Supreme Court Rules Same-Sex Marriage Legal Nationwide

Tools    

Bull crap. The people in power are concerned with what the Kocc brothers want. There's not a single government official that ever thought "we need to make sure the kids of tomorrow are well-balanced, educated individuals." Not once. If there was, would the results of this search exist they way they do?
This is just ridiculous. Not one state senator, not one city council member, not one mayor? That's just absurd

This is just ridiculous. Not one state senator, not one city council member, not one mayor? That's just absurd
Only when they are pandering for the votes of the people who aren't buying the elections. If we're lucky, there might be a couple on the federal level who said something close to that and meant it.

Early in their career.

If you've ever listened to any DC insider you'll find that they all say the same thing. Even the lofty minded, idealistic politicians are broken down over time in DC. It's nothing but making deals and compromising. There was an episode of On the Media on NPR who had a 30-year+ veteran DC reporter and he flat out said laws don't get made in DC, deals do. I'm sorry if this is cynical and sounds like nonsense, but everything I've ever heard from people close to federal US politics says the same thing. Most of the politicians think you're too stupid to actually be making any decisions on your own.

I wish to God I was making this up.

EDIT: Maybe it was the TED radio hour... It was one of the NPR podcasts.

I would suggest something then, why do gay people want to get maried in front of the Church? The same Church that marginalize them for some ridiculous reasons? I would say that they have all the right to have civil union and call it marriage so that the symbolic is there, but I agree that the Church should not have to proceed to gay marriages because it would be completely illogic. The Church would go agains't it's principles and gay couples would legally confirm their union in front of an organisation that despise (might be a strong word, but I don't know another one haha) them.

I would suggest something then, why do gay people want to get maried in front of the Church? The same Church that marginalize them for some ridiculous reasons? I would say that they have all the right to have civil union and call it marriage so that the symbolic is there, but I agree that the Church should not have to proceed to gay marriages because it would be completely illogic. The Church would go agains't it's principles and gay couples would legally confirm their union in front of an organisation that despise (might be a strong word, but I don't know another one haha) them.
Those people are doing that to make a point. Nothing else. They'll never be able to make a church marry them if said church doesn't want to. It's the same reason a Jewish church would never marry a heathen like me. Because I like non-kosher food.

I'm going to play devil's advocate, donniedarko.

Let's pretend there's a politician out there who is capable of thinking further ahead than the next election (ha!). If said person does exist, there's still no reason to think they've ever made a decision that was in the best interest of children who haven't been born yet or even of the kids living right now. How many politicians are against the idea of free/cheap college? How much money do we spend on war versus public schools? How many children are still without healthcare? And, the ones who are on government healthcare (like mine) are a drain on our system and they're getting crappy care at that. How many outreach programs do we have for inner city kids? How many programs do we have for poor kids? Of those, how many actually work?

Come on, do you seriously think there are politicians who give a crap about the well being of the next generation? Or are they more concerned with lining their pockets and making sure there's no inheritance tax so their kids can take their wealth when they die?

I don't know what politicians think, why they do what they do haha I'm not in their head. I find it kind of presumptuous to try to imagine their intentions.
I'm not making presumptions of what's happening in their heads. I'm looking at the result of their "work."

I don't know I'm not american, but in general I find it quite popular to say that politicians are ********, etc. That they don't care for the people. But most of them would have much more money and calm in their life if they weren't doing politics.

Sure I personally I'm completely at the opposite ideologically to the repupublican party, but I can't say that they don't really think that the ideology they defend is what is best for their country.

I don't know I'm not american, but in general I find it quite popular to say that politicians are ********, etc. That they don't care for the people. But most of them would have much more money and calm in their life if they weren't doing politics.

Sure I personally I'm completely at the opposite ideologically to the repupublican party, but I can't say that they don't really think that the ideology they defend is what is best for their country.
I'll direct you back here. If they're making decisions that are "best for their country" why is their country doing so poorly? Are you going to blame the kids?

I don't know anyone, on either side of the political spectrum, who thinks a poor education system is a positive result of their policies. Do you?

I don't know why university is that expensive in the USA honestly, maybe because some say that it is not the job of the state to pay for schools? That people who don't go to school don't have to pay for it? (ridiculous argument because everyone benefits from scholars when they do the job they will do)

To give you a comparison, I start university this september and it costs me (my parents haha) around 4000$ per year or maybe even less.

There's not a single government official that ever thought "we need to make sure the kids of tomorrow are well-balanced, educated individuals." Not once.
Good grief, bouncingbrick! You keep singling everyone out as either this way, or that way. They're totally for this, or totally for that. Surely you know, nothing on this planet works like that. Especially with the high number of people involved in these situations you speak of. Even this . . .

Those people are doing that to make a point. Nothing else.
My friend's granddaughter is gay, and very religious. If she ever does get married, she will more than likely want a church wedding. It's not going to be to make a point. So what then . . . Is she the only one?

My brother has been in politics for several years. I won't say who or where. That is all I will say . . . Except for the fact that he does care about this country's children, and how their lives go. Again . . . Is he the only one?

We've had this discussion before, but over an unimportant topic. I just thought you were exaggerating back then, but you seem to believe things really work out this way. I'm just curious, is all, so don't go getting all upset with me, my little weight losing buddy.

I'll direct you back here. If they're making decisions that are "best for their country" why is their country doing so poorly? Are you going to blame the kids?

I don't know anyone, on either side of the political spectrum, who thinks a poor education system is a positive result of their policies. Do you?

I don't know why you think our country is doing so poorly. The US government actually spends more on each student than any other country. So the system may not be number 1 but it's not as if Financials are the issue. And yes a big part of the education systems down sides are the students in inner city schools.

sorry donnie if I was harsh to you earlier.

What I meant to say was that when slavery was abolished it was a loss of state rights and a bigger federal government. It seemed to me the exact same thing that you were lamenting. Granting individuals equal recognition under the law.

Will she do it on the steps of a church that won't allow her marry her inside in view of the public with photographers on hand who aren't there for her personal pictures? I doubt it.
Oh no you don't! That's not what you were saying. You said that all gay people who got married in church, would only be there to make a point. I am saying that she will not be there for that, and I am sure she won't be the only one. I'm feeling pretty sure her spouse will feel the same way.

I won't quote all the political stuff, because I hate politics. Most of the conversations annoy me. I find that a lot of people get too worked up, and hateful sounding, to bother to talk to.

No, he is not that high up . . . and no, knowing my brother like you don't, I am sure he has NOT said anything just to look good, sound right. We come from the same father. There's no way in hell.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
This fills me with more rage than I can comprehend. No marriage should be more important than any other. None of the scenarios you talk about are more or less important than the other. None of the scenarios you describe should be treated with more or less respect than any of the others. The lives being built by a couple that is getting married, regardless of age/sex/fertility/etc. should be respected equally because we're human ****ing beings who should be kind to one another. We shouldn't discriminate or give preferential treatment. That what this entire thing is about!
Oh calm the **** down before you have heart attack... It feels you with rage, you can't comprehend more? Are you going to become Hulk? Don't dramatize situation when not necessary. I kinda make it clear that I'm not saying one should suffer or be "cut out" because of the other, I pointed out that marriage with kids needs more help, you probably feed out of the sun but human beings (besides being kind to each other) need to eat, they need clothes, they need school (these days) and so on... You don't think some people need more help than the others? Not deserve but need.You talk about helping people but you attack me for saying it, good job.

WHAT?!??!! No, we don't all know why. I sure as heck don't. Why don't you enlighten me? Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but you're saying the subject of same sex couples adopting children is a difficult topic, right? If it is, why? If you're talking about something else, let me know what I'm not getting.
That will be hard, judging from your previous post's, but let me try. You don't think same sex adopting always brings out a lot of headed up discussions? Church is first to get involved, then traditional people and so on, you never saw that? I guess you live in a better world then rest of us. And its also very different because until end of the world we can discuss about not having mother/father (on purpose), and before you start throwing knifes at me, I didn't say I would find it hard, but people in general do.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
You don't think same sex adopting always brings out a lot of headed up discussions? Church is first to get involved, then traditional people and so on, you never saw that? And its also very different because until end of the world we can discuss about not having mother/father (on purpose), and before you start throwing knifes at me, I didn't say I would find it hard, but people in general do.

(copy-paste from my other post)

What you seem to be saying is, I HAVE to be one or the other? OK, then you tell me. Which one are you?

You sound like you hate being stereotyped?!? So why did it just sound like you were doing it to me?

I would like to believe that where I live, for the most part anyway, will stay civil. I'm in Tennessee, but the way . . . and no, I do not have a twang. I'm simply Southern!
I said nothing about tenn. I was talking about Alabama and Georgia and too me thats deeper south. Tenn is called a southern state but too where we are your not south but more west

Yes yes yes they should be able to adopt.
They are able to provide a MUCH better environment for these kids than a government bureaucracy ever will

Here is the thing Im a simple person i only understand God Created Adam and Eve. I am a christian its what I believe. But I also am the type to not care what a neighbor does. But also I dont get how the court could or should make states say its ok too get hitched if its against pro life. Funny thing is in the long run same sex needs the man and women creation too have kids. I just dont know what to think. But I know people worse then me who are more god fearing will say its a sign of then end. Cause if all same sex happens we are doomed. I dont know those feelings of same sex and personally hate topics that are politics.