You can "fix" one Oscar snub: what is it?

Tools    

If you could go back in time and rectify one Oscar snub (or, if you'd rather, simply take one away from someone who you think didn't deserve it), what would it be?

Recently Joaquin Phoenix for The Master. Overall maybe give Scorsese his Best Director Oscar for something more deserving, like Taxi Driver, Goodfellas or Raging Bull.

i always thought leonardo desvered a supporting actor oscar for his performance in "whats eating Gilbert Grape" in 1993 but i havent seen the movie Tommy Lee Jones won for so i cant really say.
Ralph Fiennes was also amazing that year in schindlers list.

i always thought leonardo desvered a supporting actor oscar for his performance in "whats eating Gilbert Grape" in 1993
That's what came to my mind first. Leo for What's Eating Gilbert Grape.

I'm pretty sure my answer is obvious.
Not to me, but I assume it's Joaquin Phoenix for Gladiator or something.

I'm pretty sure my answer is obvious.
Not to me, but I assume it's Joaquin Phoenix for Gladiator or something.
Or anything else he was nominated for or should have been nominated for.

I have a plethora of these, but if I had to pick one, I would go back to the 1955 ceremony and take the award for Best Actress that Grace Kelly won and give it to Judy Garland for A Star is Born.

You beat me to it.

Saving Private Ryan was robbed by Harvey Weinsteins obnoxiously large publicity campaign heading to the oscars.

1987: Best Makeup
Winner: Harry And The Hendersons - Harry Baker
Happy New Year - Bob Laden

RoboCop wasn't even a nomination. It was in the Editing cat and Best Sound, but not for the Makeup.

It was snubbed in the Best Costume Design as well.

I'd give Best Costume Design and Best Makeup to Rob Bottin for RoboCop.

was he nominated for that? who won?
Don't ask me. Dial #69 for the Miss Vicky Department.