A horror/thriller, a man left alone after a rapture event?

Tools    

I remember a DVD trailer that had a guy in a city who was talking about being the only one left and then I think there was some sort of horror plot in it about how darkness would kill you so you had to stay under lights to survive in the nighttime or something like that. I'm not sure it was a long time ago.

No idea about how long ago 'a long time ago' might be but how about this one from the early seventies? Kinda. almost, sort of fits your brief descrip (which means I'm pretty sure it ain't it but nobody else has put anything forward yet)

There are dozens of movies like that. In horror movies darkness always kills in the sense that monsters go after you at night.
Try to see:

The stand; 28 days later and sequels; I am legend and prequels.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I agree with Rodent, that is exactly the first thing that came to my mind.

Below is the link to the review of Vanishing on 7th Street that I wrote a while ago, just have to scroll down a little.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...atemple&page=3

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Seriously, you do know the movie is based off the book The Last Man on Earth, as far as I know the first movie starred Vincent Price which I love, then there's the Omega Man and about 20 more that are based on the same book, it's a good read you should check it out or look it up on Wiki.

There wasn't any prequels to I am Legend
I am legend, the film, is a remake of a remake of a remake. So the correct sentence would have been "the movies of which is a remake". Since there isn't such a word as "premake" (= the movies of which is a remake), I simply replaced it with "prequel".

I am legend, the film, is a remake of a remake of a remake. So the correct sentence would have been "the movies of which is a remake". Since there isn't such a word as "premake" (= the movies of which is a remake), I simply replaced it with "prequel".

More like Carpenter's The Thing... it's based on the same book.

You wouldn't say Batman Begins is a remake of Burton's Batman would you?

More like Carpenter's The Thing... it's based on the same book.

You wouldn't say Batman Begins is a remake of Burton's Batman would you?
It's all the same crap. I can't tell apart the different Batmans. I just know that in the sixties Batman wore bright colors and in the nineties fake nipples. So yeah, it's a remake.