The MoFo Top 100 Action Movie Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Prince Omni went from I'm very open to suggestions, to I'm not going anywhere. Very authoritarian style of government. Soon he'll start editing out movies from lists. I'd be careful with this one

Prince Omni went from I'm very open to suggestions, to I'm not going anywhere. Very authoritarian style of government.
Oooh, yes. Beware, I might actually start thinking for myself.

Originally Posted by donniedarko
Soon he'll start editing out movies from lists. I'd be careful with this one
Sounds like a dick move to me.

Has that stopped you before?
Such an honest question! But I believe you said yourself I was new at this so WHO KNOWS???

Or are you just asking if I'd put it past me in general?

Hmmm... I think the best way for you to find out is by submitting a list. And see where your flaming gets you.

Such an honest question! But I believe you said yourself I was new at this so WHO KNOWS???

Or are you just asking if I'd put it past me in general?

Hmmm... I think the best way for you to find out is by submitting a list. And see where your flaming gets you.
Wow,Prince Omni you sound great for a position as Moderator. Have you considered asking Yoda to become one? Or you could just proclaim yourself one, if you so wish.

Wow,Prince Omni you sound great for a position as Moderator.
I'm an Administrator on certain websites, actually.

Have you considered asking Yoda to become one?
AS an Administrator, I'm inclined to question the motives of someone who requests mod powers.

Odds are pretty good they're not in it for the responsibility.

Maybe you should start a Top 100 list on "Prince Omni's accomplishments" instead? Since the thread is all about you, anyways

If I had a steak, I would f**k it!
She leaned into his keyboard and began typing a response.

"I find this whole situation particularly trivial," she said in mild irration, adapting to the format with increasing fervor, "considering that I come from RP community forums where the primary activity threads each have their own seperate individual handbook-style FAQ threads and users are essentially expected to commit to writing what amounts to a short novel one page per day, spelling and grammar standards included.

There was less bitching over THAT.

That asking if anyone would like to volunteer a short list of movies they like is some great imposition is laughable by comparison."

Omni returned back to her comfortable recline and pondered the ramifications of such a post. <It'll likely brushed off.>, he concluded, resigned to the inevitability of rocking the proverbial boat. <It's no skin of my back.>, Omnizoa thought, not a split second before the sniper bullet peeled through the nearby window and struck her in the base of the skull, painting the wall in a rainbow of viscera.
That's some damn good writing...

Maybe you should start a Top 100 list on "Prince Omni's accomplishments" instead? Since the thread is all about you, anyways
Well, my middle name is "ACTION", so no arguments there.

I do wonder what I'd fill the list with...

I once did 2 pull-ups in a row. That was pretty cool.

Originally Posted by urkillinmesmalls
That's some damn good writing...
It is LITTERED WITH GRAMMATICAL ERRORS, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!?

It is LITTERED WITH GRAMMATICAL ERRORS, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!?
True. You forgot the s in "she" multiple times.

A little trivia:

We now have 3 lists comprising a pool of 66 movies. Only 2 movies appear across all 3 lists.

Question: Why does every countdown need to be official? It's not hurting anyone if somebody wants to do their own thing without the bureaucratic bullsh!t
I think it's since I did a genre thing. Although, considering that people are suggesting redoing the Horror list, it doesn't seem outside the realm of reason to simply redo Action if people don't like what they get.

Question: Why does every countdown need to be official? It's not hurting anyone if somebody wants to do their own thing without the bureaucratic bullsh!t
This will be my last post in this thread, i won't mention Omni after the next paragraph so there is no need for me to respond after this.

The Countdowns have been done as a collective thing before i even joined the site, everyone usually has their place in the decision. As much as Omni mocks it, it was always a site thing i know no one here had more say than whoever else on what the next one would be.

My post in his interest thread here - http://www.movieforums.com/community...34#post1535934 .
I thought this was just running an idea by everyone like Rodent did here for instance with the Top 100 Redo which i supported - http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=43834

In the end most didn't want it so that was fine. We decided to do it after we had went through the decades, it became an unofficial thing that we include a genre (whatever if Guap is still watching over us) in between the Decades so Action would be fine if it was a decision overall. Instead we got a suggestion before the 50's Countdown started becoming the next thing. if before the Action one even starts someone suggests or even just starts up a thread for a whatever countdown then that's it.

I know this sounds like i take these countdowns too seriously, maybe i do. But i always felt these were the only constant on this forum the one thing that all of our varied members had a say in, so it feels a bit annoying that we don't even get to discuss what the next one is.

Also Brexit/Bremain

This will be my last post in this thread, i won't mention Omni after the next paragraph so there is no need for me to respond after this.

The Countdowns have been done as a collective thing before i even joined the site, everyone usually has their place in the decision. As much as Omni mocks it, it was always a site thing i know no one here had more say than whoever else on what the next one would be.

My post in his interest thread here - http://www.movieforums.com/community...34#post1535934 .
I thought this was just running an idea by everyone like Rodent did here for instance with the Top 100 Redo which i supported - http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=43834

In the end most didn't want it so that was fine. We decided to do it after we had went through the decades, it became an unofficial thing that we include a genre (whatever if Guap is still watching over us) in between the Decades so Action would be fine if it was a decision overall. Instead we got a suggestion before the 50's Countdown started becoming the next thing. if before the Action one even starts someone suggests or even just starts up a thread for a whatever countdown then that's it.

I know this sounds like i take these countdowns too seriously, maybe i do. But i always felt these were the only constant on this forum the one thing that all of our varied members had a say in, so it feels a bit annoying that we don't even get to discuss what the next one is.

Also Brexit/Bremain
Fair post.

I haven't had a chance to read all the posts, but when I said it was a great idea, it didn't occur to me that it'd be right away. The fairest way for everyone is to wait until after the 50's and Rodent's countdown. I wouldn't participate until then because it wouldn't be right. It's still very nice of you to take care of all the work that being a host entails, Omni.

The fairest way for everyone is to wait until after the 50's and Rodent's countdown.
Does Rodent's Countdown even have a date set? It seems like a lot of people are still confused over the details.