Cricket's 60 favorite TV shows

Tools    

I've never heard of the show Dirty Sanchez before. Maybe I'll try it tonight if it's on demand or YouTube.
Yeah it's worth checking out at least one episode.

Still need to watch True Detective I KNOW WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
God, I loved this show (I thought it was completely robbed at the Emmys last year). I've yet to see any of Season 2. I am hoping that it is somewhat as good as the first season was. But I think that first season is a hard one to live up to.

Season 1 of True Detective is phenomenal! A milestone in television.

Now, for season 2... Well, despite only being halfway through, it doesn't at all resemble the greatness of the first season. Basically, it has just turned into looking like every other cop/crime drama out there. 'Look' was maybe the wrong word, because I like the cinematography. I also love the actors and they do a fine job, but the characters are weak. Story is a mess.

But worthy pick, cricket, since the first season is so god damn good!

Master of My Domain
One night I was looking for a TV show to watch when I came across True Detective. I said to myself that I would only watch an episode or two, then go to sleep, but I practically ended up spending the entire night wide awake binge watching.

Dirty Sanchez was ok... Saw a few episodes and the movie—but you gotta admit it was just a big rip-off of Jackass and just wasn't as good.
Rip off? Sure. MTV saw what they done in the US and found a UK version. But it's much better than Jackass which, as I said before, is just too pranky and college for my taste.

The movie I wasn't that thrilled with, but I'd already stopped watching the series by then. I liked it when it was just small, basic and nasty.

There's plenty of it on youtube if you want to see it, cricket.

Agreed with HK, Dirty Sanchez is better. I also preferred Viva LA Bam to Jackass. Such a stupid show but I found it hilarious.

Completely agree with MM on True Detective. The first season was excellent, only watched the first four EPs of the second but it has been underwhelming to say the least. That's why I felt it was ridiculously high on our countdown based on one season.

That's why I felt it was ridiculously high on our countdown based on one season.
Yeah well, but won't you agree that the list is supposed to be based on current shows, whether they have been completed or not? Or else we would have to exclude every show entirely that hasn't aired to its end. I mean, even for a show running 3 seasons you can never know if it would drop a few places on the list if they f*cked way up on season 4...

Yeah well, but won't you agree that the list is supposed to be based on current shows, whether they have been completed or not? Or else we would have to exclude every show entirely that hasn't aired to its end. I mean, even for a show running 3 seasons you can never know if it would drop a few places on the list if they f*cked way up on season 4...
Yeah that's fair enough. More than anything I saw this second season coming a mile away and was pissed it finished ahead of much more deserving shows like Mad Men and even some I'm not a fan of. I mean I was baffled some people had it in their top fives based on one season. Then again it is their list

His late night show from the early 90's is legendary.
I never saw them when they aired, but they're all on Youtube and I've seen many of them. In fact, one of them inspired my use of The Moody Blues - Lovely to See You for Song Tournament 12. I considered using this video for it:

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Card carrying member of the Walter White chemistry club here.

That said, I still think it was a load of bullsnot that TD got snubbed for the emmy last year. That first season will likely never be surpassed.

I liked "Laverne and Shirley", but I didn't think it was as good as "Happy Days". (But Citizen Rules will agree with you.)
Happy Days better than Laverne & Shirley???

But they come with lots of beer!

And are saints

#15 Rock Star

When American Idol showed up on my list, Gbgoodies mentioned that there was a country version that she loved, but it didn't last long. Well this was a rock variation that only lasted 2 seasons, but I loved it. Each season a band would be taking the winner as their lead singer. The first season was INXS, and the second season was a supergroup with rockers Tommy Lee, Jason Newsted, and Gilby Clarke. This show had a lot of energy and awesome music.

Season 2 winner Lukas Rossi-

This is a performance from one of my favorite contestants, Dilana, absolutely awesome-

Now you're talking. So many sitcoms were about exposing or breaking down boundaries.
A lot of people never got the fact that the Honeymooners was the first Feminist comedy on TV before the word Feminist was in common usage.
Most people thought it was a show about a stupid bus driver with a big mouth and his goofy friend - but the majority of episodes were about Ralph learning the lesson that his wife was an equal partner in their marriage, and despite any domestic roles that society at the time dictated, that equality would ultimately be acknowledged and respected.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I was a big fan of "The Honeymooners" when I was younger, in fact, I watched the reruns every night, but it didn't stand the test of time for me. I have the DVD set of "The Honeymooners Classic 39 Episodes", but I rarely get the urge to watch it anymore. )

However when I did watch it, Ed Norton was easily the best character on the show.

I was a big fan of "The Honeymooners" when I was younger, in fact, I watched the reruns every night, but it didn't stand the test of time for me. I have the DVD set of "The Honeymooners Classic 39 Episodes", but I rarely get the urge to watch it anymore. )

However when I did watch it, Ed Norton was easily the best character on the show.
I find that as soon as you own something, you start to lose the urge to watch it. I think the thinking is like, "Now that I have it, I can watch it anytime... so let's see what else is on that I might be missing that I can't just watch anytime."

Yes, Art Carney was comic genius as Ed Norton (the weird thing, is I never found him funny in anything after that. He did do some sad movies in his later years.)