"The Woods" Being Called One Of The Scariest Movies Ever

Tools    

Adam Wingard's (You're Next, The Guest, VHS) newest film "The Woods" has been receiving a lot hype lately and is being hailed as one of the scariest movies ever by Bloody-Disgusting.com's Brad Miska. There isn't much info about the movie aside from a very vague teaser and even more vague plot line.

Plot: “involves a group of college students on a camping trip who discover they are not alone.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I'm a big fan of both You're Next and The Guest, so count me in.

Suspect's Reviews

Initially I was confusing this with The Forest, which I haven't seen yet. It looks reasonable going by the trailer – if they all turn their clothes inside out and put their shoes on the opposite feet I'm sure they'll be fine.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Eli Roth is a smart guy and he loves the genre, it shows in his films. I just feel like he's not that strong of a filmmaker though. Ti West comes off as a pretentious horror guy. House of the Devil was a great idea, ruined by the sluggish slow build up. The Innkeepers is again, a great idea, ruined by the fact that NOTHING happens. Throw in his horribly done ABC's of Death bit and he is not a filmmaker I'm interested in. Even though he disowns Cabin Fever 2....he still did Cabin Fever 2.

They all say that (One of the scariest..)

House of the Devil and Cabin Fever, to me, are two great films. That said, I'm a fan of a slow burn psychological piece. I'm also pretentious so I get where West was coming from

The trailer looks promising. I just hope the 'evil' doesn't turn out to be malformed mongoloids (Wrong Turn) looking for a meal or something.

Ever since reading Young Goodman Brown four decades ago or so I haven't quite trusted the woods.

Initially I was confusing this with The Forest.
I'm glad I'm not the only one! haha

I really liked You're Next, and thought The Guest was pretty good. Haven't seen VHS though, and don't plan to because I hate found footage movies. Will look forward to this one.

hm...not reeeally a fan of supernatural horror movie.though its doesnt say its supernatural.
but id still give it a try.

Im not a fan of Eli Roth either,not sure ive seen anothing other than hostel 1 and 2 of his though.

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?

As long as it's better than this sh!tfest.

But I reeeeeaaaaaallllly don't think that they should **** with the first one, the first one was very well done. One major issue I have is that this doesn't look to have the minimalist atmosphere of the first film, it seems like they went ham on the "scary". I really thought that the whole "less is more" thing benefited the original, actually made it pretty creepy at times.

I'm torn. I'm kind of interested based on the trailer...but I hate giving sequels money.

Outside of that, I'm wondering what's going on with the girl stuck in what kind of looks like a log probably isn't.

As long as it's better than this sh!tfest.
Obligatory posting of this video (which I was conveniently watching this afternoon before I saw this announcement)

First and Second Blair Witch Project movie are awful... I have no expectation at all from the third.

A name change isn't gonna change the fact that this is made by a competent director and is getting great reviews on top of that.

But I don't like this new wave of making money. Taking a good and original concept and turning it into a sequel/reboot/whatever to earn more money. 10 Cloverfield Lane was a nice film until it turned into its title. Hope this one is different. After all, it looks like this one wanted to be a Blair Witch film from the start.

Let's see what happens...

A name change isn't gonna change the fact that this is made by a competent director and is getting great reviews on top of that.
Agreed. I'm looking forward to this just due to who the director is.

I like the first Blair Witch, too.