The Veg*nism Thread

Tools    

If you answer the questions I guarantee you this won't have been a waste of your time. Please, give me this one chance.

You're into roleplaying, TONGO, let's do this:

Let's assume I'm a psychopath.
Let's assume I trust your judgment.
Let's assume that I'm asking these questions and that if you can't rationally justify why something is wrong, I will go commit that crime.

Why shouldn't I eat sleeping humans?
Because youre not an idiot. Let go of this conversation tact or get to your point, please.

Because youre not an idiot. Let go of this conversation tact or get to your point, please.
This IS my point, your assertion that anything is ethical or unethical is completely unjustified. You SAY there are justifications, but you won't give them.

Prove me wrong.

This IS my point, your assertion that anything is ethical or unethical is completely unjustified. You SAY there are justifications, but you won't give them.

Prove me wrong.

No. You didnt like the answers Ive given, and I have answered this. Simply because it doesnt convenience your retort doesnt mean you should keep asking the same question, pretending Im avoiding. Ive answered, your point please.

No. You didnt like the answers Ive given, and I have answered this. Simply because it doesnt convenience your retort doesnt mean you should keep asking the same question, pretending Im avoiding. Ive answered, your point please.
*eats sleeping humans*

You answered the POST, not the QUESTION.

You gave an ANSWER, but not a JUSTIFICATION for that answer.

I completely accept that you think that it's wrong. But WHY?

"Because youre not an idiot." is not an excuse.
I could NUKE HALF THE PLANET if that answer was sufficient to justify it, TONGO.

You know better. Prove to me that you know what you're talking about.

*eats sleeping humans*

You answered the POST, not the QUESTION.

You gave an ANSWER, but not a JUSTIFICATION for that answer.

I completely accept that you think that it's wrong. But WHY?

"Because youre not an idiot." is not an excuse. I could NUKE HALF THE PLANET if that answer was sufficient to justify it, TONGO.

You know better. Prove to me that you know what you're talking about.

The fact that YOU cant see the justification in what I said makes me ask you this now, prove to me you know the difference between eating fish.....and eating sleeping humans?

I just knew if I posted in the Vegan thread it would devolve to eating sleeping humans, I just knew it!

The fact that YOU cant see the justification in what I said makes me ask you this now, prove to me you know the difference between eating fish.....and eating sleeping humans?
You're shifting the burden of proof, TONGO.

YOU said it was unethical to eat sleeping humans, the burden is on YOU to defend that claim.

You're shifting the burden of proof, TONGO.

YOU said it was unethical to eat sleeping humans, the burden is on YOU to defend that claim.

Dude really, your records skipping. What youre showing isnt dominance in this conversation but a lack of understanding yourself.

I said it was more than unethical. It is idiotic, cannibalistic, void of any understanding of life & death, bad diet , and anything else I forgot to mention.

I gtg, will check back later, if you ask that again Ill just not answer, and scratch it off as an "I tried".

Dude really, your records skipping. What youre showing isnt dominance in this conversation but a lack of understanding yourself.
If the claimant isn't responsible for the burden of proof then I can make any claim so long as it cannot be disproved.

Originally Posted by Russel's Teapot Argument
Many orthodox people speak as though it were the business of sceptics to disprove received dogmas rather than of dogmatists to prove them. This is, of course, a mistake. If I were to suggest that between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit, nobody would be able to disprove my assertion provided I were careful to add that the teapot is too small to be revealed even by our most powerful telescopes. But if I were to go on to say that, since my assertion cannot be disproved, it is intolerable presumption on the part of human reason to doubt it, I should rightly be thought to be talking nonsense.
Originally Posted by TONGO
I said it was more than unethical. It is idiotic, cannibalistic, void of any understanding of life & death, bad diet , and anything else I forgot to mention.
Then you have multiple claims to defend and neither of them make any other more true.

Originally Posted by TONGO
I gtg, will check back later, if you ask that again Ill just not answer, and scratch it off as an "I tried".
What a truly disgusting level of arrogance.

You are ignorant. There, now the burden of proof is on you to prove me wrong.

You can start here: Why shouldn't I eat sleeping humans?

Or is the question too hard for you?

You think after literally tens of thousands of years that fish if indicitave of comprehension, memory, or communication would learn to stop biting hooks or swimming near the waters surface where a net could entrap them.

Theres a difference, there are degrees, sleeping humans arent fish.
Sheep still let shepherds led them into slaughterhouses. So, according to you they don't have a registerable intelligence either?

You are ignorant. There, now the burden of proof is on you to prove me wrong.

You can start here: Why shouldn't I eat sleeping humans?

Or is the question too hard for you?
How would you justify it ethically? Either for or against, your choice

Sheep still let shepherds led them into slaughterhouses. So, according to you they don't have a registerable intelligence either?
Theyre much smarter than a fish. Do you feel like eating fish is of the same logic as eating sleeping humans? You dont have to answer that.

Theyre much smarter than a fish. Do you feel like eating fish is of the same logic as eating sleeping humans? You dont have to answer that.
Sure, eating a fish or a sheep is different from eating a sleeping human. But it is still completely avoidable cruelty.

Unregistered User
Is it safe to come out yet? *peeks out of covers*

So, any vegans want to add what foods their diet mostly consists of? Or what meals they recommend?

Disclaimer. Non vegans can also participate providing they list vegan food.

So, any vegans want to add what foods their diet mostly consists of? Or what meals they recommend?

Originally Posted by Omnizoa
A bunch of stuff.

Pasta, cereal, fruit, PBJ, ramen, pindi chana/chana masala, hummus, burritos, rice w/ veggies, ummmm... I mentioned vegan pancakes (which I make myself), chips and salsa... lotsa snacks like Chex Mix and whatnot. Erm... can't think of much else offhand, I'm sure there's more.

Oh yeah, if I can find veggie dogs I like that in a sandwich with pickles. Good road trip food.
Pasta and cereal are my two biggest staples.

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people

I work at a place which get a lot of diffrent dietary restrictions due to health issues and the like, so I have some experience with vegetarian/vegan food. That said, I'm no expert (and I'm not a vegan/vegetarian myself), but we do everything from simple oven roasted veggies to relatively simple homemade vegan patties/falafels and deepdishes. I have some recipes if anyone's interested.

I work at a place which get a lot of diffrent dietary restrictions due to health issues and the like, so I have some experience with vegetarian/vegan food. That said, I'm no expert (and I'm not a vegan/vegetarian myself), but we do everything from simple oven roasted veggies to relatively simple homemade vegan patties/falafels and deepdishes. I have some recipes if anyone's interested.
I have never ever ever liked falafel.