Your Most Controversial Film Opinions?

Tools    

I think people who really love Blade Runner connect to it, in an almost spiritual way. So if someone doesn't connect, then the rest of the film doesn't seem to speak to them. I'll be curious to see your review of it in the 10th.
Yeah that's exactly it. I think Lost In Translation is the same way for example, that i do connect with. So i can totally relate to people just finding Lost In Translation boring even though i love it.

Blade Runner is still fresh in my mind so i'm not positive i am going to re watch it yet. Depends on how much time i have left after the new watches.

Spring Breakers seemed like a movie trying to make money? I didn't particularly care for it but some of these criticisms lately, blowing my mind.

Well, he did say he only watched the first fifteen minutes.

Never understood why people who cherish cinema as an artform would do that. But maybe they don't.

Well, he did say he only watched the first fifteen minutes.

Never understood why people who cherish cinema as an artform would do that. But maybe they don't.
Me too. Fair enough there's only so many hours in a day, turn it off if it doesn't look like it is for you. But don't then pretend like you have an informed opinion on it

The first fifteen minutes of Whiplash is a drum solo and him going to the movies with his dad. Hardly objectionable material.
A 15 minute drum solo isn't objectionable? It's already made me never want to see it.

What's wrong with long drum solos?
Mostly it's the lack of other instruments and the amount of time they go on for. Other than that I don't have a problem with them.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
What are yours Matt? It is getting pretty nauseating seeing you start threads that you don't contribute to.

*controversy* and all that jazz.
What other ones have I NOT contributed to?

I think technology hurt movies in general, especially becoming more of a business, a blockbuster mentality, a formulaic way of making moneys. At least the businessmen before loved movies, took chances with original movies, doing movies and losing a ton. CGI to me is awful 99% of the time. I think the 80s were the biggest dip after the 70s were so great.

What other ones have I NOT contributed to?
Usually someone starts a thread with what they think. You ask a question then let it go on with your odd "controversial" opinion thrown in.

I think technology hurt movies in general, especially becoming more of a business, a blockbuster mentality, a formulaic way of making moneys.
Sorry but what the hell is this? Seems like four different ways of saying the same thing without clarifying what you actually mean.

At least the businessmen before loved movies,
Sure they did/

took chances with original movies, doing movies and losing a ton.
It is pretty difficult to not make or at least be attributed with an original movie if you were a director during the 30s/40s/50s. By original movie i mean a movie that Matt will like 50 years later but will hate a movie from his time that is the same. Something to do with electronic music, or the directors pushing a button or whatever.

First of all, don't tell me how to talk. If I wanna start one (out of 300) threads with a smiley face, too bad. If you don't like it, don't respond, or stop complaining.

This electronic stuff really got to you.. If you have confidence in it, you wouldn't have to bring it up constantly. I like the music I like, and I have the philosophy I have. I don't question yours, or tell you how to talk.

First of all, don't tell me how to talk. If I wanna start one (out of 300) threads with a smiley face, too bad. If you don't like it, don't respond, or stop complaining.

This electronic stuff really got to you.. If you have confidence in it, you wouldn't have to bring it up constantly. I like the music I like, and I have the philosophy I have. I don't question yours, or tell you how to talk.
Touchy then? I pointed out how you start threads. Do what ever the hell you want, it is indeed up to you i was just saying that you start your threads and you never answer your thread question yourself. Continue to peddle your garbage, see if i care.

Wait did you actually engage a question that was posed to you?? No, of course you didn't. What you did as usual was ignore the question and go on about yourself. Do whatever you want on this site it has nothing to do with me, please don't pretend like you have ever in your time here not just went into your shell whenever difficult questions have been asked of you.

Touchy then? I pointed out how you start threads. Do what ever the hell you want, it is indeed up to you i was just saying that you start your threads and you never answer your thread question yourself. Continue to peddle your garbage, see if i care.

Wait did you actually engage a question that was posed to you?? No, of course you didn't. What you did as usual was ignore the question and go on about yourself. Do whatever you want on this site it has nothing to do with me, please don't pretend like you have ever in your time here not just went into your shell whenever difficult questions have been asked of you.
No, you are the one who didn't answer first... Regardless, I'm not gonna waste my time with an angry fella.