Instrumentals Song Tournament

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
You guys - Dayvan Cowboy and An Ending (Ascent) are two separate tracks. One category on day 2 has three tracks instead of two...

Also: I edited in a shorter version of Vivaldi in, so we are under duration now.
Turns out this was my fault.

Whoops! Sorry about that, all! Carry on!

Just Gatsby and DeadChannel outstanding on voting on Day 2 and I've a busy morning ahead tomorrow so I'm going to pop the next tranche up now - please don't feel I'm rushing people to vote as that is certainly not the intention, I'm genuinely just trying to save myself one of a number of jobs in the morning and I'll not be able to vote myself until later in the day tomorrow.

Round 1 Day 3
Squarepusher - Don't Go Plastic vs. The Surfaris - Wipeout
Rush - La Villa Strangiato vs. Savannah River Holiday: Overture - Ron Nelson * * (alt. version for Europe)
Mussorgsy - Bydlo (from Pictures at an Exhibition) vs. Brian Eno - An Ending (Ascent)
Ramin Djawadi - Game of Thrones theme vs. Michael Nyman - In Re Don Giovanni
Floods - Hildur Gudnadottir vs. Sibelius - Finlandia
Autumn 3 (Vivaldi Recomposed)- Max Richter vs. Pink Floyd - Marooned
Samuel Barber - Violin Concerto, Opus 14 - II. Andante vs. Hildur Gudnadottir - Into Warmer Air
Parhelic Triangle - Autechre vs. Bagley - National Emblem March

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
I've a busy morning ahead tomorrow so I'm going to pop the next tranche up now - please don't feel I'm rushing people to vote as that is certainly not the intention, I'm genuinely just trying to save myself one of a number of jobs in the morning
Actually, I was happy to see this up because I have things that I have to do tomorrow that will be preventing me from going online.

Rush - La Villa Strangiato vs. Savannah River Holiday: Overture - Ron Nelson * * (alternate version for Europe)
Mussorgsy - Bydlo (from Pictures at an Exhibition) vs. Brian Eno - An Ending (Ascent)
Samuel Barber - Violin Concerto, Opus 14 - II. Andante vs. Hildur Gudnadottir - Into Warmer Air

Has anyone had a video just stop in the middle? I had it with the Samuel Barber video. It was interrupted with an ad. I don't think I have ever had that with a video before.

Easily the best song tournament I've ever been a part of.

Rush - La Villa Strangiato vs. Savannah River Holiday: Overture - Ron Nelson * * (alt. version for Europe)

Master of My Domain
ROUND 1 - DAY 2

King Tubby - Blood Dunza (Dub version) * * (alternate version for those outside Europe) vs. Animals As Leaders - CAFO
Led Zeppelin - Moby Dick vs. Kanka - Step Forward
JS Bach - Brandenburg Concerto No. 3 in G major, BWV 1048 vs. Bach - Toccata and Fugue in D Minor
Boards of Canada - Dayvan Cowboy - An Ending (Ascent) vs. John McLaughlin- Miles Davis
Sing Sing Sing - Benny Goodman vs. Giorgio Moroder - Chase
Jose Feliciano - Malaguena vs. "Gone With The Wind" (Tara's Theme) - Itzhak Perlman & John Williams
Crazy For You: Overture - George Gershwin vs. Chopin - Etude No. 3 Op. 10 "Tristesse"
Near Light- �lafur Arnalds vs. Little Walter - Juke

Going through from Day 1 to the next round:
Aphex Twin - Heliosphan
John Barry - Theme to Midnight Cowboy
Edgar Winter Group - Frankenstein
Richard Strauss - Thus Spoke Zarathustra
Minor Swing- Django Reinhardt

Three matches ended tied at five votes apiece so we need a tie-breaker for these:
Michael Nyman - Chasing Sheep Is Best Left To Shepherds vs. Mitsuda - Chrono Trigger Corridors of Time

Opaque - Hildur Gudnadottir vs. Mason Williams - Classical Gas

Prokofiev - Dance of the Nights vs. Duke Ellington - Mood Indigo

Michael Nyman - Chasing Sheep Is Best Left To Shepherds vs. Mitsuda - Chrono Trigger Corridors of Time

Opaque - Hildur Gudnadottir vs. Mason Williams - Classical Gas

Free hugs to anyone who votes for Mood Indigo.
I would have, but some fool beat me.

Master of My Domain
No hug for you.
I would have, but some fool beat me.
I appreciate the attempted effort.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Easily the best song tournament I've ever been a part of.

+rep for the first sentence, -rep for voting against GoT and Mussorgsky! You're lucky I'm feeling like sharing or you'd get nothing!

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Round 1 – Day 3

Rush - La Villa Strangiato
vs. Savannah River Holiday: Overture - Ron Nelson

Round 1 Day 3
Mussorgsy - Bydlo (from Pictures at an Exhibition) vs. Brian Eno - An Ending (Ascent) - hard, liked them both
Ramin Djawadi - Game of Thrones theme vs. Michael Nyman - In Re Don Giovanni - not keen on Game of Thrones the series but the music is suitably epic
Floods - Hildur Gudnadottir vs. Sibelius - Finlandia - like them both too. Swan has Hildur played with Godspeed You Black Emperor? I keep thinking I hear small sections that are very like their work. Maybe it's just being the cello that does it.
Samuel Barber - Violin Concerto, Opus 14 - II. Andante vs. Hildur Gudnadottir - Into Warmer Air - went with mine but do like the other one too. I must've heard the Barber before but I heard it in Terence Davies film A Deep Blue Sea (a director I feel an affinity for) which is set in shabby post war London where a sad woman with a staid husband is having an affair with a feckless guy who is pretty horrible to her. The film isn't amazing, but the music made tears run down my face and still does whenever I listen to it.
Parhelic Triangle - Autechre vs. Bagley - National Emblem March - this is what I mean about variety in this tourney!

A system of cells interlinked
RUND 1 - DAY 3

Rush - La Villa Strangiato vs. Savannah River Holiday: Overture - Ron Nelson

No fair to the cheaty-face that is pushing cello pieces. I am a slave to the cello. Hildur ftw!

I like a fair amount of Autechre music, but this track is off of Confield, which I just can't stand for some reason. I am more of an Amber/Tri Repetae guy, myself.

Round 1 Day 3

Rush - La Villa Strangiato vs. Savannah River Holiday: Overture - Ron Nelson

I'm closing Day 2 now, the following match is tied so I'll see if someone would be kind enough to help us out and break it and I'll announce those going through once that is done:

JS Bach - Brandenburg Concerto No. 3 in G major, BWV 1048 vs. Bach - Toccata and Fugue in D Minor