THE MOFO CHILL CLUB

Tools    

- I swear that's the coolest thing I've seen all year

Master of My Domain
All these top 50 and 100 lists have me wanting to post my new one.
I'm gonna post one in October to celebrate 1 year anniversary. Already completed half of the list.

Btw, MV get better soon. I don't want that pink eye to make you any more bitchier.

Btw, MV get better soon. I don't want that pink eye to make you any more bitchier.
I feel like I've actually been a lot less bitchy than usual these last two or three weeks. I think it's because I've been obsessively listening to upbeat pop music this whole time. It puts me in a better mood.

However, today was not a good day. At work, I spent 48 minutes on the phone with AT&T (most of which was spent on hold) trying to get an issue with the business lines sorted out. This was like the twelfth call I've had with them in the last two weeks trying to get this same issue fixed. I kind of lost my ***** with the customer service lady who was helping me, too, which I'm not proud of. But their idea of a customer service line is just one big cluster**** of a phone tree that sends you round in circles and every time you talk to somebody you have to explain the same situation over and over. Then they tell you that they can't help you but that they'll transfer you to somebody else who can and then the cycle repeats and nothing gets accomplished. Also their idea of holding "for a moment" means being stuck listening to the same obnoxious hold music for a good 10 minutes only to have them say "it'll be just one more moment' and put you back on hold for another 10 minutes.

Oh yeah, and my brilliant manager had me working with the two least experienced employees this afternoon, one of which just started working there yesterday. So I'm trying to juggle this infuriating phone call and attempting to instruct the new hire on what to do.

Fun times.

Master of My Domain
Ouch, that must have been real pain in the ass. I especially agree and can relate to your description of music that comes out while you receive customer service, it sounds like sh*t but once it enters your brain you can't get it out until the next day. And the people who answer your calls are always in some sort of down-beat mood, although I don't blame them much.

Was she like five, or what?
no she was 8. This was back in 1965. Dr Who was the scariest thing on tv (and it was scary) . We had no video or dvd don't forget, so seeing King Kong on the big screen was pretty effective.

Yeah, I'm sure that job really sucks and it wasn't that lady's fault but this company has some of the worst customer service I've encountered.

That 48 minute call was actually the third time I was on the phone with AT&T just today. I called this morning and fought my way through the phone tree and got somebody, only to be put on hold so long that the line eventually disconnected. So I called again and talked to somebody else, who told me that they couldn't help me but that they'd have someone who could help me call me back in about an hour. Well I got the call back (in the middle of my lunch break, of course), only this person didn't know WTF they were doing and told me that they'd transfer me to the right department. Well the hold message for whatever department that was said that the wait would be over an hour and that I could request a call back instead. So I did. Then they called back like three hours later and that was the 48 minute call which I still don't think solved anything.

Master of My Domain
Yeah... I wish I could say that.
Actually, I think it's because I have a freelancer job and it's part time, meaning I do it just to make some money for tuition and stuff like that. I could work as a receptionist for a few hours I guess but doing it all day would most likely drive me insane.

It is insanity inducing and when you say all day, it's the truth. My shift today started at 8:00 a.m. and ended at 7:00 p.m.

Miss V. I feel your frustration. The thing is you feel really bad when you get snippy with the person on the other end but you know damn well they're often on minimum wage and poorly trained.
My husband who is involved with our local community centre has an ongoing issue with their electricity provider that's been going on for months now. There's two meters, a daytime one and a cheaper night rate one and the company have got the readings the wrong way round. He keeps phoning them, explaining, sending photos, convincing the person that answers who then says they'll do something about it but when the next bill comes in it's still wrong. He's emailed the managing director who just got someone to phone back to say they were sorting it and didn't, so now he's acting on his threat to find another provider . I can't remember having all these problems when the leccy and gas companies were nationalised companies

Yikes, that sounds like a pain. I guess I should be thankful that my issue has been happening over a few weeks and not months.

Our problem is that at the beginning of the month we were informed that our old voicemail system was being discontinued and we had to switch over to their new one. Well we did that and then the voicemail didn't work at all. After several (also infuriating) calls to AT&T, I got the voicemail working, but then the call forwarding somehow got screwed up.

When a call comes in when our primary phone line is busy, it's supposed to forward the call to a secondary line. If that secondary line is also busy, the call is supposed to get forwarded to a third line. If all three lines are busy, it's supposed to go to voicemail. I've worked at this office for ten years. It's always worked like that until this stupid voicemail switch. Now if a call comes in and line one is busy, the call gets sent directly to voicemail instead of to the other lines. It's ridiculous. We're paying for three phone lines but can only use one of them. And whatever the hell went wrong is on their end but they're just sitting on their butts doing nothing about it.

Well today sucks.
I have to put the drops in five times a day. I've always had a terrible time putting anything into my eyes .
Me too but after wearing contacts for years now I can do anything

Oh Hang on this isn't about me get better soon

Yikes, that sounds like a pain. I guess I should be thankful that my issue has been happening over a few weeks and not months.

Our problem is that at the beginning of the month we were informed that our old voicemail system was being discontinued and we had to switch over to their new one. Well we did that and then the voicemail didn't work at all. After several (also infuriating) calls to AT&T, I got the voicemail working, but then the call forwarding somehow got screwed up.

When a call comes in when our primary phone line is busy, it's supposed to forward the call to a secondary line. If that secondary line is also busy, the call is supposed to get forwarded to a third line. If all three lines are busy, it's supposed to go to voicemail. I've worked at this office for ten years. It's always worked like that until this stupid voicemail switch. Now if a call comes in and line one is busy, the call gets sent directly to voicemail instead of to the other lines. It's ridiculous. We're paying for three phone lines but can only use one of them. And whatever the hell went wrong is on their end but they're just sitting on their butts doing nothing about it.
How annoying. I bet you're losing business too as a lot of people looking for a service will ring around and not bother with those going to answerphone.

Seems like a few of you are doing it the hard way atm. Hope it all clears up for you soon.

In other news, I feel quite good today. No idea why, so I won't question it.