Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Tools    

I'm intrigued enough to potentially watch it for the sake of comparing it to the theatrical cut, but I can't imagine it making a significant difference to the proceedings. We'll see if it comes out here, though.
I was a bit disappointed that my room mate already watched the Extended Edition without me (his friend got the digital version so he went over there and watched it when I was going to work ). Other than a couple of short scenes that help clarify a few small plot holes, he said that overall it made little difference to the movie.
Yeaaah, those are my thoughts too. The hatchet editing could have (AND SHOULD HAVE ORIGINALLY) been cleaned up, but unless they seriously extend and improve on Batman and Superman's fight scenes (which is practically the only reason to see the movie) it's not going to improve my opinion much (and I doubt that's the case anyway).

Does anyone know when the hell this is being released on DVD in the UK? Loads of websites said 19th July, 3 days ago... and some are still saying that... but it's not out yet.

Does anyone know when the hell this is being released on DVD in the UK? Loads of websites said 19th July, 3 days ago... and some are still saying that... but it's not out yet.
Amazon says August 1st.

Subtitles: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Spanish, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Estonian, Finnish, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Swedish, Turkish
Holy ****, I wish they'd retain those in their Region 1 rereleases, it's really fricken' stupid they don't.

Definitely the 1st. HMV now has it on preorder.

Sad thing is, DVD users are being punished. The extended cut is Blu-ray only.

Bastards.

The extended cut is Blu-ray only.

I'm really not a fan of this "everything will be Blu-Ray in X years" thing, mainly because a lot of what I own has never, nor probably will ever, come out on Blu-Ray.

Blu-Ray is crap anyway tbh. It's good if you want 3D... but nobody likes 3D.

Expensive player, expensive discs, expensive internet connection, expensive telly. Not worth the expense.

Expensive player, expensive discs, expensive internet connection, expensive telly. Not worth the expense.
I was really annoyed with the first Blu-Ray I tried too, The Dark Knight. It advertised exclusive features yet every single one of them was internet, server AND sign-up dependent, so given a few years the only difference between both copies of the movie is that one has a slightly higher fidelity and a terrible menu system.

When it comes to a movie, and special features, DVD is the best it can get to. Blu-Ray might fit more on one disc, but DVD is exactly the same.
Look at LOTR Extended as a prime example.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…

I have a conspiracy theory that dvd quality is lower than it use to be, in order to promote Blu ray sales. I don't remember the image quality being so grainy in the past.

I have a conspiracy theory that dvd quality is lower than it use to be, in order to promote Blu ray sales. I don't remember the image quality being so grainy in the past.
Who could possibly perpetrate it? Studios?

I think DVD quality has actually improved. At least on my TV/Blu-ray player that upconverts DVDs to make them look like Blu-rays. DVDs are now "mastered in High Definition." They've been that way for years, but they didn't start out that way.

Originally Posted by Omnizoa
I was really annoyed with the first Blu-Ray I tried too, The Dark Knight. It advertised exclusive features yet every single one of them was internet, server AND sign-up dependent, so given a few years the only difference between both copies of the movie is that one has a slightly higher fidelity and a terrible menu system.
When Blu-Rays first came out -- and Dark Knight is from this era -- they pushed an internet thing on Blu-Ray. Thinking people would use the internet via their Blu-Ray players. I don't think that really went anywhere.... they used to promote something called "BD Live" and I don't see that anymore at all. The internet related special features for Blu-Rays seem over. I think it was a fad that didn't catch on. They realized that when people buy these things, they want physical copies of movies. We're old school. We don't do digital.

Originally Posted by Rodent

You're just bitter because you don't own a Blu-Ray player. They're definitely better than DVD, and now there's even Ultra HD, which is better than Blu-Ray. The players aren't expensive (my first one cost $100 in 2009), you don't need an internet connection, etc. But you might need a new television.

they used to promote something called "BD Live" and I don't see that anymore at all. The internet related special features for Blu-Rays seem over. I think it was a fad that didn't catch on. They realized that when people buy these things, they want physical copies of movies. We're old school. We don't do digital.
I wish more people felt that way.

There's other stuff I've been interested in that are only marketed in specialized mediums. Death Parade is only officially sold in Blu-Ray in some countries and the Beyond The Black Rainbow soundtrack is only sold in Vinyl.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Who could possibly perpetrate it? Studios?
I was just making a casual, off-the-top observation. I just don't remember them looking as bad as they do now. Maybe they look worse to me because the televisions are better now.

I was just making a casual, off-the-top observation. I just don't remember them looking as bad as they do now. Maybe they look worse to me because the televisions are better now.
The menus and cases used to be total crap.

Did you guys ever think back when you started this thread that the fight would end because their moms have the same name?!!!
If that wasn't spoiled for me I'd have rolled my eyes SO HARD.