Television Tab

Tools    

I watched episodes 3-5 of The Tunnel: Sabotage today. It really is a cracking programme. I'm starting to think I might have to take a look at the first series now.

Excited to see that Preacher snuck up me. This and GoT could make for an epic Sunday!-Sunday!-Sunday!
Can't wait for the pilot, as you can tell by my av i'm a big fan. Either that or From Hell is my fave Comic. Hope it works out.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Preacher was interesting. I was a little lost on some of the details, but it was entertaining.

Preacher was interesting. I was a little lost on some of the details, but it was entertaining.
Can't wait to watch it. Think i'll be able to tell in the first couple of minutes of seeing Cooper as Jesse whether i'm going to continue to watch it or not.

Spent the last three evenings watching the BBC's adaptation of Shakespeare's War of the Roses trilogy of plays - Henry VI part 1 and 2 and Richard III. Absolutely epic. Bloody, double crossing, murderous, shocking and above all so well acted. Benedict Cumberbatch, Sophie Okenedo, Keeley Hawes, Adrian Dunbar, Anton Lesser and more, brilliant, just brilliant

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I've watched the first 2 in this run, it really is good. I'm not familiar with these 4 plays at all, but I can now definitely see where George RR Martin got a lot of his ideas for Game of Thrones...

The People's Republic of Clogher
Sooooo, New Top Gear is basically Old Top Gear presented by two Richard Hammonds?

Deary me. The BBC had an opportunity to freshen up a tiring format and they've come up with Screechy and Mumbly doing impressions. It's a direction, I suppose.

It's actually made me look forward (a little) to The Grand Tour.

Wasn't this was what expected? I don't mean that in a 'they told us one thing but we all knew it was bollocks' way. I mean, literally, that all they've done and were saying they were going to do, was change the presenters? I'm just pleased they didn't try and jam in all the presenters in one episode. Maybe they've saved that for the last episode?

I finished off Follow The Money today. Good stuff and, for once, I really liked the way something finished. I know. I was surprised, too. Sadly, it also meant no more Natalie Madueno.

Wasn't this was what expected? I don't mean that in a 'they told us one thing but we all knew it was bollocks' way. I mean, literally, that all they've done and were saying they were going to do, was change the presenters? I'm just pleased they didn't try and jam in all the presenters in one episode. Maybe they've saved that for the last episode?
To be honest, I've not been paying the slightest bit of attention to the show's build up, but they've literally changed nothing, not even the 'Some say...' Stig jokes. We've thus gone from a show where the best thing about it was the chemistry between the presenters to one where they look like they've met 10 minutes beforehand. And it's all just so dreadfully safe - All we need now is Quentin Willson, or maybe the big bloke from the first series of Clarkson's TG, although as he might well have been murdered to make way for James May, that's a long shot.

I doubt we'll see more than one supply presenter each episode. Austerity!

I suppose they can't change the format because they don't know why it worked. Which was, as you say, the chemistry between the three presenters. It has to be safe because it's such a money spinner. I'm not standing up for the BBC on this one, the thing to do was kill it or completely remodel it. The former being the best idea, but I understand giving it another shot with other presenters. Maybe it'll become the TV version of The Sugarbabes?

If they replaced Matt LeBlanc (who seemed to be sucking in his gut even more than I did before I lost 2 stone) with Heidi Range, I'd be interested.

Anyone watch the pilot of Preacher? I thought it was pretty good. I didn't read anything about it beforehand, although I have read the graphic novels, but I was surprised to see Joseph Gilgun (Woody in This is England) as Cassidy. Slightly unconvincing Irish accent but I thought his actions and appearance were spot on.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Really loved this. Was always put off my the main guy and what I thought was going to be a largely silly based humour show, and although it is like that a lot, there's lots of great writing and subtle humour to make sure that it stays great and enough to my tastes to make it really enjoyable. Was looking for another short comedy series that would be an easy watch, and it was one of my housemate's who finally persuaded me to watch it. Already talked about quite a bit on here with Camo. My favourite character is by far Captain Holt, who I find hilarious in pretty much all his scenes.

Master of None

I think I saw one episode of this in parts a while back at a mate, and it didn't look particularly great. But then I heard some more good stuff, that it gets better as it goes along and so on, and in general it did. I like these kind of shows where a character ponders life and goes around trying to do different stuff. It's really like a New York version of Extras, one of my favourite shows. With the Colin Salmon stuff, you can't tell me Ansari hasn't seen the fantastic episode where Gervais' character meets Patrick Stewart. Really funny, really relatable in some parts, very relevant in the modern world of dating and friendships in general. I really enjoyed the "feminism" episode where it starts off some guy following back a women after a night out, I thought that episode was done really well. Must also say the music is absolutely superb, if Ansari had most say in this, then he has really good taste. Really cool show.

Flaked

Decided to watch this because I noticed it on Netflix and it has Will Arnett who is probably my favourite character in Arrested Development. I heard this got bad reviews, but I'm not really sure why. Another kind of flashy looking show but based on a smaller, personal story. I thought maybe at first I would be annoyed by the kind of "first world white guy problems" story that I think fails to work in some things that seem empty (Shame) but it really didn't annoy me at all. I think the main thing was Arnett's performance. He's a guy who lives what seems a really easy life, great place, enjoyable lifestyle, he gets with lots of attractive women, has good friends etc. but even from episode one you can tell he is a troubled person, he felt to me like someone who despite all this lived in empty life, was never happy with himself, possibly depressed and seeking a happiness he wasn't sure if he could get. Was not surprised to learn afterwards that apparently Arnett is an alcoholic in real life so writing the show was really personal for him. Almost all the plot twists I saw from a mile off, but I don't think they were intended to shock or add dramatic value that much, I thought they all worked and made complete sense in the context of the story.

Anyone watch the pilot of Preacher? I thought it was pretty good.
For the first half of the episode, I wasn't sure whether I liked it or not. It was intriguing, but didn't quite grab me. I was not expecting the airplane scene at all. I had head of the Preacher comic series but aside from being vaguely familiar with the names and looks of a few characters, I knew very little about it so I had no idea what to expect.

I did really like the latter part of the episode though, particularly the bar scene with Custer and Cassidy, so I'm very interested in seeing what the next few episodes are like. If I like it enough, I'll probably track down the books as well. I know one of the local shops had a pile of them in the clearance section not long ago.

Really glad you liked Master of None Daniel . Either that or Mr.Robot was my favourite new show from last year. Can't wait for the second season.

I really enjoyed the "feminism" episode where it starts off some guy following back a women after a night out,
Great episode. I had no idea where they were going with that throughout.

Also can i ask if you still don't like Jake or has he grown on you?

I'll try out Flaked, sounds good and G.O.B is also my favourite AD character. Arnett has been good in everything i've seen him in, he has a really great recurring role in 30 Rock.

Anyone watch the pilot of Preacher?
Not yet, i may try it tonight. I am pretty scared though haha, because it is all relying on how Cooper as Jesse is like, if he isn't right for me i know i won't like it even if everything else is done well.

If they replaced Matt LeBlanc (who seemed to be sucking in his gut even more than I did before I lost 2 stone) with Heidi Range, I'd be interested.
I thought LeBlanc was the best thing about it.

I finished off Follow The Money today. Good stuff and, for once, I really liked the way something finished. I know. I was surprised, too. Sadly, it also meant no more Natalie Madueno.
At least they'll make a second season

Anyone here tried the show Billions? I watched the first episode earlier and thought it was pretty good. I've been interested in it ever since i read an article about the guy Giamatti's character is loosely based on a few months back. It didn't blow me away or anything but i think it has potential, and i love Giamatti and like Damien Lewis so i think i'll continue.

I'm waiting for Orphan Black to finish so I can binge watch it. But I recently watched Documentary Now on Netflix which was great. Also, has anyone else heard of The Mick? It's going to be on Fox starring the chick from Always Sunny. I saw a trailer, looks like it could be right up my alley.