The UK Voting Referendum

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher
I know you're all going to, but I'm just going to remind everyone to keep it civil. Play the ball, not the man etc etc.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I didn't call anyone a moron Although those who voted remain may be a touch intellectually challenged

Does anyone watch Last Week Tonight? I imagine John Oliver is going to be disappointed after he tried to convince everyone that staying in was the better option economically. For anyone who doesn't but is curious to see what I'm referring to, HBO has a lot of clips on Youtube, though I'm not sure if they're region locked. If they're available to watch here, they should be available almost anywhere else though. Here is the entire Brexit segment from Sunday's show (even if you don't agree with him, it's worth staying or skipping to the end for the song):

If you are offended by swearing maybe do not watch the clip, and definitely don't listen to that kid's song at the end haha.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
79% of people in my age demographic voted to stay in, and it's our future it'll affect the most. I'm heartbroken and petrified as to my future prospects. All of a sudden, emigrating to Canada like my relatives did in the 50s seems more likely
Scotland will now go independent as well, Spain will gain joint sovereignty of Gibraltar. It's the end of Great Britain and the UK.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
79% of people in my age demographic voted to stay in, and it's our future it'll affect the most. I'm heartbroken and petrified as to my future prospects. All of a sudden, emigrating to Canada like my relatives did in the 50s seems more likely
Scotland will now go independent as well, Spain will gain joint sovereignty of Gibraltar. It's the end of Great Britain and the UK.
I've got two extra rooms!!!!!

Well....one now.

Suspect's Reviews

very interesting and more than a little worrying.
Coming out of the EU aside, I'm more worried now by Cameron resigning. I'm disappointed he's done that (and I never thought I'd see the day I 'd ever write that!) . We needed some stability, and now what we have is a change of Prime Minister mid term which is always hugely unsettling and is more now given that the Leave campaign politicians are on a roll. Who we will end up with as PM out of that lot is the stuff of nightmares for me.
If it turns out that there's an early election, us on the left of politics have to face up that we ain't going anywhere with Corbyn. Much as the youngsters love him for his honesty and his intellectual analysis, I'm afraid that doesn't win votes outside of the intelligensia. Youngsters won't remember Michael Foot who was the same way inclined and who got torn to pieces in the 1983 election. These people are really nice, good guys but they don't make leaders.

Originally Posted by CosmicRunaway
Does anyone watch Last Week Tonight? I imagine John Oliver is going to be disappointed after he tried to convince everyone that staying in was the better option economically.
I saw that. Personally, I got a whiff of bias from it.

I won't deny the economic damage it could cause, but economies can heal and self-sufficiency is a critical element of independence, especially if those you depend on have the game rigged against you.

aww I know, it is really upsetting love, but just hang in there , we'll have other fights to fight. We need you and your friends xxx

Omni - because the PM was so strongly for staying in the EU and doing further negotiations, now I suppose he feels like he's not representing the majority of the population .

Originally Posted by CiCi
It's the end of Great Britain and the UK
Was it really so "great" and "united" if Scotland never wanted to be there in the first place?

That's like getting nostalgic over a "happy family photo" even though when it was taken the baby wouldn't sit still, the teenager couldn't be bothered, and Charles doesn't even like your step-mother.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
very unlikely to happen Matt given the mood here
I'm left of center - can you tell me the major reasons you don't like this move, but also, is there anything positive from the exit?

Did you see his wife's face when he was giving his speech? She looked soooo sheepish.

What he's done, is got into power with only 36% of the votes, promised the referendum... then sat there twiddling his thumbs, counting his cash, thinking "I'm a winner, I'm a winner"... and the public have turned on him.
The public have told him that they think he's full of sh*t, and have proven they have no respect for him or his wife (who spends £60k of taxpayers money on personal image consultants).

The guy is embarrassed. Simple.