Nats cinema journey

→ in
Tools    

The first one sets up the story and has a good story behind it. The second one just turns weird especially the ending and the third one is more on the story of katniss rather than violence. It has a fair bit of violence but not as much as the other two.

I don't think any of the Hunger Games movies are really my type of movie, but I watched the first one mainly because of all the hype about it, and I guess I was just curious. I'll probably pass on the sequels, unless I find the DVDs very cheap at a garage sale or flea market, or if someone nominates them in a HoF here.

Fair enough. Have you read the books?

The revenant

I had this movie recommended to me by someone on here (can't remember who) and all I can say is this is a film masterpiece.

The opening scene with the dreams is masterfully done. It seems it has lots of themed doing through it such as peace and peaceful sounds until they stop and we see a barrel of a gun.

It's a film of harrowing circumstances and about death and violence then it changes to a sort of quiet pace that feels hynotic.

Even though Leo puts on a great performance throughout the film is isn't hum that's the star. It's the nature.

This is a very refreshing film showing how one person survives the harrowing nature outside.

The exorcism of Emily rose

This film is a quiet, thoughtful and intelligent in the way it shows us good and evil. It's part court room drama and horror.

The main actors are excellent. Jennifer connelly who plays Emily Rose does her contortion scenes very well. I also like the eerie silence that is portrayed in the film especially in a dark room when you can hear things but you can't quite see what it is. Tom wilkinson who plays father Moore is very good as a character who only wants to tell the story of what happened to Emily.

Overall I was impressed with this movie.

Sauna

This horror movie is from Finland.

Villie virtanen who's plays erik, is someone truly terrifying. He plays his character as hard as nails and it is truly unsettling. The rest of the cast play along but none are remembered.

Dark colours set up the scenes visually and the camera work is good which sets up the atmosphere of the whole film. The soundtrack is wonderful and helps with the atmospheric scenes.

The ending is rather vague though and will leave you with more questions rather than answers.

Overall it's a good film with a good cast and wonderful atmospheric settings and don't forget the great music to go with it.

Defiance

This is one of the best war movie. It is also very unsettling.

The story is a good one that shows love and friendship.

The war scenes are very violent and raw and helps you think what war time would of been like. The cast perform excellently. It is also based on true story aswell

Zootropolis

Me and my little sister saw the trailer to this not too long ago and decider to go see it. We were definately not disappointed.

The animation is just rich in colour and also has some diversity into the animal kingdom. The animals are really funny especially flash the sloth. He's the funniest character I have come across. The story and the subject is ama zing it really speaks to your senses.

I do recommend this movie if you haven't already seen it.

Kung fu panda 3

The animation in this film is very refreshing it all looks new and sharper than ever before.

The characters still manage to bring the story alive with their great performances. I did feel though that the story was lacking something maybe some new material to make it more original. I still like 1 and 2 better though.

Me and my whole family enjoyed this. My children especially loved seeing all the animals fighting.

Overall a nice film but not better than number 1 or 2.

Brooklyns finest

Richard grere, Don Cheadle and ethan hawk play three brooklyn cops. I do like the very dimming lighting that brings alot to the atmosphere and the whole movie. The stories all movie along slowly so it's not rusing the story out.

The movie does move very slowly which is the only let down for me. It's ok in the first half if the film to get under the characterms skin but then near the end it should of piced up a bit more pace to last it through to the very end.

Overall worth one watch.

The wolfman

This film is set in a dark gloomy and gothic manor house. The slow moving pace and the scenes all make this a good horror film.

This is more scary as a gore ripping flesh kind of way that works really well.

The film was a bit long they could of took at least 20 mins off and it still would of achieved what it set out to do.

Mr Hopkins as the bad guy and mr weaving are always a pleasure to watch.

Megamind

I saw this with my little sister not too long ago. It's a great movie and has some new stuff in it.

The only thing I don't like about it is that their isn't alot of heroism like their is in other movies of this kind.

This is a really good movie for kids to enjoy.

It does seem a bit chaotic at times, jumping from scene to scene and leaving stuff out but all in all it is an entertaining film all the way through.

Devil

This is a tense thriller/horror flick made by m. Night shamalan.

This is not his best film because it isn't up there with the best like sixth sense but it does okay.

This is a strange movie not truly scary but it does have tension that kept me on the edge of my seat throughout the film. It definately keeps you guessing aswell.

The movie primarily takes place in an elevator which makes it more tense because it happens in a confined space where you feel cramped with no escape whatsoever.

Overall a good movie but needs a little more added to it to make it one of his best.

The road

This movie takes place in a post-apocalyptic world. It shows that survival is hard and every man's for themselves.

The view of the world is very interesting. Lack of food, shelter and lack of sleep shows people going mad and thiking things are going to happen to them.

It's a dark movie on a road where the people learn to get happy and how to survive this world as it is now.

Vigo mortenson plays the father and is very good, kody smit mcphee plays the son who is excellent. Robert duvell, charlize theron and guy pearce are all very good in their roles.

All in all its a good portrayal of like in a new world.

I've been meaning to rewatch The Road. The whole movie from the story to the visuals and atmosphere is just...depressing, which I think is very fitting, but that also makes it difficult to sit down with it again.

Rio

This film is great. It has good jokes, nice colours and good voice actors.

The colours and effects were really great. I especially loved the animals there was quite a lot of animals in this movie that gave it life.

I've been meaning to rewatch The Road. The whole movie from the story to the visuals and atmosphere is just...depressing, which I think is very fitting, but that also makes it difficult to sit down with it again.
It is quite depressing but it is a great portrayal of what the people go through trying to find happiness.