Recast your favorite movies

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I don't think it was ever established that Columbo had a glass eye.
So I think Falk was playing a two-good-eyed character. Therefore his glass eye was indeed playing a real eye on the show.
Unless of course they acknowledged the glass eye (since I never saw every episode, I don't know).

As far as I know, his glass eye was never mentioned in the show "Columbo".

However, I don't know if it's a true story or just an urban legend story, but supposedly when Peter Falk was a kid, he played in a Little League game, and when the umpire called him out, he pulled out his glass eye and handed it to the umpire and said something like "Here, you need this more than me".

I have seen all the 70's episodes, but not all the nineties/noughties ones (they were bad). It was never mentioned in the 70's. Personally I agree that he was playing a two-eyed man.

As probably my favourite US show I would hate to see Falk replaced. I mean he IS Columbo.

I have seen all the 70's episodes, but not all the nineties/noughties ones (they were bad). It was never mentioned in the 70's. Personally I agree that he was playing a two-eyed man.

As probably my favourite US show I would hate to see Falk replaced. I mean he IS Columbo.
Well, my post was just a joke (kind of inspired by your casting of Dwayne Johnson)!

Well, my post was just a joke (kind of inspired by your casting of Dwayne Johnson)!
I know, but I just got that horrible gut-wrenching thought of some Studio Execs sitting around a board table looking at spreadsheets and discussing casting options.

or Columbo starring Jesse Ventura.
I remember seeing a Sky advert with Al Pacino and thinking – he should play Columbo.

I remember seeing a Sky advert with Al Pacino and thinking – he should play Columbo.
LOL! Falk always stayed low key, whereas Pacino would have to do his classic start-out-low then build to a crescendo of yelling rage!

"Oh... uh, sorry to bother you again, Judge Flemming... I just thought of one more thing... if you had put the candleabra in the dining room, then how did the revolver get taped to the back of the toilet in the bathroom? That's what I can't figure out. The one thing that bothered me... the one thing that stayed in my mind and haunted me was... how? Apparently, after your wife saw you go into the dining room, it was you who then got the gun from the bathroom and it was YOU, your honor, who killed both Captain McCluskey and Mr. Sollozzo in the dining room... with the gun you got from the bathroom. But the Prosecutor is not going to get you today, Judge Flemming... no... because I'M GONNA TO GET YOU! You, the honorable Henry T. Flemming should go RIGHT TO F%^&ING JAIL!!! YOU SONNUVA B*TCH, YOUR GUILTY!!! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO STAND FOR SOMETHIN'! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO PROTECT PEOPLE! YOU'RE A SADIST! YOU'RE AN ABSENTEE LANDLORD! SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND! - ATTICA! - ATTICA!!!"

OZ (TV Series 1987-1993):
Billy Dee Williams as Warden Leo Glynn

Patrick Stewart as Vern Schillinger

Billy Bob Thornton as Tobias Beecher

John Travolta as Ryan O'Reily

Rod Steiger as Bob Rebadow

James Woods as Tim McManus

Betty White as Sister Peter Marie

Laurence Fishburne as Augustus Hill

Denzel Washington as Kareem Said

Antonio Banderas as Miguel Alvarez

Maria Conchita Alonso as Dr.Gloria Nathan

Jack Nicholson as Agamemnon Busmalis

Sylvestar Stallone as Chucky Pancamo

Mel Gibson as Cyril O'Reily

Michael Keaton as Chris Keller

Patrick Swayze as James Robson

Catherine O'Hara as Claire Howell

Eric Roberts as Jaz Hoyt

Tony Todd as Simon Adebisi

John Heard as Governor James Devlin

Joaquim de Almeida as Enrique Morales

Noah Emmerich as Timmy Kirk

Morgan Freeman as Burr Redding

Kim Basinger as Diane Whittlesey

Samuel L.Jackson as Omar White

Mickey Rourke as Frank 'The Fixer' Urbano

Robert Loggia as Nino Schibetta

Michael Ironside as Yuri Kosygin

The Gangs of New York - 1982
Ray Liotta as Amsterdam Vallon
Michael Caine as Bill the Butcher
Ellen Barkin as Jenny
Sean Connery as Priest Vallon
Max Von Sydow as William Tweed
M.Emmet Walsh as Walter McGinn

Catch Me If You Can - 1962
Jack Nicholson as Frank Abagnale Jr.
Gregory Peck as Carl Hanratty
John Wayne as Frank Abagnale Sr.
James Cagney as Roger Strong
Diane Ladd as Brenda Strong
Ellen Burstyn as Cheryl Ann

The Sting - 2003

Tom Hanks as Henry Gondorf
Brad Pitt as Johnny Hooker
Gary Oldman as Doyle Lonnegan
John Goodman as William Snyder
Morgan Freeman as Luther Coleman

Jaws - 1995
Kurt Russell as Chief Martin Brody
Paul Giamatti as Hooper
Tommy Lee Jones as Quint
Frances McDormand as Ellen Brody

Charade (2016)

Peter Joshua/Alexander Dyle/Adam Canfield/Brian Cruikshank: Ewan McGregor

Regina Lampert: Emily Blunt

Tex Panthollow: Ben Foster

Herman Scobie: Aaron Paul

Leopold Gideon: Richard Schiff

Hamilton Bartholomew: Josh Brolin

The Master (2016)

Paul Thomas Anderson => Steve McQueen

Joquain Phoenix => Michael Shannon

Philip Seymour Hoffman => Kevin Spacey

Amy Adams => Rosamund Pike

PULP FICTION (1994)

Judd Nelson as Vincent Vega (The role of Vincent revitalized the career of John Travolta. Judd was great as John Bender in The Breakfast Club and it's too bad his career diminished soon after. I think Tarantino could have easily brought him back)

Denzel Washingston as Jules Winnfield (Who better to utter the line " It's the one that says Bad Mother F**ker" aside from Samuel Jackson than Denzel?)

Marisa Tomei as Mia Wallace (Marisa was/is a hot actress! She would have been sexier playing Mia than Uma)

Michael Clark Duncan as Marcellus Wallace (I just thought of a black actor who has the body and voice that suits the deep-voiced and heavy set nature of Ving Rhames)

Sylvester Stallone as Butch Coolidge (Sly was considered to play Butch before Bruce Willis was cast. I always thought he would have done great, playing a boxer and killing a bunch of baddies nonetheless)

Joe Pesci as Winston Wolf (Admit it, Pesci would have killed in this role, and he would have easily upstaged the great Harvey Keitel. I can imagine him uttering the line "Let's not start sucking each other's d**ks yet" and I can't stop laughing)

John Cusack as Pumpkin (Tim Roth was fantastic! I think Cusack, who's known to do long monologues in his movies very well, would delivered the whole conversation on robbing diners versus robbing liquor stores and banks with flair)

Meg Ryan as Honey Bunny (I just thought of another actress other than Amanda Plummer who could deliver the line "I gotta go pee, I wanna go home" in a cute way, and Meg Tyan immediately came to mind)

Adam Sandler as Lance (Vincent's drug dealer Lance yelled a lot, and Eric Stoltz did a great job yelling and screaming in the moment of panic. The only actor I imm thought of who is a superb yeller, and pretty much yells in almost every single one of his movies, is Adam Sandler. Aside from the yelling, Adam's awkwardness would have been perfect for a character who sells and takes drugs)

Madonna as Jody (Rosanna Arquette tried to imitate Madonna in the movie Desperately Seeking Susan. I think the real Madonna would easily pulled off playing a drug dealer's wife who's obsessed with piercings and using her studded tongue for fellatio)

Cyndi Lauper as Trudy (Trudy had a tiny irrelevant part in the film. But she shared the screen with Jody, who would be played by Madonna. Why not cast another 80's pop star to share the screen with biggest pop star ever?)

Reese Witherspoon as Fabianne (I threw Reese into this role because I coul think of anybody else)

Val Kilmer as Zed (A bad cop with a cool motorbike who is also a sexual deviant and a rapist. This part has Val Kilmer written all over it, not that he's any of those nasty things, but he's got the look for it)

Charlie Sheen as Maynard (A perverted second hand store clerk who is also a sexual deviant. Why not Charlie?)

Steve Buscemi as Jimmy (Only Steve can deliver a line like, "Did you notice a sign out in front of my house that says 'dead n***er storage'?" and make it sound just as funny as the way Tarantino delivered it, and even funnier)

Al Pacino as Captain Koons (I thought of another legendary actor like Christopher Walken who could deliver an awkward and completely inappropriate, hilarious, and detailed conversation to a child about a gold watch being shoved up many people's asses, including his own, before getting to him, and who better than Pacino. My second choice for this part would be Robert Deniro)
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 and 2:

Minister Rufus Scrimgeour: Paul McGann
Yaxley: Michael Palin
Dolohov: David Tennant
Rowle: Marc Warren
Alecto Carrow: Gillian Anderson
Amycus Carrow: Marc Baylis
Mundungus Fletcher: Dan Starkey
Bathilda Bagshot: Jennifer Hill
Aberforth Dumbledore: Ian McKellan

Collateral
John Boyega replacing Jamie Foxx
Tom Hardy replacing Tom Cruise
Ed Skrein replacing Jason Statham

Lilies of the Field
Chadwick Boseman replacing Sidney Poitier
Nastassja Kinski replacing Lilia Skala

At long last I think I've been able to hone my Blade Runner cast down. Wherever possible I've tried to keep to the age of the original actors:

Deckard – Karl Urban
Rachael – Mary Elizabeth Winstead
Tyrell – Mark Rylance
Batty – Thure Lindhardt
Pris – Kaya Scodelario
Leon – Michael Shannon
Gaff – Gael García Bernal
Holden – Timothy Olyphant
Zhora – Rachel Nichols
J.F. Sebastian – Martin Freeman
Bryant – Dean Norris
Chew – John Lone

The Man from UNCLE (1988)

Napoleon Solo: Pierce Brosnan

Illya Kuryakin: Sean Bean

Gaby Teller: Nastassja Kinski

Victoria Vinciguerra: Kristen Scott Thomas

Alexander Waverly: Sean Connery

Uncle Rudi: Ronald Lacey

Saunders: Jeremy Brett

Beverly Hills Cop (2016)

Axel Foley: John Boyega

Detective Billy Rosewood: Armie Hammer

Sergeant John Taggart: Ben McKenzie

Jenny Summers: Jennifer Lawrence

Lieutenant Andrew Bogamil: Daniel Craig

Victor Maitland: Til Schweiger

Zach: David Giuntoli

The Hitcher (1970)

Jim Halsey: Kurt Russell

Nash: Cybill Shepherd

John Ryder: Robert Shaw

It's not a favorite, per se, but it's one I can do.

British Death Of A Salesman (1991):

Willy Loman: Bob Hoskins

Linda Loman: Brenda Blethyn

Biff Loman: Sean Bean

Happy Loman: Cary Elwes

Charley: Edward Hardwicke

Bernard: Hugh Grant

Uncle Ben: Anthony Hopkins

Miss Francis: Kristen Scott Thomas

Howard Wagner: Colin Firth