Independence Day Resurgence

Tools    

I thought the first movie was the greatest movie ever after I saw it in 1996.

I am looking forward to the sequel, but it disappoints me to see so many boring looking scenes with fighter jets and things.

looks great,i dont like how the main characters are always so young though!
shame will didnt come back,but i dont think the movie will suffer from it.
have my doubts about mr miley though,and the girl seems so bland and faceless.

Please hold your applause till after the me.
I don't know if I've posted this in this thread already, but...

I found the first film to be pretty mediocre, I just saw a bunch of cut out characters mixed in with good visual effects. While I don't despise it, and there are one or two parts that I like, it is a very below average film.

But this sequel on the other hand I have no intention of seeing, because Goldblum is even more of a cartoon than he was in the 90's, Pullman hasn't done any notable work in the past 5 years, and Liam Hemsworth, pretty sure that says enough. And when was the last time Roland Emmerich made a half-decent movie, really think, you can't name one can you.

When the first trailer for this movie was released, I was disappointed that it wasn't premiering on July 4th (or whatever the weekend closest to that is, the 1st I think?). Is that a bad weekend for the American box office?

I don't know if I've posted this in this thread already, but...

I found the first film to be pretty mediocre, I just saw a bunch of cut out characters mixed in with good visual effects. While I don't despise it, and there are one or two parts that I like, it is a very below average film.

But this sequel on the other hand I have no intention of seeing, because Goldblum is even more of a cartoon than he was in the 90's, Pullman hasn't done any notable work in the past 5 years, and Liam Hemsworth, pretty sure that says enough. And when was the last time Roland Emmerich made a half-decent movie, really think, you can't name one can you.
Last roland emerich half good film was after tomorrow

Movie Forums Member
This Movie is gonna be a Blast. Really Excited about it!! I did a review on it too(Trailer that is) Blog name : "timeblt.blogspot.com" you can check it out if you like And I am New to this forum so help me out everyone!!

Really don't know what they done with this but, can't wait to watch the result...

I decided to spoil the movie for myself and read about what all happened in the film's novelization.

It sounds incredible. They've expanded the universe from the first film. Going to new places. I hope it looks good.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
It was ****. Don't go see it. Yet another disappointment. Starts well enough then just turns into a bad Alien movie.

It was ****. Don't go see it. Yet another disappointment. Starts well enough then just turns into a bad Alien movie.
Did you even like the first movie?

In the Beginning...
From the reviews on Rotten Tomatoes, it seems like your best hope for enjoying the film is to surrender entirely to the CGI-laden undertow of forced nostalgia.

Which is pretty much all you can hope for in an Independence Day sequel that's about 15 years too late.

Did you even like the first movie?
Yes, I even watched it recently for the first time in ages and it still holds up.

Sort of, it's just a bit weird seeing her in such a trashy film.

Is Charlotte Gainsbourg's role in this film big?
Not really in my opinion. She's Jeff Goldblum's love interest, but she's NOTHING like his love interest in the first film. She wasn't necessary to the movie.

You were telling the truth, Ruth.

I mean how does this **** even happen?

Give me say a few hours, maybe a day with paper and a pen and I could map out 5 better stories than the **** I paid to watch yesterday.

I thought the story for this movie -- as I said before, I read what happens in the movie before I saw the movie -- I thought it sounded fantastic written out.

PLAYED out, it was awful.

I mean how does this **** even happen?

Give me say a few hours, maybe a day with paper and a pen and I could map out 5 better stories than the **** I paid to watch yesterday.
But you're assuming that what you wrote would make the screen and as you intended. That wouldn't happen unless you're the writer/director and, even then, you'd be lucky.