Song Tournament X

Tools    

Thanks for the votes everyone. Can't believe I won.

Also, cheers to Gatsby for runner-up, you were great competition bro.

Good job with the tournament, Sexy. Seemed like quite an undertaking this time.

Congrats on the win, Swan.

Thanks for the tournament, SC. Despite the last 24 hours where you went at usual SC speed, you did a really good job. Both of the tournament and keeping your urges in check.

Congrats on the win Swanny boy !!

Ps: A Metal Song Tournament would be awesome in my opinion

Thanks for the appreciation. Sorry the last couple of rounds went by fast.

I've updated the second post of this thread, on the first page -- bottom of the post -- announcing who the winners are, complete with pictures.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Congratulations to Swan and Gatsby for great nominations. They're both great songs, (although I prefer the original Neil Diamond version of the winning song).

And Thanks to SC for the first half of a great tournament. I'm kind of glad that I missed the last half because it was rushed too much. It's a shame that some songs didn't get a fair chance in the last few rounds.

Well, Swan will probably never win another one of these again unless he changes his musical taste, so I had to help him out. I wanted to see new people and new bands/artists win. I thought we were heading towards a "Rolling Stones - Paint it Black" finale, which was depressing me, 'cause Rolling Stones already won. Then it was almost Derek Vinyard and Honeykid in the end, and they already win a lot -- I wanted "1979" by The Smashing Pumpkins to win, but I was afraid Bachman-Turner Overdrive would come with it. So, I stopped at Urge Overkill and Boston, both of which I love. Deal with it. It's part tournament, part entertainment when you work with Sexy Celebrity.

Well, Swan will probably never win another one of these again unless he changes his musical taste, so I had to help him out. I wanted to see new people and new bands/artists win. I thought we were heading towards a "Rolling Stones - Paint it Black" finale, which was depressing me, 'cause Rolling Stones already won. Then it was almost Derek Vinyard and Honeykid in the end, and they already win a lot -- I wanted "1979" by The Smashing Pumpkins to win, but I was afraid Bachman-Turner Overdrive would come with it. So, I stopped at Urge Overkill and Boston, both of which I love. Deal with it. It's part tournament, part entertainment when you work with Sexy Celebrity.
I honestly never think Bachman-Turner Overdrive would go that far so I'm still happy

I honestly never think Bachman-Turner Overdrive would go that far so I'm still happy
I like that song. I would have been okay with it winning. I had nominated it myself for the '70s Song Tournament, but it was out after the very first round.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

So basically you rigged the tournament to get the songs you wanted into the finals?

So basically you rigged the tournament to get the songs you wanted into the finals?
Well, I had enough votes to continue to the next rounds. It was all very fair. For the most part.

Not rigged. Sexy Celebrity'd.

A list of all the musical artists who have either won or been a runner up in these Song Tournaments. In case you want a quick reference.

WINNERS

Scorpions
The Rolling Stones
The Police
Nirvana
a-ha
The Supremes
Brenda Lee
Queen
Bangs
Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five
The Sweet
The Doors
Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes
Kenny Loggins
Pink Floyd
The Mamas & The Papas
The Animals
Giao Linh
Ben E. King
Patsy Cline
Tom Waits
Warren Zevon
Mazzy Star
Otis Redding
Guns N' Roses
Urge Overkill

RUNNER UPS

Roy Orbison
Simon & Garfunkel
Berlin
Jane's Addiction
Elvis Presley
The Supremes
Bing Crosby
Frankie Goes To Hollywood
Mr Blobby
LL Cool J
David Bowie
INXS
Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warnes
Deniece Williams
Heart
The Drifters
R.E.M.
Yoko Ono
Goblin
The Cranberries
Eddie Rabbitt
Bob Dylan
Elton John
Blondie
Gerry Rafferty
Nirvana
Boston

I think the right song won. More than a Feeling is a great song that I love, but it's just another great song. The song that won stands out as unique, besides being great, and it's not a song that's played to death on the radio. I missed voting on the final 4, but I was going to vote for the two that advanced anyway.