What was the worst thing about the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy?

Tools    

What is the worst thing about the Prequel Trilogy?
15.00%
6 votes
Overuse of CGI
10.00%
4 votes
Bad acting
12.50%
5 votes
The portrayal of Anakin Skywalker as annoying & whiny
12.50%
5 votes
Jar Jar Binks
2.50%
1 votes
Darth Maul wasted
5.00%
2 votes
Childish humor and bad jokes
17.50%
7 votes
The love story between Anakin & Padme
0%
0 votes
Everything having to be connected to the Originals in some way
2.50%
1 votes
Pointless characters there to make toys out of
22.50%
9 votes
Other
40 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Should have made this poll multiple choice.
There's a few things that Lucas didn't get right... including directing them. He should have taken a leaf out of the original trilogy's book and used other directors.
I could have made it multiple choice, but I wanted to know out of all the problems with the Prequels, which single one is the worst in your opinion.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
All of the above.

With the exception of Darth Maul being wasted. Darth Maul was great, and the best thing was that he wasn't over used.

I didn't mind either the cgi or the love story at the time, but watching them now, they're glaringly bad.

All of the above.

With the exception of Darth Maul being wasted. Darth Maul was great, and the best thing was that he wasn't over used.

I didn't mind either the cgi or the love story at the time, but watching them now, they're glaringly bad.
Yeah the cgi is definitely outdated.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I think the overall sense of detachment ties into a bunch of these.

The worst thing is having to wait till I'm an AARP member for Disney to retcon the prequels.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Having thought about this a bit, I think the absolute worst thing about the prequels is when they don't match up with the originals. Really, they could have told any story they liked, all they had to do is not contradict what already happens in the original trilogy. But instead they make things that happen in the original trilogy not make any sense.

We get things like Padme dying in childbirth when Leia in Return of the Jedi can remember her mother a bit (how, if she died before she was hours old?). Also, how come Leia is a princess anyway? All the time we'd assumed Ben Kenobi was wearing hermit robes as some kind of disguise, and then it turns out those are official Jedi robes! Why did he keep wearing them for 20 years when every other Jedi in the galaxy was being hunted down? Why does Obi Wan say he doesn't remember owning a droid if R2D2 had been knocking about with him and Anakin for years?

From what I remember Leia was adopted... by the Organa's (the ruling royalty of Alderaan). So she therefore became a princess.
The mother she refers to may have been her adopted mother (although I'm not sure about the context of the reference. Other sources say her adopted mother was killed when Vader destroyed Alderaan - which would mean Leia's memories of her adopted mother should be quite extensive).

The continuity has always been a major taking point... which is why I found it interesting when Abrams said he's not counting the prequels as canon anymore.

The continuity has always been a major taking point... which is why I found it interesting when Abrams said he's not counting the prequels as canon anymore.
Cripes, Abrams will probably have Shatner show up and kick off some kind of Crisis in Infinite Galaxies that are far far away.

Ah yes. The much hated Prequel Trilogy. After an unprecedented amount of hype, The Prequel Trilogy caused an unprecedented amount of disappointment. Among the most derided aspects of the prequel trilogy are overuse of computer generated imagery and wooden performances, among other things. What did you feel to be the worst thing about the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy (1999-2005)?
That's a little exaggerated - the movies did decent on Rotten Tomatoes and the critic websites.

It's mainly a segment of die-hard fans who disliked these films the most.

The Phantom Menace is my least favorite because of the overall campy feel but the other 2 films were fine, though with a few continuity issues.

The third or last one was okay (except for Hayen Christensen!)
Which was the one where they did the Godfather homage (or rip off) toward the end where they showed all the Jedis getting whacked?

Three Movies werent enough. I think they should have split Episode 2 into two halfs to tell more about the war its self and introduced Grievious in second film of Episode 2 and In Episode 3 makes more since for anakin to turn.

The worst thing about the prequels is the fanboys.

There.

I said it.
The fanboys have every right to piss and moan. They were expecting something amazing, and what they got not only was disappointing, but also bad. They expected better and their disappointment is well justified imo.

A system of cells interlinked
All of the above.

They're U rated films. Yeah they were cack overall, but what else did you expect from a one hit wonder?

Star Wars Eps I-III aren't masterpieces, but Abrams will sort that out when he remakes them eventually.