noticed it was updated with a new round

1 How Do I Live----Leann Rimes
Possibly her second best song she has ever sung.

2 Wish You Were Here---Marc Wills

3 On The Dirt Road----Sawyer Brown
While yes this is my nominated song but this was not one of my favorite Haggard songs and this was Sawyer Browns best song.

4 Country Roads Take Me Home---John Denver

5 18 Wheels and A Dozen Roses-----Mattea
Despite being another one of my songs its one of the best Road Traveling songs and George has plenty of hits and good songs.

6 Move It On Over----Hank Senior

7 Shotgun Wedding---- Jamie Lynn Spears

8 Your Man-----Josh Turner.

1. Leann Rimes-How do i live vs Kenny Rogers - Lucille

2. David Allan Coe - She Used To Love Me A Lot vs Mark Wills~Wish You Were Here

3. Merle Haggard - Twinkle Twinkle Lucky Star vs On The Dirt Road--- Sawyer Brown

4. Chris Stapleton - Might As Well Get Stoned vs John Denver - Take Me Home, Country Roads

5. Kathy Mattea----18 Wheels And A Dozen Roses vs George Strait - 80 Proof Bottle of Tear Stopper

6. Hank Williams Sr. - Move It On Over vs Mac Wiseman - Little Rosewood Casket

7. Jamie Lynn Spears-shotgun wedding vs Ben Nichols - Shelter

1. Leann Rimes-How do i live vs Kenny Rogers - Lucille ("How Do I Live" is an amazing song, and I would have voted for it if it was the Trisha Yearwood version.)

2. David Allan Coe - She Used To Love Me A Lot vs Mark Wills~Wish You Were Here

3. Merle Haggard - Twinkle Twinkle Lucky Star vs On The Dirt Road--- Sawyer Brown

4. Chris Stapleton - Might As Well Get Stoned vs John Denver - Take Me Home, Country Roads

5. Kathy Mattea----18 Wheels And A Dozen Roses vs George Strait - 80 Proof Bottle of Tear Stopper (I cant believe I'm voting against George Strait, but I love that Kathy Mattea song.)

6. Hank Williams Sr. - Move It On Over vs Mac Wiseman - Little Rosewood Casket

7. Jamie Lynn Spears-shotgun wedding vs Ben Nichols - Shelter

8. Josh Turner - Your Man vs Jamie Lynn Spears-sleep over