MoFo Fantasy Baseball '16 - The Regular Season

Tools    

Yeah, I'd be doing it for all the wrong reasons, too. Just really fun to watch a player blossom in front of you like this. We got to see it with Cutch and Cole, and it's a really special thing to see develop.

Been trying to climb out of the bottom, and today will tell the tale. I have 3 pitchers going - Matz vs Brewers, Nola vs Braves, and the Rays newbie Andriese @ Detroit. I probably shouldnt start Andriese, but I am. Hopefully Miggy will hit his homers after he leaves the game.

My waiver gem Odubel Herreras got a sore back, and A-Rod was supposed to be back yesterday yet still isnt activated. Might have to run with Owings & Yan Gomes.

Oh. Im sure it went by with no notice, but I used my #1 waiver slot on Rubby DeLaRosa. Hopefully hes a keeper

A system of cells interlinked
What is this?? My CATCHER hit a HR?

How can this be?

Oh yea, I got rid of that bum, Martin.

When I have three starters going I just know my benched reliever is bound to get a three inning hold and my third starter will give up five in three.

When I have three starters going I just know my benched reliever is bound to get a three inning hold and my third starter will give up five in three.
I have 4 starters going tomorrow. My ERA & Whip are all buckled in for any expected freefall.

Maybe this was an underrated aspect of Tongo's temporary "All-Rays" strategy where he was always guaranteed one and only SP per day.

Maybe this was an underrated aspect of Tongo's temporary "All-Rays" strategy where he was always guaranteed one and only SP per day.
It would have been perfect. Have my team throw each day earning for my fantasy team watching it all on tv, but no. Moore cant get into his old groove, Odorizzis not dominant hardly ever now, Smyly imo is hurt from an injury he opted not to get surgery for last year, Andriese doesnt get much in K's and might lose his spot when Cobbs back, and Archer. Well its safe to say youll get the best out of Chris this season, youd think.

A system of cells interlinked
I replaced a couple of guys that were especially harsh in the AVG and OBP department. Hopefully the new blood can repair some of the damage that has been done to those stats on my card...

http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2016/05/24/...itch-thumbs-up

Miguel Cabrera giving Jeremy Hellickson the thumbs up after being struck out by him. It wasnt a thumbs up but I saw him do something like this a few seasons ago when facing Alex Cobb. Cobb thru a sinker that was so sick that Miggy actually looked at him and went "Wow!". I then immediately got out of my chair, and offered Aroldis Chapman to Yoda for Cobb.

They did a study in baseball on body language of a batter after a pitcher strikes them out. 99% of the time theyll walk back to the dugout head held low, or will stare/glare at the pitcher. The last thing they want to look at is the dugout, they dont want to see their coach or teammates. So I think its safe to say that Miggy is in the 1%.

Ive 4 pitchers Im sure of Kershaw, Matz, Nola, & Velasquez. My other 2 steady starters have yet to be determined.

CC Sabathia has looked like he's in his prime the past 3 outings - 19 ip, 19 Ks, 1.89 ERA, 1.05 Whip, and 3 QS's. If he can make it past Toronto tonight (on my bench) then he'll be a keeper.

Matt Wisler has been fantastic this season, but hes not strong for K's. Supposedly an easy matchup tonight vs the Brewers. Might drop him after.

Jeremy Hellickson, the only reason Ill hesitate keeping him is Ive got 2 Philly pitchers on my staff already. Technically it doesnt matter as Quality Starts can be gotten with poor offensive teams, but I dont know if Ill keep Hellboy.

At first I thought it was a bad picture, but found hes got a "lazy eye". I was gonna nab Julio Urias but Yoda got that worm first. Debuting tomorrow at age 19. Sandy Koufax and Don Drysdale did too.

Exciting guy to own, given how he's tearing up the minors. But as is my wont, I'm willing to deal the upside for a safe, solid player.

EDIT: I mean, maybe. The more I read about this guy the more excited I get, so it's tempting to see what he can do first.

Exciting guy to own, given how he's tearing up the minors. But as is my wont, I'm willing to deal the upside for a safe, solid player.
A player like....Jeremy Hellickson!

Wouldn't shock me if Hellickson ends up being useful, he's always had good stuff. I'd probably be aiming a bit higher, though, given Urias' upside.

Id probably be willing to give you Velasquez for him, but Urias is only up to fill in temporarily, most likely.