You can "fix" one Oscar snub: what is it?

Tools    

Phoenix was the best thing about Gladiator.
I remember being so glad when the girl I was with suggested we go home after 20 minutes.
....you both said it just so effortlessly. Well Matt if the first 20 minutes of Gladiator didnt grab you then you made the right call.

Yeah Gladiator won, but Ridley Scott should have won Best Director rather than Steven Soderbergh for Traffic

He lost to Benicio Del Toro for Traffic. Del Toro was very good too he was the only thing i really liked about Traffic.
I've never seen Traffic. There's just nothing about it that interests me.

Funnily enough it did interest it sounded like something i'd love, but for whatever reason i didn't enjoy it much. It isn't a bad movie though.

He should've won Best Actor back in '82.
Cmon man i love Poltergeist but that is going a bit too far. Of the nominated performances that year i've seen two Peter O'Toole in My Favourite Year and Paul Newman in The Verdict, and i'd have given them both it over him. Have you seen any of the nominees from that year?

Poltergeist in 1982 was up against stuff like Ghandi, ET, The Verdict, Das Boot, Blade Runner, TRON.

It was nominated for Best Visuals and Best Original Score though. Didn't get them though.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?

He should've won Best Actor back in '82.
Cmon man i love Poltergeist but that is going a bit too far. Of the nominated performances that year i've seen two Peter O'Toole in My Favourite Year and Paul Newman in The Verdict, and i'd have given them both it over him. Have you seen any of the nominees from that year?

"Yeah, you’re right. You’re always right."😀

But all joking aside, this is a top-shelf and three-dimensional performance we're talking about here, and if that's not Oscar-worthy, then I'll be damned if I know what is.

Robert Downey Jr was nominated for Chaplin, and was quite vocal on believing he deserved to win. He told the story in an interview that at the Oscars the cameraman was right on his face like all the nominees. When they announced the winner was Al Pacino for Scent Of A Woman, RDJ said he just smiled and clapped though inside he was crushed. The cameraman said about Downey while filming him "Now thats good acting!"

I have to return some videotapes...
I'm not gonna say of all-time but last year I strongly felt that Tom Hardy deserved the win for Revenant.

Welcome to the human race...
I'd sum it up as "if Crash was about drugs instead of race". Del Toro is good enough in it that I don't see a problem with him winning an Oscar, but Sicario is arguably the superior Del-Toro-fights-a-war-on-drugs film. I can at least concede that Gladiator is the superior film.

As far as acting snubs go, I suggest that Edward Norton should have got the win over Roberto Benigni.

Pulp Fiction over Foress Gump

sandra bullocks oscar win is on my list aswell..
I always thought Sandra Bollocks a chirpy cute funny actress, but not an actress, yknow? The oscars has dilluted itself beyond respectability.