Actors that instantly turn you off a film

Tools    

Into her late twenties, Angelina Jolie excited the senses ... and stimulated the imagination. But somewhere in her 30's, something happened to her face, her looks. Like her cheeks hollowed out, or her eyes sunk in, or something, it's hard to describe ... like the babyfat in her face melted away. And as this was going on, her movies started to suffer in quality, as well. While she was so cool, with her freaky ways, before ... she started losing her edge, her uniqueness. She was such a tiger, before but ended up becoming just another fake, pretentious, eccentric celebrity, same as all the rest. But she'd had a good run. For a while there, she was truly interesting and quite a draw. Now, though, the very thought of wasting 2 hours of my life on any of her vanity projects instantly turns me off.

It used to be Jamie Foxx until Django Unchained. I still think he's an overrated actor.

Other actors who are turn-offs:

Gerard Butler
Gabriel Byrne
Holly Hunter
Helen Hunt
David Arquette
Liev Schreiber
Jennifer Lopez

Lately, it's been...

Mark Wahlberg
Will Ferrell
Kevin Hart

Hugh Grant
Russell Crowe
Michael Cera
Jack Black
Rob Schneider
Martin Lawrence
Janeane Garofalo
Brendan Fraser
Alec Baldwin
Pauly Shore
Russell Brand
Sarah Silverman
Tom Green
Shia LaBeouf

Edgar Allan Poe

I don't get the appeal. I find him actually rather unattractive and have never been particularly impressed with his acting either.

Have you seen 21 Grams? I think he was amazing in that, for my money, his best performance

A question about Ant-Man elsewhere on the site reminded me about Paul Rudd. I'll say one thing for him: when he played Phoebe's boyfriend in Friends I laughed when he unexpectedly trounced Monica and Chandler at table tennis and said "Oh yes, I forgot to mention – I'm awesome".

It used to be Jamie Foxx until Django Unchained. I still think he's an overrated actor.

Other actors who are turn-offs:

Gerard Butler
Gabriel Byrne
Holly Hunter
Helen Hunt
David Arquette
Liev Schreiber
Jennifer Lopez

Lately, it's been...

Mark Wahlberg
Will Ferrell
Kevin Hart
I've been re-thinking my opinions on Mark Wahlberg a lot lately...I'm not sure if it's a matter of his actual talent or his ability to choose appropriate material for himself. There's some talent there, but like Eddie Murphy and Jim Carrey, this guy has appeared in a bunch of BAD movies...just watched another one yesterday...The Other Guys...there's a review of it on my review thread.

James Spader
Jake Gyllenhaal
Rob Schneider
Ben Stiller
Owen Wilson

Just to name a few.

You watched 30 Rock Captain? Obviously not a movie but i found him very likeable and entertaining in it. Alec Baldwin seems to be someone who appears alot in this type of thread, but i've not seen him in much so never understand why that is.

Master of My Domain
Not many actors instantly make me boil with hatred, but recently I found a new one: Jai Courtney.

You watched 30 Rock Captain? Obviously not a movie but i found him very likeable and entertaining in it. Alec Baldwin seems to be someone who appears alot in this type of thread, but i've not seen him in much so never understand why that is.

I think it's his real life persona that's the turn off - his politics and the recorded phone call when he called his daughter a "little pig." And he just seems very arrogant & inconsiderate in real life - there was an incident where a plane he was on couldn't take off because he refused to shut off his cell phone - he delayed the flight for all the other passengers and ended up getting thrown off the plane so it could take off. He's had many run-ins with common people where he's been rude - uttered sexist and anti-gay slurs, etc. He's been accused of physically accosting reporters, photographers and cab drivers.

James Spader
Jake Gyllenhaal
Rob Schneider
Ben Stiller
Owen Wilson

Just to name a few.
I'm agree with everyone you named except for Jake Gyllenhaal. He's an awesome actor

I think it's his real life persona that's the turn off - his politics and the recorded phone call when he called his daughter a "little pig." And he just seems very arrogant & inconsiderate in real life - there was an incident where a plane he was on couldn't take off because he refused to shut off his cell phone - he delayed the flight for all the other passengers and ended up getting thrown off the plane so it could take off. He's had many run-ins with common people where he's been rude - uttered sexist and anti-gay slurs, etc. He's been accused of physically accosting reporters, photographers and cab drivers.
I was actually aware of everything there except the plane stuff. I must say none of that personally bothers me when i'm thinking about someone involved in film though, Chinatown and Rosemarys Baby are two big favourites of mine even though i have big problems with Polanski. If i thought either Jeepers Creeper were good then i still would regardless of what came out about that pos that made them, both are awful though.

I can see where you are coming from though, especially being from the States so being bombarded with that Alec Baldwin saga, if it was bigger over here i could see myself liking him less. All i've really seen him in is 30 Rock though, at least the only memorable thing and i found him very likable and entertaining in it.

I've never watched 30 Rock. I do remember Baldwin's intimidating speech in Glen Gary Glen Ross - it was some great acting in a great scene (only thing I remember about that movie), but it was an unlikable actor playing an unlikable character. I'm not saying he's not a good actor, but for me, I seem to sense his arrogance in his acting. I'm not saying I'll never be able to appreciate his work (like if I start watching 30 Rock) just that he's been for me what the topic title describes - an actor that turns me off.

I think there've been threads dedicated to trying to separate actor's personal lives from their work - and to what extent we're able or willing to do that. I've been a fan of Woody Allen, Mel Gibson and even Christian Bale in certain roles - but they've all had some distasteful episodes in their lives. I can still go back and watch their work and enjoy it without thinking about their real lives (especially if the films were made before their negative exploits).

Or what Bill Cosby is now to the right.
Good example.

I appreciated the conservative voice that Cosby once added to the black community - restoring family structure, positive communities, responsible fatherhood, advising people not to engage in the victim mentality or attitudes of entitlement. He spoke out against the criminal elements of the rap culture, against drug abuse, and youth foregoing education to join gangs.

Sad that all his good messages have been wiped away by scandal - apparently brought on by himself.