MoFo Fantasy Baseball '15 - The Regular Season

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Now I know!

Gomez almost got hit in the on deck circle.
That happened to one of my guys a couple of years ago. It was CarGo on my other fantasy team; got hit with a sharp ball on the ankle in the on-deck circle and it messed him up for most of the latter half of the year.

Gomez, though. Guy's catching some tough breaks this year. He probably deserves it, though.

I was silly to start Jason Hammel @ Arizona. Soooo not necessary and Im paying the price for it now.

Trevor Bauer, en fuego!

Last three starts: 22.1 IP, 13 H, 6 BB, 3 ER, 21 K, 2 W

That face you make when you sit a guy for the first time and he goes 4/5 with 3 runs scored, a homer and 4 RBI's... I suck at this stupid game.

Speaking of dumb, I picked up J-HAM.
I have been close to picking him up a couple of times when looking for a starter. Never pulled the trigger. That's how I keep my 10th place standing, great decisions.

Today's chapter of "Humbling Moments in My Faux Career as an Athlete":

Kiley McDaniel is the lead prospect writer at FanGraphs. He's great. Over the winter, he posted a series of articles explaining how scouting works. In one of them (http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/scout...couting-scale/), he included a table of objective scouting grades for different tools. Speed is assessed by both speed out of the box to first (lefty batters are expected to be slightly faster to first than righties) and by a 60 yard dash.

I ran at the track today and I did a timed 60 after I finished; it took me about 8 seconds, which is too slow to be on the scouting table. Today, I learned that almost everybody in MLB, with the possible exception of Bartolo Colon, is much faster than me.

My pitchers got crushed! Danny Salazar gave up 3, then Jake McGee gives up a grand slam , AND THEN Boxberger gives up a homer to the same guy! (Kyle Seager)

Of course my kneejerk reaction was go to trading, then decided I'd hold off. gulp! Am open to taking offers, yeah thats the ticket!

The streaky Pirates have won their 5th in a row to improve to 23-22. They're riding a 5 game winning streak; their 7th winning or losing streak of more than 3 games.

That other face you make when your closer blows the save but the team bails him out. So he:s got a huge era. But hey! He got the win! Meh...
The classic BS W.

Another bad day, and Tims Arbitrage is blowing up the scoreboard. Duda & Pedroia both with 2 homers in their game plus somebody else got one. Presently Im in 1st place with 99 points, and Mr Timmah is at 95. Closest anyones gotten yet, and if my guys dont perform steadily pretty soon, he'll pass me.