The MoFo Top 100 of the 60s: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Birdman of Alcatraz is an excellent film, I've seen it yesterday after sending my list, still it wouldn't have made it, but probably if it was a top 35. The thing is that I don't know how much of an accurate portrayal of Robert Strout this movie makes, it's almost as if at the end of his life he was a man with wisdom, calm, respect for others, etc. I don't know if it is an idyllic version of Strout, but it was still a fantastic film.

I haven't seen the human condition because I couldn't find the first one. My Library has number 2 and 3, but not 1 ....

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
With "Birdman of Alcatraz", one of my choices makes the list. I had it fairly high on my list at #8. Burt Lancaster's performance is one of my all-time favorites. And it is just an all-around example of excellent film making.

Birdman of Alcatraz is an excellent film, I've seen it yesterday after sending my list, still it wouldn't have made it, but probably if it was a top 35. The thing is that I don't know how much of an accurate portrayal of Robert Strout this movie makes, it's almost as if at the end of his life he was a man with wisdom, calm, respect for others, etc. I don't know if it is an idyllic version of Strout, but it was still a fantastic film.

I haven't seen the human condition because I couldn't find the first one. My Library has number 2 and 3, but not 1 ....
I watched on TCM, where they have the editorials before and after. They as much as said it was idyllic. It didn't change how much I liked but yeah, your not wrong.

“Hell will hold no surprises for you.”
Birdman of Alcatraz was #20 on my list. Only film so far to make my list.

Birdman of Alcatraz is very good - didn't really come close to making my list but I thought it would show up higher. THCIII is a masterpiece and was number 8 on my list. A bit disappointed it is this low but I guess it was a hard sell to get people to watch the previous six hours before it. I think if we were doing these lists in the other direction and had done the fifties first quite a few more people would have seen them.

Black Sunday (1960), watch it late one October night. my 1960s #6

I still say it's time to redo the all time list.
I think we should do the decades before we return to the all time list, to give pre-1960 movies more of a chance to get on it.
at this rate half of MoFos population will be dead by the time we get back to the all-time list. i'm with Miss Vicky, & i want in as host candidate

oh ! Dracula Has Risen From the Grave (1968) was my #25. 1-pointer win

Finished here. It's been fun.
Only seen one from the films listed so far(The Trial), although I really want to check out the others as well. Anyone that loves atmospheric films or horror films definitely needs to check out The Trial. It is one of the absolute greatest films of the 60s and a true masterpiece from Welles. It was on my list and I'm damn happy it made the cut.

Let the night air cool you off
I voted for Human Condition, I think I was the #2 voter, but I don't remember. Hopefully the first two will get good spots on the fifties list with the series getting some recognition here.

Been over the thread... and been thinking of a way to say this, but I stand by the principal of what I said... but it was completely and totally wrong of me to diss everyone's lists, and the 60s countdown, and make a scene of it all by acting like a moron.

Not making excuses, but I'd had a few drinks that night, and since then I've felt embarrassed about how I went about it all.

I'll be following the 60s list, and am repping away But I still won't rep "certain" entries.

What I'm trying to say is, I'm sorry for my behaviour last week and I've been embarrassed about it and it's time I stepped up and said I was acting like a douche.

63 POINTS • 3 LISTS
The Human Condition III: A Soldier's Prayer?

Sounds like some direct-to-video thing you'd glance at on a shelf at Blockbuster Video in the 1990's.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
The Human Condition III: A Soldier's Prayer?

Sounds like some direct-to-video thing you'd glance at on a shelf at Blockbuster Video in the 1990's.

Should be right up your street then.

Been over the thread... and been thinking of a way to say this, but I stand by the principal of what I said... but it was completely and totally wrong of me to diss everyone's lists, and the 60s countdown, and make a scene of it all by acting like a moron.

Not making excuses, but I'd had a few drinks that night, and since then I've felt embarrassed about how I went about it all.

I'll be following the 60s list, and am repping away But I still won't rep "certain" entries.

What I'm trying to say is, I'm sorry for my behaviour last week and I've been embarrassed about it and it's time I stepped up and said I was acting like a douche.
Rodent what you were saying was actually understandable, I just felt you were being too hard on it by completely boycotting the list. Anyway glad to see you reconsider .

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
People need to chill out! Even I will try not to complain about the choices!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

The Breakdown...

Knife in the Water

3rd (23 points), 6th (20 points), 16th (10 points), 18th (8 points), 24th (2 points)

Fail-Safe

9th (17 points), 11th (15 points), 2x 12th (28 points), 24th (2 points), 25th (1 point)

Notes

Both film received the same amount of points as the previous film, The Human Condition III but appeared on more lists, which was the only deciding factor in their final rankings.

I watched Knife in the Water a few months ago after Captain Spaulding recommended it. Its a very good movie, but it wasn't in the running for my list.

Fail-Safe is the third movie to show up that was a strong contender for my list, after Seconds and Birdman of Alcatraz. I thought it was a sure thing but it just didn't happen. The live made for TV remake was also excellent.