Metalheads Song Tournament

Tools    

Originally Posted by Guaporense
DragonForce is such a corny name for a band.
But it's so fun and over the top! Sometimes the corny stuff is the best.

Originally Posted by Guaporense
While Judas Priest provided the basic ingredients for speed metal, thrash metal and power metal. It was the slower sound of Black Sabbath that provided the basic ingredients for Doom Metal. Another very important subgenre of metal.

And out of thrash metal, death metal and black metal evolved. Hence the basic genres of metal were already developed by the late 1980's:

Heavy metal and its basic subgenres Speed Metal, Thrash Metal, Power Metal, Doom Metal. Death Metal and Black Metal.
Here's a question: Where does Symphonic Metal fit into all of this?

Derek was pretty hyped, I thought.
He always does this. If he sees that his songs are losing and he's gonna lose the whole tournament, he drops out. He plays to win. I can't really blame him - I often do, too. Miraculously, losing doesn't make me drop out, though, for some reason. It's such a Sexy Celebrity thing that Sexy Celebrity doesn't actually do.

He always does this. If he sees that his songs are losing and he's gonna lose the whole tournament, he drops out. He plays to win. I can't really blame him - I often do, too. Miraculously, losing doesn't make me drop out, though, for some reason. It's such a Sexy Celebrity thing that Sexy Celebrity doesn't actually do.

Well I admit it kinda sucks to have your favorites passed over, but I also think it kinda sucks to eject yourself from an airplane while it's still pressurized and there are 7 other people onboard.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
And before reading this thread I thought I am a music smug

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
I've been busy playing the new season for Diablo 3. Sorry i'm a bit late SC.

Round 1 Day 3

1.Bathory - Valhalla (No contest)
2.Judas Priest - You've got another thing comin'
3. Death - Bite the pain
4. Blasphemy - Goddess of Perversity
5. Ensiferum - Heathen Throne
6. Cannibal Corpse - Mangled (I don't like either band though)
7. Metallica - For Whom the Bell Tolls
8. Manowar - Kings of Metal (Although I don't care for power metal at all)

Round 1 Day 4

9. Napalm Death - FETO
10. Beherit - Gate of Nanna
11. Archgoat - The Light Devouring Darkness
12. DSO - Third Prayer
13. Judas Priest - Hellrider
14. White Medal - Modern Law
15. GBK - Slums of Jerusalem
16. Cathedral - Soul Sacrifice

Season 5, introduction of set dungeons, new gear and no seasonal only legendaries anymore. They're giving everyone who completes all four chapters of challenges a full set of class gear for one character, new portrait, new pets. And the new patch adds a couple new areas, gear and some rune changes.

Season 5, introduction of set dungeons, new gear and no seasonal only legendaries anymore. They're giving everyone who completes all four chapters of challenges a full set of class gear for one character, new portrait, new pets. And the new patch adds a couple new areas, gear and some rune changes.
Damn. I gotta get back on that.

Round 1 - Day 3&4

1. Rules of Nature by Jason Miller vs. Bathory - Valhalla

I'm not the biggest fan of Bathory. That song was okay, and at least it's Metal.

2. 3 Inches of Blood - Deadly Sinners vs Judas Priest - You've Got Another THing Commin'

Neither of these interested me, but 3 Inches of Blood had some decent solos. Judas Priest were really boring.

3. Death - Bite the Pain vs Halo by Martin O'Donnell & Michael Sal

4. Blasphemy - Goddess of Perversity vs Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell

Blasphemy were pretty interesting; nice and heavy too.

5. Ensiferum - Heathen Throne vs Dragonforce - Heroes of Our Time

I considerably liked Ensiferum more.

6. Cannibal Corpse - Mangled vs Avenged Sevenfold - Chapter Four

Not only is Avenged Sevenfold's second album, Waking the Fallen, not Metal, but it isn't even Metalcore. It's Post-Hardcore. The only Avenged Sevenfold album I like is Sounding the Seventh Trumpet. If you'd picked a song off that album I probably would have voted it despite being not remotely Metal. I am not terribly fond of that Cannibal Corpse album either, but at least it's Metal and at least it's better than that Avenged Sevenfold song.

7. Aspid - Towards One Goal vs Metallica - For Whom the Bell Tolls

Aspid are a Russian Thrash/Death Metal band that blew me away when I first discovered them. Metallica don't interest me at all, sorry. They never have and they never will.

8. System of a Down - Toxicity vs Manowar - Kings of Metal

When I was a teenager System of a Down had some novelty. Now I just see them as wigger music for entry level plebians. I'm not a Manowar fan. They are a bit boring, but hey, at least they're Metal.

9. Napalm Death - From Enslavement to Obliteration vs Between the Buried and Me - Foam Born: The Decade of Statues

That Between the Buried and Me song was actually pretty good. I haven't really listened to them much, but I liked it. I like Napalm Death a lot more though, so they still get my vote.

10. Beherit - Gate of Nanna vs Dokken - Into the Fire

Well, Dokken gave me that typical Heavy Metal/Power Metal vibe. I don't really know much about that kind of Metal. Judging from the sound I'm leaning towards Power Metal. They were okay, but a little boring for me personally. Beherit on the other hand... well I really thoroughly enjoyed it. I haven't heard anything of theirs earlier than Drawing Down the Moon. I really like the raw old-school authentic Black Metal nature the band has. I liked it much more than Drawing Down the Moon. I will have to check out more of their old material. Which is what I'm doing now that I've finished the list. Dawn of Satan's Millenium is really good.

11. Archgoat - The Light Devouring Darkness vs Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train

I don't like Ozzy. Archgoat were pretty interesting. I was digging the gutteral vocals and the overall rawness and heaviness of the music.

12. Motorhead - Ace of Spades vs Deathspell Omega - Third Prayer

Motorhead are a band I've never really listened to, mostly because they don't appeal to me. But they are not bad. I find I'm becoming more willing to listen to and appreciate this kind of music. It doesn't excite me or get me particularly interested, but it's not bad at all.

Deathspell Omega are one of my favorite Black Metal bands at the moment. I was reading the lyrics and I wonder, AboveTheClouds, you may know this, are those from the satanic bible or something?

13. Judas Priest - Hellrider vs Dragonforce - Through the Fire and the Flames

Well that Dragonforce song was a bit better than the last one. I've heard it before. The speed of their finger work is pretty impressive. I just don't really care for their music personally. Judas Priest are not a band I'm terribly fond of, but this song was better than probably anything else of theirs I've heard so far. I used to really dislike them, but I feel like I can appreciate their talent here.

14. Judas Priest - Jawbreaker vs White Medal - Modern Law

Well I didn't like this Judas Priest song as much as Hellrider, but it was okay. White Medal were one of the very first bands that got me interested in Black Metal. I really like the Hardcore influence in their sound. I used to think they were an UnBlack Metal band because of their name. White Metal is another term used to refer to UnBlack Metal. But I more recently learned that their themes and lyrics revolve around paganism.

15. Gojira - Backbone vs Grand Belial's Key - Slums of Jerusalem

This was the toughest choice for me this round. Both songs were really good, but I think I will have to give the edge to Gojira. I liked it's sheer heaviness and I found myself generally more interested in the song's riffs and overall structure. I liked Belial's Key's harsher vocals over Gojira's deeper vocals, but I wasn't too crazy about the echo effect.

16. Cathedral - Soul Sacrifice vs Daisuke Ishiwatari - Gluttony Fang

Cathedral were pretty interesting. I haven't heard them before, good stuff Swan. Gluttony Fang was probably the most tolerable of Omnizoa's songs so far. I didn't mind it, but Cathedral were way better.

Man, that was a lot of music to go through in one sitting...

ROUND 1 SURVIVORS

SWAN
Neurosis - Eye
Gojira - Backbone
Animals as Leaders - CAFO
Death - Bite the Pain
Cathedral - Soul Sacrifice

OMNIZOA
Nightmare to Remember by Dream Theater

ABOVETHECLOUDS
Lord Gore - Rape Camp
Archgoat - The Light Devouring Darkness
Beherit - Gate of Nanna
Thergothon - Elemental

GUAPORENSE
Iron Maiden - Paschendale
Judas Priest - Hellrider
Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell
Helloween - Ride the Sky
Bathory - Valhalla
Kreator - Pleasure to Kill
Slayer - Chemical Warfare
Ensiferum - Heathen Throne

SEXY CELEBRITY
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Death - Spiritual Healing

THE GUNSLINGER45
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
3 Inches of Blood - Deadly Sinners
Austrian Death Machine - Get to the Choppa
Cannibal Corpse - Mangled
Anthrax - Medusa
Manowar - Kings of Metal
Judas Priest - Jawbreaker

DEREK VINYARD
Metallica - For Whom The Bell Tolls

ZOTIS
Deathspell Omega - Third Prayer
Death - Suicide Machine
SubRosa - Borrowed Time, Borrowed Eyes
Napalm Death - From Enslavement to Obliteration

Originally Posted by Zotis
When I was a teenager System of a Down had some novelty. Now I just see them as wigger music for entry level plebians.
>_>

Originally Posted by Zotis
Gluttony Fang was probably the most tolerable of Omnizoa's songs so far.
Same on Borrowed Time, Borrowed Eyes.

Get to the Choppa by Austrian Death Machine

Nightmare to Remember by Dream Theater

Paranoid by Black Sabbath

Heathen Throne by Ensiferum

Ride the Sky by Helloween

Elemental by Thergothon

Hellrider by Judas Priest

Tough.

For Whom The Bell Tolls by Metallica

1. Cathedral - Soul Sacrifice
2. Metallica - Master of Puppets
3. DSO - Third Prayer
4. Ensiferum - Heathen Throne
5. Lord Gore - Rape Camp
6. Thergothon - Elemental
7. Judas Priest - Hellrider
8. Napalm Death - FETO

Yes, but no because Ride the Lightening>Master of Puppets

And for the record I would like to state that Exodus/Testament/Dark Angel/Vio-lence>>>>>>Metallica/Megadeth/Other bay area thrash.

I will change it though.

A system of cells interlinked
Damn, just saw this...sorry I missed it!