New member on the site

Tools    

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
Hiya Folks!

I'm new, both to this forum and forums in general. I managed to introduce myself on a existing thread with an other topic before realising you had a separate place for it, but just to do it properly...hello!

I'm a movie nerd, plain and simple. I'm also a music-,books-, video games-, comic-, manga- and animenerd. I'm a nerd-of-all-trades if you will. Master of none but I dabble in all. Most of all though, I like movies. I'm a bit of an omnivore when it comes to film, but the favourites are fantasy, sci-fi and mideaval adventures. I love animation, even if I've been told I'm too old for some of it (koff, koff ducktales, adventure time koff koff). I'm 25 years old, by the by, and from Sweden (The girl with the dragon tatto, not cuckoo klocks).

You all seem like nice people and I look foreward to some intressting discussions.

Bye for now!

Hello Clazor and welcome!! Don't worry I'm an animenerd too that loves Steven Universe people don't know what they're missing Hope you enjoy the forum, any doubts you have feel free to send a private message to The Rodent.

Also gbg, is that you in the picture with your cat and bird?

from Sweden (The girl with the dragon tatto, not cuckoo klocks).
Welcome . I liked Arn – it was interesting having watched Sofia Helin playing a 'normal' character prior to The Bridge starting in the UK. I think she's been fantastic in that series. I've been enjoying Beck as well.

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
Tyris
Og Velkommen,gøy å ha flere Skandinavere her
Tack, tack, detsamma

Cricket
25yo Swedish girls are welcome to every part of my life!

28yo wealthy single guy here.
Yeah, sorry dude, Miss Vicky is in the right, I'm a guy

Friendly Mushroom!
Also, don't forget to fill out the lists so we know what movies we could recommend to you and all that good stuff.
Thank you, I will.

SeeingisBelieving
Welcome . I liked Arn – it was interesting having watched Sofia Helin playing a 'normal' character prior to The Bridge starting in the UK. I think she's been fantastic in that series. I've been enjoying Beck as well.
Yeah, she was very good in the Bridge. I saw her on a talkshow once where she was asked to act as the character for a few minutes. She sat still for a few seconds, then her intire posture changed and she started firing of question after question at the host before they got a bit too personal and he had to stop her. We seem to have an affinety for crime series in scandinavia. That, and rude comedies for some reason.

And to all who's welcomed me and to those who will in the future, a big thank you.

Yeah, she was very good in the Bridge. I saw her on a talkshow once where she was asked to act as the character for a few minutes. She sat still for a few seconds, then her intire posture changed and she started firing of question after question at the host before they got a bit too personal and he had to stop her.
Yes I saw that – it was great, and she did get personal.

We seem to have an affinety for crime series in scandinavia. That, and rude comedies for some reason.
We're obviously missing out on the rude comedies – they did show an Icelandic one a while back set in a petrol station, I think. It's been great becoming more familiar with Scandinavia through these TV series and films over the last decade. My first experience with Nordic Noir was even earlier, although I didn't realise it, when I watched the English language film of Smilla's Sense of Snow. As soon as Wallander and other such programmes came along I could see how it was part of the same style.