This will be a test of the new spam system

Tools    

That sounds good.

I don't mind so much the tedium of reporting existing threads, it just when I report one and then refresh only to find one or two new spam threads that it gets frustrating.

Dig. I'd like to spare you guys that, if at all possible, but I do appreciate the effort you guys have been willing to expend. Hopefully this tweak (and maybe a few more like the ones I just mentioned) will help make it a lot more manageable.

Looks like you guys used this last night, yeah? If so, seems to have worked great--three threads in about a minute before enough reports were submitted to ban him.

A system of cells interlinked
As usual, Chris knock's it out of the park. Well done!

(A pox on your team!)

Looks like you guys used this last night, yeah? If so, seems to have worked great--three threads in about a minute before enough reports were submitted to ban him.
it was kind of satisfying because i was the 3rd report on all the threads.

Well, if people do in fact report them, a given thread will be temporarily deleted, sure. But all the mods get an email about it to make sure it's a legitimate deletion.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
This system makes me want to be on around 23-24:00 est and play whack-a-spam.

You guys should test it out on me for fun. Three different people, report my posts. See if I get automatically banned. BAN SEXY CELEBRITY! The mods will bring me back eventually. Do it. I double dare ya.

Oh, wait, it doesn't work on people with more than 500 posts.... that really doesn't apply to me.

That's great to hear. Now that this helps things from getting out of control, it buys me some time to fiddle with the prevention stuff to make sure you guys don't have to do it too often.

Ahhh, spam hunting has just become even more fun with the satisfaction of banning the little ... darlings. Great stuff, Yoda!