B-Movie HoF

Tools    

Hard Ticket to Hawaii

It's always a good move for a movie to have an abundance of topless blondes, but I had a lingering question for the first hour; how come none of these hos go bottomless? We finally get an ass shot but they forgot the floorcam. It's a crap movie, as expected, but there's fun to be had. Did anyone else notice that they were stealing lines from previous movies? I thought that was a nice touch. Lol at the snake, theme song, and much more.

Verdict: Fair

Miami Connection

All of the good and bad qualities you would hope for and expect from a movie like this. The bad dialogue is a standout, while the fight choreography and music is some of the worst I've ever seen, but of course in a good way. A lot of priceless facial expressions as well. Consistently fun from start to finish.

Verdict: Good

And I'm all done and will send in my list. Every movie was fun to watch!

Halfway through Ghost Ship and it's the exact opposite of what a b-movie is.

Derek, "b-movie" doesn't stand for "bad-movie," just so you know.

Ghost Ship -

There are movies I dislike for various reasons but I can still appreciate them for at least trying to be unique or interesting. The worst offense a filmmaker can make is to be entirely dull and without any artistic merit. That's exactly what this movie is. I champion even, say, Ed Wood Jr's work more than this film - at least he was going for something. At least his films are interesting and peculiar. There's nothing to this film. It's boring and full of cliches. I had a hard time getting through it. Sorry Derek.

Ghost Ship
To not waste my time, this was awful. I will ALWAYS give a B movie a pass if it at least has originality and effort, regardless of how well it turned out. Ghost Ship has none of either. Also not a B-movie. It had a 20M budget and got a wide release. It bombed because people hated it. Which they should.

I am not going to deny someone their guilty pleasure. Hell my favorite guilty pleasure is Rock of Ages. And that movie is awful! But the thing about this flick is while I can see this being a guilty pleasure, it is not really a B movie. It does not really have that over the top, cheap, and or cheesy feel. Now that being said the movie had some high points. I thought the main villain was kinda cool. Basically an evil Charon. But there is a lot of con's. While many a bad movie have terrible acting, when it can be forgiven is usually when they are from inexperienced acting or are going for over the top. This flick has legit actors who can give great performances, but are either phoning it in, or just have horrible direction. I mean we have Gabriel Byrne, a pre Dredd Karl Urban, and a post ER Julianna Margulies. And while their is some nudity, there is not nearly enough by B movie standards. Does not really do much for me. Sorry Derek.

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
I'm watching Blood Feast tomorrow because my buddies coming over and he wants to watch it too. I watched half of the Exterminator earlier, but will have to re-watch it because I forgot to pause it when I made dinner and missed it. I should have my list all wrapped by Sunday afternoon.

Even though I am done with the movie, I still find myself listening to Dragon Sound on YouTube.

Especially this song.

I need to see if they got an album. Cuz iTunes does not have a download.

I'm not even in this, but Nope, I just had to compliment the way you set up your main post . . . here!
That is very nice and organized. Way to go, dear! I've always wanted the movies in each theme to be linked in the main post, as well as anything else that's available, helpful, etc . . . You went all out. Very nice.

I haven't heard of the most of these films. I own and love stuff like C.H.U.D., The Wraith, Critters, Chopping Mall, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes (OK, I don't love this one!), Invaders From Mars (Plus the remake!), Tentacles . . . I could go on forever. At one time, I really wanted to do this theme. I'm just burned out, at the moment. Oh well! I'll say it again. Great job!

I need to see if they got an album. Cuz iTunes does not have a download.
Take your You Tube link here . . . You Tube <~> MP3.

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?

Hail the Mother of Veiled Darkness!

Blood Feast(1963)
Director:
Herschell Gordon Lewis
Starring: Mal Arnold and Connie Mason.

So I watched this with my friend the other day and I couldn't believe that he actually really enjoyed it, which was a pleasant surprise because he's one of those people that only really likes modern horror. I remember having seen the second one first in 2002, but not until about five years ago had I watched the original, and honestly I immediately enjoyed it more than the second.

I find the plot of this film is actually quite inventive and even more so for its time, the resurrection of Ishtar angle works well as a means to an end for the murders Dr Ramses commits(What an a-hole by the way) Also they used and created some decent set, and good gore. I also believe the characters provide an awesome framework for what would eventually be the slasher genre. As this film is often cited as one of if not the first slasher film, the visual effects are well done for the time period. For some reason I really like the score, the ambiance works very well with the overall tone of the film which in itself I find to be quite visceral. However it's not as powerful today in a market where gore is seemingly gold, I think the magic might be lost on certain people, but for anyone who enjoys a classic, that is what it will stay.

Glad you liked it. I agree that the film was quite progressive in many ways.

The Dungeonmaster

For whatever it's worth, by favorite part was the beginning scene, which apparently was not part of the original movie. The entire first 10 minutes is people running, but that intro was mysterious and well framed running. I enjoyed a few of the 7 sequences, like the car one at the end, the mistaken murder, and the statue coming to life, but it didn't come together for me. A couple of the segments were dead space, and the rest were predictable and boring. Fun enough to like, but too inconsistent to love.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
The Dungeonmaster

Fun enough to like, but too inconsistent to love.

Which makes it perfect for this HOF!!!!

Suspect's Reviews

Filmmaking eclipsed in 1987 with the release of Miami Connection. No film before or since has had the language of cinema so deeply rooted in its being. You think Citizen Kane was a great film? You think Godard challenged cinematic conventions? You think Star Wars was the birth of a new era of cinema? Well, then, you probably haven't seen this film.

Miami Connection: an incredibly profound meditation on life, death, and ass-kicking.